• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QB-Edwards, Fitz

RB-Lynch, Jackson, Rhodes

OL - Walker, Wood, Hang, Butler, Chambers, Depth - Levitre, Bell

WR - TO, Lee, Reed, Parrish, johnson/

TE- Fine, Schouman

DL - Schobel, Stroud, Williams, Kelsay Depth - Maybin, Johnson, Denney

LB - Ellison/Maybin?, Poz, Mitch Depth- DiGi, Bowen?

CB - Mcgee, McKelvin, Corner, Youb, Florence, Byrd?

S - Whitner, Scott, Depth - Byrd? Wilson, Simpson

HC - Jauron

Are we a Playoff team on paper??

!@#$ not yet!

QB-Edwards, Fitz

TE- Fine, Schouman

HC - Jauron

HELL! NO! ARE YOU KIDDING! THE BILLS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS WITH THESE STUMBLE BUMS

In the AFC East? Not yet. They need to prove something on the field for an entire season, not just the first 5 or 6 weeks like last year. We weren't the only team to add players in one of the NFL's toughest divisions, in which we were the only team with a losing record. Looking good on paper doesn't get you very far.

QB-Edwards, Fitz

TE- Fine, Schouman

HC - Jauron

[/quote]

Play off team- NO Potential Play off team Yes!.

First you look at it byu division East= Pats Northl =Pittsburgh South = Colts West = San diego

The remaining two wild card teams are considered Potential playoff teams. You can say waht you want but dont be to oblivious to the Fact its The patriots Division We have only won 1 game in the last decade against them until that changes its theirs.

That leaves us in comp for two spots with Baltimore, Denver, Miami, Titans, and dare i Say it but I believe KC is going to be in the mix next season as well.

We had our chance for the divison last season with a softer schedule stronger start and a Bradyless Patriots So it boils down to can we atleast be second best over the other 5 teams vying for two spots?

We WILL be a playoff team if Trent can grow from his terrible second half last year and be a stable and consistent QB. We have lots of playmakers now, so as long as Trent can score more TD's than Turnovers this year (last year he had only 11TDs and 15 turnovers) and manage the game we will be a playoff team. We have enough weapons on this team that Trent will not have to carry us, he just has to be solid or better much like Ryan last year.

If Trent can have a season similar to this: 3400+ yards, 22-26 TD's with 12 or less turnovers then I think we will be a playoff team.

In a QB driven league, the answer lies with Trent Edwards' maturation and the need for a pass rush! Could these factors all sync in one year? Sure, Miami isn't a great team, however, they rode a QB who didn't turn the ball over (until the playoffs!) and Joey Porter to a division title. Do I think they're better than the Bills? HARDLY! Injuries aside, the Bills can make a run if the tumblers all align, so let's be somewhat optimistic about our chances! Ideally, T.O. behaves himself and plays "lights out", Maybin, even situationally, provides a pass rush boost and the O-line gels between now and the 3rd preseason game. Is it realistic? Sure, but Dick Jauron and company are really " on the hook" because arguably the front office got him the tools to succeed. Go BILLS!!!

QB-Edwards, Fitz

TE- Fine, Schouman

HC - Jauron

That HC thing REALLY worries me.

I'm not as worried about a 3rd year QB as I am about a HC entering his ninth season as a NFL HC with a career winning percentage of .429.

Buffalo has the offensive weapons to score some points. But there's a 2nd year OC who refers to Bill Walsh when anyone doubts him.

Before the Bills can make any progress toward a playoff appearance, their HC and OC need to figure out how to make a gameplan and, if necessary, make in-game adjustments. They failed miserably in that task last season.

We WILL be a playoff team if Trent can grow from his terrible second half last year and be a stable and consistent QB. We have lots of playmakers now, so as long as Trent can score more TD's than Turnovers this year (last year he had only 11TDs and 15 turnovers) and manage the game we will be a playoff team. We have enough weapons on this team that Trent will not have to carry us, he just has to be solid or better much like Ryan last year.

If Trent can have a season similar to this: 3400+ yards, 22-26 TD's with 12 or less turnovers then I think we will be a playoff team.

Still wishing we had acquired Cutler aren't you Alpha?

The O-line is the main thing that worries me. All 5 playing new positions and starting two rookies, plus no natural left tackle. If the line plays better than expected, especially early on, this team has a chance. Longer term, other than TO and McGee, I don't think we lose anybody in 2010 and the only "age" concern at that point among probable starters is Schobel, so if we this draft turns out as good as we expect, we get our usual 1-2 quality FA's next year and have a solid 2010 draft, I think this team will be set to make a good run at anyone in the League at that point.....

I'm not as worried about a 3rd year QB as I am about a HC entering his ninth season as a NFL HC with a career winning percentage of .429.

Buffalo has the offensive weapons to score some points. But there's a 2nd year OC who refers to Bill Walsh when anyone doubts him.

Before the Bills can make any progress toward a playoff appearance, their HC and OC need to figure out how to make a gameplan and, if necessary, make in-game adjustments. They failed miserably in that task last season.

Thank you and Amen.

I think the potential this team has player-wise is seriously hampered by all 3 coaches (DJ, Fewell & Snert). While it is possible they get their collective feces together this year, I will be surprised.

Happy, but surprised nonetheless.

considering that we will only have 3 returning starters from the same position in offense, I think it is quite unlikely. Not one starting O-Lineman will be in the same spot as the previous year, two new rookies at the gaurd position to go up against these monsters in the AFC East,couple that with a new TE who isn't a polished blocker as of yet, I think it will be very difficult for us to do so.

We will have to have unbelieveable blocking from our very green O-line, the defense will have to be healthy, the coaching staff is going to have to gameplan better and Trent is going to have to play at a probowl level if we have a shot at making the playoffs. Without all 4 of these, I don't see it happening.