Anyone listening to Mike and Mike this morning

ACor58

The guy is such a flaming Jets homer and a little B word to boot. We get it, you are a Jets fan. You are also on a national syndicated radio / tv show. Have a little diginity.

So what is he saying?

Greenberg also has a weird obsession with Chad Pennington. He's a sick little bastard.

Here are a few excerpts

"No one had a better draft than the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets"

"I could not be happier about Mark Sanchez"

"The Jets are awesome"

"I would like Mark to give me a Dirty Sanchez"

"Blah Blah Blah - No one else picked a single player, The Jets are amazing"

The guy is such a flaming Jets homer and a little B word to boot. We get it, you are a Jets fan. You are also on a national syndicated radio / tv show. Have a little diginity.

Yeah I can't listen to them Greeny is a Jets homer big time. They are typical espn guys if your not a big market franchise you get no pub.

Wow...some of you really are thin skinned. I don't listen/watch to Mike & Mike every day, but I happen to have a day off today...so far, Greenberg, Golic as well as all of their draft handicappers, have given the Bills very high marks for the draft. Sanchez and the Raiders apparent reach, were the biggest stories of the first day of the draft. Greenberg is a Jets fan...he is happy they got him. They have talked about plenty of other teams in the 2.5 hours I have been listening... I listened to the FOX draft re-cap show last night, and there was a lot of talk about the Jets and Raiders as well.

Honestly, I much prefer the sportscasters, particularly on talk radio, let their allegiances be known. I can't really trust the opinion of someone who makes a living analyzing sports, but has no allegiance to any team. If they say they are "not a fan of any particular team" they are most likely full of crap.

They would be talking about whatever team Sanchez went to - he's one of the most charismatic guys to come into the pro's in a while. It just happened to be be the Jets and Greeney is a homer - good for him. Also, how could you NOT talk about the pool of chaos that is the Raiders.

Good draft for us - actually addressing positions of need. GO BILLS!

"anyone else want to strangle Greenberg"

Why should today be any different than the other 250 days a year (give or take a few) that he's on the air?

:thumbsup:

It is in the interest of the NFL for Sanchez to do well. There is a large Hispanic market in New York that is waiting to be tapped. Also, the NYC market has been waiting for a high profile qb since Namath.

Sanchez might be good, but he reminds me far more of Pennington than Namath in terms of his skillset. This is fine because it is a far different game today. Jet Fans are usually burned out much like us. They too haven't really won much in quite some time and are an impatient bunch.

It will probably be sink or swim with Sanchez and not a lot in between.

Jmo.

It is in the interest of the NFL for Sanchez to do well. There is a large Hispanic market in New York that is waiting to be tapped. Also, the NYC market has been waiting for a high profile qb since Namath.

Sanchez might be good, but he reminds me far more of Pennington than Namath in terms of his skillset. This is fine because it is a far different game today. Jet Fans are usually burned out much like us. They too haven't really won much in quite some time and are an impatient bunch.

It will probably be sink or swim with Sanchez and not a lot in between.

Jmo.

IMO, USC offensive skills players don't translate well to the pros. They have a perfect situation in LA: perfect weather, perfect system, and surrounded by blue chippers. no one on their team can be doubled and it makes it easy for a QB. I also think they are very soft.

Sanchez, IMO, is gonna be a bust in NJ. Throwing in So Cal is a lot different than throwing in Jersey in December.

Translation -- don't expect a lot of holding calls on the Jets this year.

Spot on Bill.

IMO, USC offensive skills players don't translate well to the pros. They have a perfect situation in LA: perfect weather, perfect system, and surrounded by blue chippers. no one on their team can be doubled and it makes it easy for a QB. I also think they are very soft.

Sanchez, IMO, is gonna be a bust in NJ. Throwing in So Cal is a lot different than throwing in Jersey in December.

Thanks for an interesting post.

You left out the great coaching. :P You know, you make a great case that teams playing in the elements should be built in an different way than those who play in ideal weather. Where have I heard that? :thumbsup:

Note to Self: That's why it's called a radio 'show'...talk radio is the proverbial guy shouting fire in a theater.