Brett Favre officially an UFA

Justice

Brett Favre was finally released by the NY Jets. He was taken off of the retired list. He has no plans to return, but if he does, he is free to sign with any team in the league.

Here's an interesting question. If, God forbid, Trent Edwards is knocked out for the year and Favre wanted back into the league, would you sign him to a one year deal or would you rather hand the job over to Ryan Fitzpatrick?

I, personally, would rather go with Favre. How about you?

If we had to I'd say yes..he's been in the game so long it wouldn't take much to adjust to this offense....But I have a feeling he's already talking to Minny about going there..he wanted Minny last year but couldn't go due to Packers blocking him from going...I could be wrong, but I have a feeling he still tries to go.

I agree the subject is interesting but I just hate his game.

Way to many poor and intercepted passes

Yup.

As a number of threads have alluded to, our new offense has the makings of being very potent and now the focus is shifting to Trent Edwards staying healthy and being capable of stepping up to make it fly. Should the Bills find themselves competitive and in the thick of a playoff chase and Trent goes down for a spell, I'd much rather have a veteran QB with a helluva gun than anyone else on the roster. If we're already out of the picture -should this scenario develop- then giving Fitz or Hamdan quality reps makes more sense.

Yup.

As a number of threads have alluded to, our new offense has the makings of being very potent and now the focus is shifting to Trent Edwards staying healthy and being capable of stepping up to make it fly. Should the Bills find themselves competitive and in the thick of a playoff chase and Trent goes down for a spell, I'd much rather have a veteran QB with a helluva gun than anyone else on the roster. If we're already out of the picture -should this scenario develop- then giving Fitz or Hamdan quality reps makes more sense.

I concur.

Brett Favre was finally released by the NY Jets. He was taken off of the retired list. He has no plans to return, but if he does, he is free to sign with any team in the league.

Here's an interesting question. If, God forbid, Trent Edwards is knocked out for the year and Favre wanted back into the league, would you sign him to a one year deal or would you rather hand the job over to Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Favre will be a Viking, mark it down

Oh, for crying out loud. Is there no end to this absurdity?

Didn't they bring in Rosenfels?

Seriously? That's your reason for not bringing in Favre, Sage...Rosenfels???

Oh, for crying out loud. Is there no end to this absurdity?

No, unfortunately...

Yup.

So if Trent goes down week 8 you'd rather bring in a guy known for throwing interceptions in the clutch and having zero knowledge of our playbook rather than a brilliant (literally) veteran like Fitzy who can manage the game? Not even close. I think too many people here play too much Madden.

Seriously? That's your reason for not bringing in Favre, Sage...Rosenfels???

No, unfortunately...

So if Trent goes down week 8 you'd rather bring in a guy known for throwing interceptions in the clutch and having zero knowledge of our playbook rather than a brilliant (literally) veteran like Fitzy who can manage the game? Not even close. I think too many people here play too much Madden.

Favre is not going to a team as a backup. The team will need to commit to him as the starter.

I'll take him in Denver. We have two second string players that will compete for the starting job.

I think Brett throws way too many interceptions but I'll take him. I'd also take Jake Plummer back.