Pettigrew is our first pick...

SKOOBY

Hopefully if he's the guy they're targeting, someone offers a trade down a couple of spots, and they select him later, with an extra pick in tow.

So we trade down and get an extra 6th rounder but risk losing our guy. No thanks. No games, just take the guy you want and be happy.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not even talking about trading down into the 20's

THis is of course provided we can find a trade down parter......but depending on how far we trade down a 3rd rounder is pretty much the standard for a small trade down

And of course if a 6th is all you are offered then you just stand at 11 and take BP.........

I agree.... I would just like to note that as I was driving home from work I started thinking about how pettigrew is the perfect pick for the bills at this point. They've struggled to get a solid tight end and are in need of some serious blocking help on the line. Pettigrew is the perfect pick and I think he's definitely going to have a solid career.... and if he doesn't work out we can always convert him to a pro bowl left tackle. after all... we managed to do it with that other bum!

I agree.... I would just like to note that as I was driving home from work I started thinking about how pettigrew is the perfect pick for the bills at this point. They've struggled to get a solid tight end and are in need of some serious blocking help on the line. Pettigrew is the perfect pick and I think he's definitely going to have a solid career.... and if he doesn't work out we can always convert him to a pro bowl left tackle. after all... we managed to do it with that other bum!

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I would like to see another TE on this roster in the mold of Metzellars, if Pettigrew

can fill those shoes make him the first pick.

But, I can't help wondering if the lack of talk about Sheffler is the fact the Bills have

a draft day trade in place after the first round for him. That way they can target

another player while other NFL teams are sold on us going for Pettigrew. Just a thought.

Pettigrou has been my guy for a while......I was just wanting to get him in a trade down.......

I would go Mack with the 28th......I think a LB can be found in the second round.

He's been my guy too. If Andre Smith is there and (of course) Pettigrew - would that change your mind?

I still wouldn't. I would take Pett at 11 and then wait until 28. Ayers could fall, Brown could fall. Britton should be there. Oher won't . Beatty should. English should be there Johnson too. Lots of decent options.

The Ayers thing has me intrigued. Some have him going as high as 10, others as low as 28.

I like Pettigrew a lot, even at #11. I just like Andre Smith more, and I think LT is by far our biggest need.

It is, but the Bills addressing it is quite another issue. Based on that alone, I wouldn't be too upset over this pick which by the way I seriously doubt will happen.

Have you heard the words "big target" come up this year? You know why you haven't?? The cards are being held close to the vest because Pettigrew is a 6'6" 257 lbs beast. They love big targets last year and it makes no sense to trade one expensive OT for another.

Pettigrew is our pick at #11, book it.

It would seem to make sense which is one of several reasons why I think they won't take him. We have needed a TE for years and they haven't spent anything besides late round fliers to find one. I have to conclude that TE simply isn't a major component of this offense. It certainly seems that way on the field. So my guess is that they aren't going to spend a lot on a TE, not when we have close to the worst pass rush in the league. How many teams have ever made the playoffs without the ability to pressure the passer? I can't think of one, can you? Now, how many teams have been there with an average TE? Lots. So I think that if this team doesn't find a top pass rushing prospect in this draft, most likely with that pick, they will have blown the draft, again.

I vote "NO" on Pettigrew.

Pettigrou has been my guy for a while......I was just wanting to get him in a trade down.......

I would go Mack with the 28th......I think a LB can be found in the second round.

...and what would you do to improve one of the worst pass rushes in the NFL? I love TE's but unfortunately, we have more pressing needs. You simply don't make the playoffs with a pass rush that is that bad.

Have you heard the words "big target" come up this year? You know why you haven't?? The cards are being held close to the vest because Pettigrew is a 6'6" 257 lbs beast. They love big targets last year and it makes no sense to trade one expensive OT for another.

Pettigrew is our pick at #11, book it.

I agree. Since only the fans have talked about Pettigrew and the Bills FO seems to be showing no interest that also makes my suspicions turn toward him. If they do draft him I'll be very happy with that pick.

You been hittin the "Scooby Snacks" again, huh? :beer:

BTW, OT but have you ever noticed that Shaggy and Scoob are always in the back of the van, they're paranoid, have to have things explained to them and they're hungry all the time. :thumbsup: Just sayin.

Is this inside info Skoob, or just your opinion? Just so the record is straight on saturday to determine whether I give you credit or not.

Well we do know what kind of car he drives. :beer:

I am not even talking about trading down into the 20's

THis is of course provided we can find a trade down parter......but depending on how far we trade down a 3rd rounder is pretty much the standard for a small trade down

And of course if a 6th is all you are offered then you just stand at 11 and take BP.........

I know, I know it's the draft chart but the 11th pick, according to the draft chart, is worth 1250. The very last pick in the third round is 116 so if my math is correct the Bills would have to drop from the 11th pick to the 15th in order to get the very last pick in the third round. If they want the first pick in the third round, worth 265, they would have to drop back to 16th.

Please check my math I'm on a drug for my stroke that makes me very loopy sort of like being stoned.

...and what would you do to improve one of the worst pass rushes in the NFL? I love TE's but unfortunately, we have more pressing needs. You simply don't make the playoffs with a pass rush that is that bad.

I respectfully disagree - pass rush is indeed one of the Bills weaknesses but so is the offensive line and so is the TE spot. I see them all as being "needs". In this draft, which appears to be "not exceptional" but loaded with many "decent" prospects, I see TE as the one "need" position that has only 1 "great" prospect: Pettigrew at TE. That is why I would select him then target DE and OT at picks 28 and 42. I see a decent prospect there at pick 28. At 42, same thing but obviously a "projected" lower prospect.

The OT weakness, IMO, was there when we had Peters - he would probably have been preparing to hold out until week 10 or the Bills would have given in and paid him 10-11 mil per year. THEN - I would STILL not be sure how well he would play.

Pettigrew can block and take dump passes - Lynch has been IMO a big disappointment in the passing game - he simplyh drops too many passes. Pettigrew solves that problem and can stay in for every down.

I hear you on the pass rush but the Bills need to score. Our defense was not the reason we lost last year. We lost because we couldn;t score. Of course, if we sc ore more this year, our defense may "compensate" :thumbsup:

have you guys forgot about the giant lack of talent and youth at DE? That would be stupid, he may even still be there with our 28th, we need a DE, no question.

NO we haven't forgotten but Pettigrew will not be there at 28. I sure hope tomorrow you will be arguing that he would have been and we should have waited as opposed to saying, whoops! didn't see him going to the Jets at 17 or Eagles at 21 or Patriots at 23.

A decent upgrade to the DE will be there at 28. This draft has many many 1st round DE choices. There is only one great TE