WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY DOING?

H2o

Why didn't we draft more DB's? We are stocked at OL and LB. Didn't have needs there. I guess with the switch to the 1-1-9 defense it was imperative to load up on DB's. I suppose if they get an OLB and an OL or two after the draft it won't be so bad. Alot of people like this draft. I don't at all. Maybe in two or three years it will look better but I don't see much help there for 2009.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

DBs. It's clear Ralph Wilson prefers drafting the smaller kids that he can physically intimidate into signing.

:lol::wallbash:

That's a beauty to it though. None of the cornerbacks drafted are actually cornerbacks and the safety isn't a safety! Clear? ;)

Hey, you will respect his opinion. Or else you're an idiot.

While I acknowledge that the CBs at the end was weird to say the least....Objectively:

We do play in the same division with Randy Moss, Wes Welker, the wildcat, etc. All of the teams in our division are now clearly "pass first"/wildcat teams, or soon will be. We need people to cover WRs the first 3-4 seconds, you do that with speed and size, and both are un-coachable. It doesn't matter if you get a pass rush or not if a WR is open 2 seconds into the play. If we don't cover the 7 yard slant play, NE will kill us again with it. Same thing if we don't cover Welker, etc. on crossing routs.

You can blow that "Rex Ryan wants a run first team" argument right our your ass, because they don't have a "run first" team right now in terms of personnel. Sorry but the RB they drafted does not scare me, and you don't trade up to draft a #5 QB so he can be Trent "hand the ball off/throw 10 times a game in Baltimore" Dilfer.

And we are talking about late round picks = almost certain to be cut/play special teams. Btw, good teams put their 6-7 round picks on the practice squad. They don't look for them to start.

We got 4 starters yesterday, and likely 2 more today. I'll take my 5-6 starters and who cares about the rest?

If we got 2 starters on day two of the draft, then this team is !@#$ing doomed

So you hate the Nelson pick? I don't. We haven't had a real stretch the field(excluding Robert "I cant' get me feet, hands, and head to go in the same direction" Royal)TE since Power Pete. Fine is a fine blocker for 3rd and short, etc. I have said it for YEARS our young QB NEEDS a real TE threat to take away blitzing LBs/Safeties, and the running game benefits for the same reason. If Nelson can come in and start, that makes 5 potential starters. We have 2 good LBs. If Harris can play the weak side, now we have 6 starters that are all an obvious upgrade at their position.

Hardly doomed.

Can't have it both ways gentlemen. We are all proud of our STs and these DBs are big contributors. If Roscoe is going to be traded, how many of you want to see McKelvin be the full time returner?

you do realize that the team only has 2 gunners that are DBs or WRs

the bulk of the wedge busters and blockers are bigger guys - like DL, OL and LBs

but I guess since Bills LBs and DL are the same size as DBs - it all gets confusing