Russ Brandon -This could b bad news

Said Bills G.M. Russ Brandon, “Anytime you try to pigeonhole certain areas, that’s where you have a tendency to get in trouble. Were going to be true to our board. Were going to do the best job we can do to add quality football players to our team.”-PFT

Sounds like we should b ready for a Donte Whitner type pick at #11. I say this because history shows our board seems to be far different from the other 31 teams. Just to throw a name out there-Larry English.

That's good news, IMO. I'd like to see the Bills be able to fill a few holes, but at the same time, I absolutely do not want to see them reach for need. That's how Donte Whitner goes from being a concensus late 1st round pick to 8th overall.

Said Bills G.M. Russ Brandon, “Anytime you try to pigeonhole certain areas, that’s where you have a tendency to get in trouble. Were going to be true to our board. Were going to do the best job we can do to add quality football players to our team.”-PFT

Sounds like we should b ready for a Donte Whitner type pick at #11. I say this because history shows our board seems to be far different from the other 31 teams. Just to throw a name out there-Larry English.

if we draft a safety or corner in the 1st round then i'm suggesting a permanent relocation to canada.

he also just told espn that they are comfortable where they are and will be drafting at 11

Well, if he's being honest about that, then it sounds like they've zeroed in on someone that they know will be available. That would seem to suggest that Pettigrew is most likely their pick.

Of course, again, that's assuming he's being honest...a dubious assumption at best on the morning of the draft.

Guest dog14787

Brandon Pettigrew can do more for our team then any other player in the draft. He helps the pass protection, he helps the run game and he gives Trent Edwards a much needed security blanket.

I don't care how much we build up our Defense ( and I'm all for it, especially over the O-line ) but we will not beat Tom Brady and the New England Patriots without scoring points, its as simple as that.

Well, if he's being honest about that, then it sounds like they've zeroed in on someone that they know will be available. That would seem to suggest that Pettigrew is most likely their pick.

Of course, again, that's assuming he's being honest...a dubious assumption at best on the morning of the draft.

how does that suggest that the pick will be Petigrew?...that pick could be anybody not listed on every mock drafts top 10...it could be Cushing or maybe Brown..could be alex mack or even someone we think will go round 2 like loadholt or Cook...just because you'd like to see it be Petigrew doesnt mean it will be...but who knows, maybe I'm wrong and it is.

how does that suggest that the pick will be Petigrew?...that pick could be anybody not listed on every mock drafts top 10...it could be Cushing or maybe Brown..could be alex mack or even someone we think will go round 2 like loadholt or Cook...just because you'd like to see it be Petigrew doesnt mean it will be...but who knows, maybe I'm wrong and it is.

Cushing also came to mind, but I think Pettigrew is much more likely simply because he does not have the injury concerns that Cushing does . Plus, he's a far better blocker than the remaining TEs in this draft, a skill which the Bills seem to covet at the position.

As for me wanting the pick to be Pettigrew, guess again. I like him, but he's not my first, or second, or perhaps third choice for that pick.

I don't get it. The Bills' FO and scouts have spent countless hours going over every player they can to try and determine who they think are the best players, as well as who they think will best fit into our team and schemes. They prioritize these picks and make their board. Now, a day before the draft, you get upset that they're going to draft according to that board?

Would we prefer that they just call ESPN and ask Kiper who they should pick when their time comes up? Do you think there's a GM/FO guy in the league that wouldn't say pretty much the same thing as that quote?

Now, granted, maybe their board is wrong. Maybe they suck ass at evaluating talent. Maybe they take a CB because they really do think that's our biggest need. Maybe they should all be fired because they're incompetent. But, that's a completely different issue. Regardless, if Brandon came out today and said something along the lines of we really liked a few guys but lately Mayock is making a convincing case for this other guy... so we'll see. Well then I'd really be worried.

your write! the last thing you want a team to do is spend months evaluating players and then stick with that evaluation. i would rather they read TBD and choose whoever Steely recommends.

This isn't saying anything.

The Pettigrew fans hear "we're taking Pettigrew." The Mack fans hear "we're taking Mack."

What Brandon said is the biggest old cliche in the world about drafting. It's right up there with players saying "I give 110%," there is no information content there.