Steelers fans think they can get Roscoe for a 5th-7th

ans4e64

I don't want to burst everyone's bubble for ragging on the front office if/when they trade Roscoe, but I looked at what the Steelers fans thought was fair compensation on their boards and the consensus was nothing more than a 5th rounder for the guy.

They say he is just a punt returner and will only play a few snaps a game, so to give up a 4th or anything more is too much. Most here think Parrish will bring back a 3rd.

Just wanted to let you know, in case you have an ulcer when we trade him for a 5th. Bills fans aren't the most realistic when it comes to our players. Neither are other teams fans I'm sure, just wanted to let you know what was out there.

I don't want to burst everyone's bubble for ragging on the front office if/when they trade Roscoe, but I looked at what the Steelers fans thought was fair compensation on their boards and the consensus was nothing more than a 5th rounder for the guy.

They say he is just a punt returner and will only play a few snaps a game, so to give up a 4th or anything more is too much. Most here think Parrish will bring back a 3rd.

Just wanted to let you know, in case you have an ulcer when we trade him for a 5th. Bills fans aren't the most realistic when it comes to our players. Neither are other teams fans I'm sure, just wanted to let you know what was out there.

i guess the guys in the FO are just trying to dump his contract for a little compensation. i can't say i blame them, but i will be sad to see little Roscoe go. dude is a game changer.

see: Dante Hall

same value when KC traded him away after he had 2 good years returning punts.

Hall got traded at 28. Parrish is 26. Parrish has several good years left as the best PR in the league. Leave him alone, Buffalo.

see: Dante Hall

same value when KC traded him away after he had 2 good years returning punts.

Dante Hall was traded, along with a 3rd Round Pick, to the Rams for their 3rd and a 5th.

Essentially, Hall was traded for a 5th. Dante Hall was a much bigger game changer returning punts than Roscoe is. I would not be shocked or hurt if we only got a 5th for him considering.

i guess the guys in the FO are just trying to dump his contract for a little compensation. i can't say i blame them, but i will be sad to see little Roscoe go. dude is a game changer.

C'mon on, please.

Roscoe's "changed" two games in the last two years: Last year's home opener (probably a win anyways) and JP's comeback game (either Houston or Jax, I don't remember which). During the latter it was his skill as a receiver (astonishing, I know) that put us in a position to win. One game changing performance at receiver in four years does not a "game changer" make.

Boy, losing him and we might have gone 6-10 instead of 7-9. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't McKelvin the best punt return man in college when he was drafted?

Doesn't he currently have a higher average than Roscoe?

If I can get a 3rd round pick for a 5'8" WR that can't seem to get open I'd do it in a heartbeat. If Parrish is soooo fast why is there always some scrub 3rd or 4th CB within 1 yard of him?

C'mon on, please.

Roscoe's "changed" two games in the last two years: Last year's home opener (probably a win anyways) and JP's comeback game (either Houston or Jax, I don't remember which). During the latter it was his skill as a receiver (astonishing, I know) that put us in a position to win. One game changing performance at receiver in four years does not a "game changer" make.

Boy, losing him and we might have gone 6-10 instead of 7-9. :)

Every win counts when you're skating along the edge, as the Bills are. Interestingly, the Patriots value contributors like Parrish, and it's therefore no surprise that KC is allegedly in the running for him. While he's no Welker, he's good enough to be a poor man's Welker (no small thing). Pioli traded a second and a seventh for Welker, and if he traded a third or a fourth for a guy who'll lead the league in punt return average and collect 35 receptions, I'm sure he'd be pretty convinced he got the better of the deal. The fans there would probably like it too; they probably remember the return game turning a 10-6 team into a 13-3 team in 2002.

I mean, doesn't it suggest something when the teams with superior personnel men - Miami, Pitt, and KC - are the ones supposedly interested in acquiring Parrish?

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't McKelvin the best punt return man in college when he was drafted?

If I can get a 3rd round pick for a 5'8" WR that can't seem to get open I'd do it in a heartbeat. If Parrish is soooo fast why is there always some scrub 3rd or 4th CB within 1 yard of him?

Parrish isn't actually that fast, but he's blindingly quick (one of the quickest I've ever seen). That is why he excels at punt returns. McKelvin is extremely fast, but I'm not sure how quick he is. He seems to need a couple of seconds to build up a head of steam on kickoff returns. Punt returns are different, and Roscoe is explosive right out of the gate. Bear in mind that Roscoe was a great returner in college too, and he played against far stiffer competition than McKelvin. This isn't to say that McKelvin can't return kicks. Of course he can.

Yes, but he's a starter, and now you're asking him to return punts AND kicks (with McGee) in addition to starting at CB. Great strategy. Oh wait, 28 year old unsigned Fred Jackson can return punts too. :)

It's called a zone defense. They created it after Bob Hayes lit up defenses in the 70's.

I have heard over and over again on sirius nfl radio that Parrish will go for a 4th or a 5th, which the bills will likely take. Right now the bills have more too many wrs and not enough roster spots. Evans, Owens, and Reed are the starters. Hardy and Johnson are the developing youngsters. Jenkins is a standout at covering kicks. Parrish also makes a good chunk of change.

I hope they keep him, because the 2-3 game changing plays a year he makes could be the difference of making or missing the playoffs. I think however, he will be gone.

Roscoe is the best punt returner in the league. I would keep him just for that reason alone. Steelers draft last or almost last in every round, if the Bills are insistent on trading him and it's to Pittsburgh, I would not do it for less than a 4th and would holdout for a 3rd and if not, keep him. The difference between 3rd and 4th round is 96th or 128th. Will the Bills get someone better in a position of need with that pick and is McKelvin going to return everything plus play CB? That's what they have to figure out.

which DB?

Whitner is the only bonafide starter at S, right? Besides him we have Wendling, Simpson, Scott, Wilson, and Corto who I would think would all be special teamers (maybe not Simpson or Scott if he's starting). There's plenty of places to draft a DB to play specials in rounds 6 and 7. Or you carry 7 WR's. Wouldn't be the end of the world. Better than dressing Dustin Fox, Corey Mace, or Jonathan Stupar.

Every win counts when you're skating along the edge, as the Bills are. Interestingly, the Patriots value contributors like Parrish, and it's therefore no surprise that KC is allegedly in the running for him. While he's no Welker, he's good enough to be a poor man's Welker (no small thing). Pioli traded a second and a seventh for Welker, and if he traded a third or a fourth for a guy who'll lead the league in punt return average and collect 35 receptions, I'm sure he'd be pretty convinced he got the better of the deal. The fans there would probably like it too; they probably remember the return game turning a 10-6 team into a 13-3 team in 2002.

I mean, doesn't it suggest something when the teams with superior personnel men - Miami, Pitt, and KC - are the ones supposedly interested in acquiring Parrish?

I'm not calling you a liar, but are these so-called "interests" in Parish speculation/rumors? Or is there an official source reporting this?

What do we lose if Parish walks? To me, not THAT much. Yeah, having a great punt returner is swell and all, but we've got two more in Jackson/McKelvin. We've also got a swelling stable of WR that he doesn't stand out from.

YAWN

I keep thinking they could package in Parrish with something else to get a higher pick if they are set on trading him.

If Parrish is worth a 5 (I'd prefer a 4), then what could he be packaged with to get us into the 2nd or 3rd round?

Parrish + Kelsey = low 3rd?

Parrish + one of our 4ths = low second/high third?

Parrish + both 4ths = early to mid second?

I don't know, just thinking that they could get more out of him in a package deal instead of by himself.

And no, I haven't looked at any value chart.