2 Cs, 2 Gs, 2 LBs, 1 WR, 1 DE, 1 TE, 1 S, 3 CBs, 1 QB, 1 RB

Four O-linemen, 2 linebackers, one defensive lineman, one TE, one WR, one QB, and one RB. Plus a safety and 3 CBs (Florence and a couple of late round CBs who I suspect are projected as special teamers). That's what the Bills have acquired since the end of the season. Lots of o-line, not so much d-line. They had a lot of d-line already (Stroud, Johnson, Williams, Denney, Ellis, Kelsay, Schoebel, and Jason Jefferson), and the addition of Maybin gives them 9.

Four O-linemen, 2 linebackers, one defensive lineman, one TE, one WR, one QB, and one WR. Plus a safety and 3 CBs (Florence and a couple of late round CBs who I suspect are projected as special teamers). That's what the Bills have acquired since the end of the season. Lots of o-line, not so much d-line. They had a lot of d-line already (Stroud, Johnson, Williams, Denney, Ellis, Kelsay, Schoebel, and Jason Jefferson), and the addition of Maybin gives them 9. T

\

The guys on ESPN seem to think the Bills did very well in the draft.

You forgot an RB but said WR twice.

I also thought we REALLY needed a serious OT, DT and LB. But we probably had too many holes to fill in one year.

The new projected starters are Hangartner (upgrade), Owens (upgrade), Nelson (probable upgrade), Wood (upgrade) and Levitre (downgrade, since he is actually replacing Peters). Maybin will be half a starter but that is an upgrade. Byrd could be a new starter, too.

Leodis was already starting for Greer and i think will be better this year on the way to being a star.

Getting back Schobel will likely help, and maybe help a lot. It's almost like getting a new starter.

Also, Reed and Parrish at #2 and #3 are very mediocre at best. But Reed and Parrish at #3 and #4 opposite TO and Evans could be very valuable (especially with Hardy and Johnson in the mix at #3 and #4)

We didn't address the starter needed at DT for Williams or LB for Ellison (or FB but that doesn't count).

We got tougher and nastier, which is good. We also got a little better attitude overall.

A trade for an OT or DT would make this a very good off season. Right now it's pretty damn good overall, especially because of TO. If the new revamped OL meshes earlier than it should, that will be a huge help.

I also thought we REALLY needed a serious OT, DT and LB. But we probably had too many holes to fill in one year.

The new projected starters are Hangartner (upgrade), Owens (upgrade), Nelson (probable upgrade), Wood (upgrade) and Levitre (downgrade, since he is actually replacing Peters). Maybin will be half a starter but that is an upgrade. Byrd could be a new starter, too.

Leodis was already starting for Greer and i think will be better this year on the way to being a star.

Getting back Schobel will likely help, and maybe help a lot. It's almost like getting a new starter.

Also, Reed and Parrish at #2 and #3 are very mediocre at best. But Reed and Parrish at #3 and #4 opposite TO and Evans could be very valuable (especially with Hardy and Johnson in the mix at #3 and #4)

We didn't address the starter needed at DT for Williams or LB for Ellison (or FB but that doesn't count).

We got tougher and nastier, which is good. We also got a little better attitude overall.

A trade for an OT or DT would make this a very good off season. Right now it's pretty damn good overall, especially because of TO. If the new revamped OL meshes earlier than it should, that will be a huge help.

We did address Ellison...thats what we drafted N. Harris for...

I think he has some potential but he is not penciled in as a starter. The more i see of him I like but I wouldnt call that addressing Ellison.

I think/hope they pick up a FA OLB. This is the one need area that really wasn't addressed properly, IMO.

I don't think they get another OT, but an experienced vet would be a nice addition. Despite the giant hole left by the Peters trade, I think the OL has the potential to be better this year, due to the strengthening of the interior.

Similarly, I don't expect a DT addition, but would love one. I still expect improvement from the D-line this season, even if they stand pat with what they have now.

I think he has some potential but he is not penciled in as a starter. The more i see of him I like but I wouldnt call that addressing Ellison.

Granted he is no lock, but thats what he was drafted for, to play LB...so I wasnt saying he will be the guy for sure (although I do think he will at some point), just meant they felt he was the best LB prospect available when they took him, and I agree...

After viewing the press conference today, coach said that Butler has played some right tackle . So with that, I think our O line is going to look like this:

LT:WALKER LG: WOOD C:HANGARTNER RG: LEVITIRE RT: BUTLER.

I think its funny hearing the "experts' say we had a bad/poor draft because we did not get a tackle. Like we forgot about it or something. This one is good also : "why a corner ? " Jairus Bryd will play safety. Or the Bills didnt draft a tackle, um Levitire was a starting left tackle for the Ducks. He just projects to play guard by the so called experts . Coach said he could play there and wouldn't rule it out .

A new offensive line is hard to assemble in one year. This is not a playoff team.

Your upgrades are wishful thinking. They may turn out to be correct, but right now all you have is a gigantic question mark.

Even the elite offensive lineman draftees have difficulties the first year or two and the Bills selected non-elite players.

It is a huge leap of faith to assume the OL will be better than last year. As such, the growing pains will likely lead to a quick dose of reality when the regular season starts.

A new offensive line is hard to assemble in one year. This is not a playoff team.

Your upgrades are wishful thinking. They may turn out to be correct, but right now all you have is a gigantic question mark.

Even the elite offensive lineman draftees have difficulties the first year or two and the Bills selected non-elite players.

It is a huge leap of faith to assume the OL will be better than last year. As such, the growing pains will likely lead to a quick dose of reality when the regular season starts.

non-elite players? define that. i'd say top 2 at your position is elite. wood and levitre were exactly that - centers and guards don't go early round 1, tackles do.

it sounds like you're a miserable !@#$ and want everyone to be as miserable as you. you jump from "it's hard to assemble on o-line in 1 year" to "this is not a playoff team" all in one thought. i bet you're awesome to watch the game with.

Four O-linemen, 2 linebackers, one defensive lineman, one TE, one WR, one QB, and one WR. Plus a safety and 3 CBs (Florence and a couple of late round CBs who I suspect are projected as special teamers). That's what the Bills have acquired since the end of the season. Lots of o-line, not so much d-line. They had a lot of d-line already (Stroud, Johnson, Williams, Denney, Ellis, Kelsay, Schoebel, and Jason Jefferson), and the addition of Maybin gives them 9. T

Jefferson played with Atlanta in 2008. :thumbsup:

Yep, it was late. Fixed.

Good analysis. Especially about Reed, Parrish. The next big thing is our coordinators. Does Schonert still call for shotgun/empty backfield on 2nd/3rd and short or actually make the defense play both the run and pass. Does Fewell try something different besides rushing the same 4 guys every down and keep our secondary in soft zone coverage?

We have zero idea of how good this new line is. If the projections are correct, we are having five new players counting their position changes. They may or may not become a good unit. They may take the entire season to gel, never gel at all, or do it surprisingly quickly. The rookies may take a long time to get the feel of the NFL and maybe relatively quickly. The talent at WR and RB may offset the newness of the line. We just don't know but it's a huge question mark and could very well ruin the season. But, for example, Wood seems very smart, and he's a guy I could see playing well right away.

After viewing the press conference today, coach said that Butler has played some right tackle . So with that, I think our O line is going to look like this:

LT:WALKER LG: WOOD C:HANGARTNER RG: LEVITIRE RT: BUTLER.

I think its funny hearing the "experts' say we had a bad/poor draft because we did not get a tackle. Like we forgot about it or something. This one is good also : "why a corner ? " Jairus Bryd will play safety. Or the Bills didnt draft a tackle, um Levitire was a starting left tackle for the Ducks. He just projects to play guard by the so called experts . Coach said he could play there and wouldn't rule it out .

Walker is a right tackle playing left tackle.

Wood is a rookie center playing guard.

Hangartner is a center playing center.

Levitire is a rookie tackle playing guard.

Butler is a guard playing tackle.

Sounds like a pig and a poke.