Draft Tek's Latest Simulation...

LINK

1 (11) Everette Brown DE, Florida State

IMO, he will become the most complete DE in the '09 class. Immediate impact off the edge next season, though.

1 (28) Brandon Pettigrew TE, Oklahoma State

We get the franchise tight end we want and have needed for a decade +.

2 (42) Max Unger C, Oregon

My favorite center of the class. Nasty, smart, and is a great athlete.

3 (75) Tyrone McKenzie OLB, South Florida

An intriguing OLB prospect with good size that no one talks about. Set the Bulls single-season tackle record in '07.

4 (110) Ricky Jean-Francois DT, LSU

Probably my favorite pick of this mock because of the potential value. If he gets his head on straight, this is a big time steal in the 4th round.

4 (121) Xavier Fulton OT, Illinois

Good move to get depth behind Chambers and Bell if neither of them end up being able to fill the RT role.

5 (147) Courtney Greene SS, Rutgers

LOVE this pick as well. Good size, speed, and character. First team All-Big East last year. Could develop into a game-changer if he sures up his tackling a bit and continues to improve his ball skills.

6 (183) Cecil Newton C, Tennessee State

I must admit I don't know much about this guy or the choice here. Especially considering they had us taking Unger in the second round. Bit of a head scratcher.

7 (220) Nick Reed ILB, Oregon

First team All-American with 13 sacks last season in the final round of the draft? Sounds good to me.

Love the Ricky Jean-Francois pick in round four as well. If he gets his head on, then you would have potentially two Dlineman that stand to be very good. Ricky was the defensive MVP of the Natl Championship Game a couple years ago. He can be a game changer, if he gets his head on straight and plays motivated. Would love him working next to Stroud, and haveing Stroud mentor him.

Like the first four rounds as well. We can hope it turns out this way.

This simlulation is stimulating but not likely, IMO. Both Brown and Pettigrew appear to be the best at their position, so getting both in 28 picks seems remote. Pick our poison there. As for Mack, I HOPE he's still there with our Rd.2 and 42nd overall.

I'd love to believe this as it would seem a dream come true. Therefore, my 'Buffalo Doomshield' is in full lockdown.

LINK

1 (11) Everette Brown DE, Florida State

IMO, he will become the most complete DE in the '09 class. Immediate impact off the edge next season, though.

1 (28) Brandon Pettigrew TE, Oklahoma State

We get the franchise tight end we want and have needed for a decade +.

2 (42) Max Unger C, Oregon

My favorite center of the class. Nasty, smart, and is a great athlete.

3 (75) Tyrone McKenzie OLB, South Florida

An intriguing OLB prospect with good size that no one talks about. Set the Bulls single-season tackle record in '07.

4 (110) Ricky Jean-Francois DT, LSU

Probably my favorite pick of this mock because of the potential value. If he gets his head on straight, this is a big time steal in the 4th round.

4 (121) Xavier Fulton OT, Illinois

Good move to get depth behind Chambers and Bell if neither of them end up being able to fill the RT role.

5 (147) Courtney Greene SS, Rutgers

LOVE this pick as well. Good size, speed, and character. First team All-Big East last year. Could develop into a game-changer if he sures up his tackling a bit and continues to improve his ball skills.

6 (183) Cecil Newton C, Tennessee State

I must admit I don't know much about this guy or the choice here. Especially considering they had us taking Unger in the second round. Bit of a head scratcher.

7 (220) Nick Reed ILB, Oregon

First team All-American with 13 sacks last season in the final round of the draft? Sounds good to me.

1) I would prefer Orakpo to Brown, far and away. Orakpo is faster, bigger, and played against tougher competition.

2) There is zero chance of Pettigrew falling to #28, so don't get your hopes up.

3) No idea who that OLB is, but there should still be decent OT's there for pickup.

No cornerbacks? Never happen. :thumbsup:

Exactly.

Also, the Bills have only taken 3 O-linemen in rounds 1 - 4 in the past ten (10) years, if draft

history means anything. That would be a nice draft 1 -4 anyhow.

If we want Pettigrew we have to take him with our first pick.

I'm a big Everette Brown fan, but the latest word is (can be b.s.) is that 3-4 teams don't think he will be able to transition to linebacker in the 3-4. Thus, the slew of teams that have transitioned to 3-4 defenses will probably not take him.

His best fit is as a 4-3 end for teams running the Tampa Bay D or a variation of it. That leaves very few teams. (Bears, Colts(a variation) anyone else?

Thus, I think Brown has a better chance of being there at 28 than Pettigrew does.