From an ACTUAL Source

Yeah, Baumer, the whole point was that my source is a Chicago guy, much more in the know than you (I assume) and he's only got positive things to say.

What bridge would any Chicagoan be hoping to mend/maintain by lying TO ME about how he felt about Jauron THE COACH. He dind't give me a "he's great, but" he didn't even hesitate when Jauron's name came up, his response was gushing.

No intention of insulting YOU, but what motivation would a Chicago guy WHO'S ACTUALLY IN THE KNOW have to salvage Jauron's reputation?

I find it funny that your Chicago source "gushes" over DJ but my Chicago source (a man who played for Dick and still plays in Chicago) went with the "he's a nice guy" and that's all he's got approach. I tend to go with my source, a longtime friend and one who seems to echo the statements on any rational observer - that Dick Jauron can't win.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Baumer, the whole point was that my source is a Chicago guy, much more in the know than you (I assume) and he's only got positive things to say.

What bridge would any Chicagoan be hoping to mend/maintain by lying TO ME about how he felt about Jauron THE COACH. He dind't give me a "he's great, but" he didn't even hesitate when Jauron's name came up, his response was gushing.

No intention of insulting YOU, but what motivation would a Chicago guy WHO'S ACTUALLY IN THE KNOW have to salvage Jauron's reputation?

Does your Chicago source have the initials ML and was he once the former coach and future GM of the Buffalo Bills?

Was it last year or the year before that the rallying call from the Bills FO was that the team needed to get mentally tougher? That would clearly indicate a coaching problem. :rolleyes:

And I recall Trent remarking after the CLEVELAND game (because goodness knows they were a powerhouse last year...) something about not being ready to play and not being ready for their defense.

This team did piss-poorly against any team running a 3-4 defense. That has nothing to do with the talent and everything to do with DJ's shite coaching.

I'm not in the slightest bit ashamed of my support of Dick Jauron.

The reasons I support Dick (couldn't help the dick joke) were once again confirmed tonight.

Just one more person who's worked with Jauron and who has nothing but praises for him. My source is an informed guy. He considers Dick a friend from Dick's time here in Chicago. He knows him professionally. He's seen Jauron in the locker room. He referred to him as the one of the most "under rated coaches in the league."

I feel bad blowing up my source in light of recent events, if you're truly curious about his identity, you're welcomed to PM me and I'll give you all the details about my source, so long as he stays private.

I won't respond to your PM if I've never heard of you.

If "one of the most under rated coaches in the league" means 7 out of 8 losing seasons, then yes, he is underrated. This has been beaten past death, brought back to life and beaten again. He can have all the respect in the world but the fact remains he is NOT a good head coach and his record over 8 seasons and specifically, last season, prove it beyond any reasonable doubt.

He is NOT a good HC. Period.

Gosh, I ... I ... I ... I ... never realized it before until I saw it put so eloquently. How convincing and well-thought out! What evidence you've marshalled. I bow before the accumulated mass and momentum of your argument.

:rolleyes:

If "one of the most under rated coaches in the league" means 7 out of 8 losing seasons, then yes, he is underrated. This has been beaten past death, brought back to life and beaten again. He can have all the respect in the world but the fact remains he is NOT a good head coach and his record over 8 seasons and specifically, last season, prove it beyond any reasonable doubt.

He is NOT a good HC. Period.

Well, I'm giving him one more year. Can't convince me otherwise.

We'll all see how he handles his 2009 talent. What's great about my position, worst case scenario, you tell me "I told you so" while we all suffer the frustration of another losing season.

Best case scenario, all you nay sayers (98% of Bills fans) are finally satisfied with a guy whose character and good nature you've always taken for granted.

But I won't say I told you so because I won't want to spoil the sweet sweet taste of success!

We'll all see how he handles his 2009 talent. What's great about my position, worst case scenario, you tell me "I told you so" while we all suffer the frustration of another losing season.

Best case scenario, all you nay sayers (98% of Bills fans) are finally satisfied with a guy whose character and good nature you've always taken for granted.

But I won't say I told you so because I won't want to spoil the sweet sweet taste of success!

I'll ask again, is it Hub Arkush?

I just hope you don't mind being told you were WRONG...............................MUCH MORE LIKELY.

I just hope you don't mind being told you were WRONG...............................MUCH MORE LIKELY.

Having to admit I'm wrong about this will be easier to swallow than another losing season.

And since the more difficult scenario begets the other, eating crow should be painless.

No matter what people think about Jauron, this year *is* is his last chance to get it done. No more excuses. It's either playoffs or time to bring in a new HC. He knows it. His players know it. The front office knows it. The fans know it. If the players want to save his job, then they need to win games, end of story. Players need to step up and demand more of themselves and their teammates. They've got to have leaders step up.

No matter what people think about Jauron, this year *is* is his last chance to get it done. No more excuses. It's either playoffs or time to bring in a new HC. He knows it. His players know it. The front office knows it. The fans know it. If the players want to save his job, then they need to win games, end of story. Players need to step up and demand more of themselves and their teammates. They've got to have leaders step up.

The key factor of this year, and given Jauron's reputation, a likely occurrence.

And that's why he's a good coach.

Playing hard without as much talent will only get you so far. IIRC, when this discussion started last year, people said DJ was good because his guys played hard for him. They probably did, but average players with below average to average coaching produces mediocrity.

You could field a team of UDFA's who play hard, but they'll probably not win many games. It takes more than playing hard to win in the NFL. And that's where my issues with DJ begin: his teams, beginning with Chicago in 99, didn't draft well. I'm referring to 99 and 00 when he had personnel control before Jerry Angelo arrived.