Who's next?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is available, more or less. I think Pettigrew is the only one that's been taken, besides some guy named Richard Quinn (who I've never heard of). McShay seems to think there's going to be a run on them sooner, rather than later, though, and I think we don't pick again until #121.

This late in the draft, you pick the best player.

A 5th round TE is not going to have any impact unless he's a special teams player.

Normally, I would agree, but the Bills don't really have anything at TE at the moment. I can see some of these guys coming in and making a strong push at starting over Derek Fine.

Everyone is available, more or less. I think Pettigrew is the only one that's been taken, besides some guy named Richard Quinn (who I've never heard of). McShay seems to think there's going to be a run on them sooner, rather than later, though, and I think we don't pick again until #121.

Quinn was select By denver ,last pick in the second round..

Normally, I would agree, but the Bills don't really have anything at TE at the moment. I can see some of these guys coming in and making a strong push at starting over Derek Fine.

Most teams have sh-- at TE. We're just another one. Any pick today at TE is not going to be that good. Pick the best player available.

I'd LOVE to snag Ingram...Sure He's a Project but with that type of athletic ability, if you can get him with a 4th Round Pick, why not?

Because Ingram has serious, serious medical red flags. I'll take my chances with Coffman that we can teach him to block. He had almost 1000 yards receiving last season. And I'm glad Cook is gone. Good luck with him, Jeff Fisher.

Most teams have sh-- at TE. We're just another one. Any pick today at TE is not going to be that good. Pick the best player available.

That kind of logic tells me you'd take a quarterback if he was the "best overall available" even if we had Peyton Manning and Jay Cutler on our roster.

I say this late in the draft, you go with best overall player for your most needed position. There's still more value in a 4th round TE than a 6th round LB.

I'd love to see Coffman at 121. He's got great size. Great intensity, tough baller.

Scouting Report

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2009ccoffman.php

I'd LOVE to snag Ingram...Sure He's a Project but with that type of athletic ability, if you can get him with a 4th Round Pick, why not?

amen. Thats what day 2 is for. Ingram would be a great pick if he is there at 121!

I wouldn't lock in at the TE position, don't get me wrong. Still, I think the Bills might be able to find an immediate starter at the position at 121, which is a reflection both of the players available, and of what the Bills have on their roster.

And lets not forget, a TE may well be the best player available.