Skins sign OT Williams

nemhoff

Not a surprise, if he's been hanging out with Dockery.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsi...e-williams.html

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/200...-mike-back.html

The Redskins have signed former Bill Mike Williams to a one-year contract, the Washington Post reports. Williams, 29, has been out of football for three years. He spent 2006 on the injured reserve for the Jacksonville Jaguars after being cut by the Bills that spring. Williams, the former Texas Longhorn, has been working to get himself back into shape. I'm hearing he weighed 410 for the 'Skins when he took their physical. Maybe the Football Gods have timed this signing as an omen on Draft Eve directed at One Bills Drive that the Bills should not draft Texas defensive end Brian Orakpo should he still be available at the 11th overall pick.

---Mark Gaughan

Longhorn fans probably won't be amused, but nice take by Gaughan.

Wow...somehow I wouldn't be optimistic if I were a Skins fans...

Certainly nothing to get excited about, but I'm sure he's getting the minimum and has 5 months to get in shape if he's really motivated. If he does well, it's a great deal. If not, he's cut in training camp.

Certainly nothing to get excited about, but I'm sure he's getting the minimum and has 5 months to get in shape if he's really motivated. If he does well, it's a great deal. If not, he's cut in training camp.

The Bills have been addressing their offensive line problems, for years, with guys exactly like Mike Williams, you know, highly totued players, who have under performed, spent most of their time on IR, for another team...if Mike Williams, or Jonas Jennings for that matter, hadn't already been in Buffalo, you can bet the Bills would be interested...

Got a friend who's a Longhorn fan. I still give him sh*t about Mike Williams.

He's also from Houston, so I give him even more sh*t about a certain AFC Wild Card game :thumbsup:

I think there was, mayb, at one time, something to the "Longhors are soft" thing, but, they have done much better, in recent years, particularly with defensive players. Winning a championship changed something...

The Bills have been addressing their offensive line problems, for years, with guys exactly like Mike Williams, you know, highly totued players, who have under performed, spent most of their time on IR, for another team...if Mike Williams, or Jonas Jennings for that matter, hadn't already been in Buffalo, you can bet the Bills would be interested...

I think there's a difference between relying on these guys to fill holes, and hoping you find a gem while at the same time filling those holes other ways.

If the skins are desperate for Oline help and avoid bringing anyone else in or drafting someone just because they signed MW, then it's a stupid move. But if they're just saying WTH, we'll see what happens, then no harm done.

I think there was, mayb, at one time, something to the "Longhors are soft" thing, but, they have done much better, in recent years, particularly with defensive players. Winning a championship changed something...

worked wonders for vince young...

Not a surprise, if he's been hanging out with Dockery.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsi...e-williams.html

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/200...-mike-back.html

Longhorn fans probably won't be amused, but nice take by Gaughan.

Great catch, Lori. Nice one by Mark G. Have you noticed that in their chats, Gaughan and Wilson show that they're pretty knowledgeable about things?!?

The funny part is that he said he's lost 20 lbs.

Lost, or merely misplaced temporarily?

Great catch, Lori. Nice one by Mark G. Have you noticed that in their chats, Gaughan and Wilson show that they're pretty knowledgeable about things?!?

Never doubted that. I like Allen well enough, and I think he played college ball, which puts him ahead of most here ... but Mark really knows his stuff, IMO. Getting RCW into the Hall shows how quickly he earned the respect of his peers after taking over Buffalo's vote from Felser. He'll also be the next president of PFWA, which isn't exactly a job that gets handed to a hack, you know?