Larry Foote (ILB) To Be Cut

I have never heard my diehard Steeler fan friends speak of him in that light. They think highly of him for what it's worth.

uhh. I've never really heard anything positive about Foote, especially from Pitt fans.

here are a few excerpts from stillers.com

Not to be outdone, Larry Foote had a wretched evening before finally giving way to Timmons. Foote had a good, rare lick on McGahee on a 2-yard gain in the 3Q. He was incredibly weak, soft, and poor as piss on both of McGahee’s TD plunges. On the first, Foote was unblocked, yet meekly flailed at McGahee in a horrifically putrid attempt. He then weakly whiffed on the 2nd TD run. You see a defender making half-hearted tackle attempts -- while totally unfettered and unblocked -- on GL plunges with the AFC title on the line, and you cannot help but wonder if he was trying to throw the game.

Larry FlatFoote gave up the TD pass to Patrick in the 2Q. His coverage was fine. Problem was, Foote never left the ground on this high lob of a pass, literally standing FLAT FOOTED and meekly just reaching up with his paw. Had he jumped just 2 inches -- TWO INCHES -- he very easily bats this pass and the play is broken up. This was one of the most UNathletic plays I’ve ever seen from a supposed “starting linebacker” at the NFL level. We can only hope this will be Foote’s last game in a Stiller uniform.

here's one where he actually did well:

Larry Foote chipped in on some run stuffs, but had some problems as well. He weakly flailed at Sproles on the 8-yard run in the 1Q, Sproles’ longest run of the day. On the next play, he flailed in the backfield and Sproles gained 4 yards. He teamed with Harrison on the INT and came up with the ball.

Not wanting to be outdone, Larry Slow-a-Foote had a sh------- game as well. He had a weak whiff n’ flail of Crumpler after a short catch, turning 1 yard into 11 in the 2Q. He had another whiff, this time on the backup TE, Scaife, in the 3Q that turned 3 yards into 9 on 2nd & 5. It was Foote that was totally fooled and bamboozled on the 4th & 1 quickie-pitch. How many years has this shitbird been in the NFL ?? His lone decent play was a bustup of a poor pass behind the receiver on a 3d & 3 late in the 3Q. When you have a starting ILB -- on a defense that is DESIGNED to funnel tackles to the ILBs -- make a whopping 2 solos all game long, you know he’s a pile o’ manure.

Now, mind you, those are positional analysis' of 5 games.. and in 4 of them he sucked ass. but whatever, he's good.

Here's pretty much all I need to read:

Timmons had a silly whiff on a sack on a 3d & 7 late in the 2Q, which was then completed for a 17-yard gain. Timmy did have a nice reaction and soft hands on the Jacco TA that bounced off the crossbar late in the 2Q, which, if the rules allowed, would have been a terrific INT. Timmer then laid a huge hit on a 3d & 4 pass in the 4Q, which caused the ball to dislodge and was nearly picked off by Townsend. Timmons also had a huge sack n’ strip in the 4Q, coming off the left edge, which knocked Balt. out of FG range and set up the fateful 92-yard TD march. In a nutshell, Timmons had more game-impacting type of plays (3) in 32 minutes than Foote has had in his entire feeble career. Gee, it’s a good thing that Timmons continues to rot the bench behind a superstar of Foote’s caliber.

uhh. I've never really heard anything positive about Foote, especially from Pitt fans.

here are a few excerpts from stillers.com

here's one where he actually did well:

Now, mind you, those are positional analysis' of 5 games.. and in 4 of them he sucked ass. but whatever, he's good.

Here's pretty much all I need to read:

Not saying I know anything about him, just how they have reacted to him. Maybe it's just being homers. Or maybe he's a decent player.