Anyone catch Sirus NFL radio about 10:45 this morning?

I tuned in the middle. Maybe someone can fill in the blanks.

To me the biggest bombshell was when Adam Schien asked Peters if he was out of shape reporting to the Bills in 2008 he said "of course", and went on to say it took him 3 more weeks to play himself into shape, and that his holdout and subsequent dogging after he rejoined the Bills were, in his words, "the only leverage he had."

After the interview, Jim Miller observed that if Peters wanted to be paid like the best LT in the NFL, he should have earned it on the field, meaning show up for work in 2008. Miller also said that if Peters had done that, there was no question in his mind the Bills would have made Peters a wealthy man. But Miller added he understands the Bills "100%" over what they felt they had to do. How can you reward a player who played as badly as Peters did in 2008 (Miller: "32nd ranked LT in the NFL in 2008") and was as disprespctful to the team and players as Peters was?

PTR

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me the biggest bombshell was when Adam Schien asked Peters if he was out of shape reporting to the Bills in 2008 he said "of course", and went on to say it took him 3 more weeks to play himself into shape, and that his holdout and subsequent dogging after he rejoined the Bills were, in his words, "the only leverage he had."

After the interview, Jim Miller observed that if Peters wanted to be paid like the best LT in the NFL, he should have earned it on the field, meaning show up for work in 2008. Miller also said that if Peters had done that, there was no question in his mind the Bills would have made Peters a wealthy man. But Miller added he understands the Bills "100%" over what they felt they had to do. How can you reward a player who played as badly as Peters did in 2008 (Miller: "32nd ranked LT in the NFL in 2008") and was as disprespctful to the team and players as Peters was?

PTR

:):P

Screw Peters!! I'm glad his fat, primadonna ass is out of here. He is an ungrateful piece of sh@t!! I hope he pulls the same crap with Philly in a few years and they kick his butt to the curb.

But, but, but. I thought he kept up his playing shape in the summer and was determined to show that he was worthy of the fat contract?

i bet this guy can't even spell his own name-he is lucky to have "talent" in the field of football. otherwise he'd be the next shooting victim in the slums of Arkansas

If it wasn't for Mike Mularkey suggesting Peters try being an O-linemen, and Jim McNally grooming him, he would have been out of the league already. There's no way he would have stayed on any team as a 340lb Tight End.

When the Bills talk about character, this is exactly what they mean. His BS impacted the entire team. I was somewhat remorseful of the trade until I read this. Fantastic trade!

PTR

i bet this guy can't even spell his own name-he is lucky to have "talent" in the field of football. otherwise he'd be the next shooting victim in the slums of Arkansas

Hopefully, he's smart enough to realize that his hometown is in Texas, not Arkansas.

PTR

Jim Miller was a failure as an NFL QB and is currently a major shill and excuse-maker for Dick Jauron and Co. I have Sirius NFL radio and have had more than enough of his warped way of thinking regarding the Bills.

Here's a question. How can you reward a head coach who coached as badly as he has since he's come to Buffalo? Oh that's right, according to that former scrub QB none of it was his fault. His buddy got his extension and that is all that matters. Everyone else is an ungrateful jerk. :)

Jim Miller was a failure as an NFL QB and is currently a major shill and excuse-maker for Dick Jauron and Co. I have Sirius NFL radio and have had more than enough of his warped way of thinking regarding the Bills.

Here's a question. How can you reward a head coach who coached as badly as he has since he's come to Buffalo? Oh that's right, according to that former scrub QB none of it was his fault. His buddy got his extension and that is all that matters. Everyone else is an ungrateful jerk. :)

What does that have to do with Peters showing up out of shape and playing like crap?

PTR

To me, this is where an agent earns his money. How Parker could allow his client to go on national radio and admit that (along with his previous startling admissions) is beyond me. Every time this idiot opens his mouth he costs himself money down the road. Whether it be the next contract, a renegotiation, or even endorsements, none of this stuff helps. Great job Eugene and Jason, you two deserve each other. Enjoy Philly and those forgiving fans.

My biggest problem with Peters is his lack of loyalty.He didnt get drafted and the Bills signed him as a free agent.No other team was willing to give him a chance,they all seen him as an out of shape tight end.The Bills seen more.At least show up to camp and show some respect to an organization that made you an millonaire.If the Bills didnt see the potenial in him,he would be just another regular joe...working 9-5.

I heard it.

The best part was in the beginning when Peters said "I wasn't looking for a lot of money or anything, I just wanted to get what I think I deserved". He also stated that he didn't understand why Buffalo was giving money to everyone else and not him.

When the Bills talk about character, this is exactly what they mean. His BS impacted the entire team. I was somewhat remorseful of the trade until I read this. Fantastic trade!

Yep, that's the antithesis of "football character"...

Yeah IF he wasn't an NFL player he's just be a regular guy ... problem is, he IS an NFL player, so he lives by different rules than everyone else. Those rules say you get every penny you can, when you can, because in 20 years you could be dead or crippled from the beating your body took in your 20s.

I know it is not popular to defend the guy making $3 million who held out, and I am not defending him FOR holding out. But the Bills have to take some of the blame. If they had gone to him when he was named All-Pro and said "Hey, you are our best O-lineman and we want to pay you that way" they could have worked something out. As long as he got more than crappy Dockery, he would have been happy. He was never asking to be THE highest paid guy until after he made the Pro Bowl (undeservedly) again.

I am fine with them trading him, and his attitude and selfishness probably did affect the team last season. But the Bills made their own bed and backed themselves into a corner. They should have paid the guy what he deserved immediately after the 2007 season and none of this would ever have happened. All that "It would set a bad precedent" stuff is B.S. If someone else comes to you wanting to re-do their deal with 3 years left, you say "When you make All-Pro like Peters did, we'll talk." Instead they reward Kelsay for being a good guy and showing up fpr minicamp and being supremely average during the season. They wanted a hometown discount just because they got lucky with Peters, but the NFL does not work that way. It's not the real world.

We as fans can go ahead and be pissed at Peters for holding out when he is under contract for $3 million. But if you are the Bills, you pay the guy. The fans still B word about what a jerk Bruce Smith was and he has been off the team for 10 years and retired for five ... but funny they haven't been to the playoffs since he left. It's the price of doing business in the NFL. Or, more accurately, it's the price of WINNING in the NFL.

Just another bills hater, looking at his Tom Brady poster longinly

Yeah IF he wasn't an NFL player he's just be a regular guy ... problem is, he IS an NFL player, so he lives by different rules than everyone else. Those rules say you get every penny you can, when you can, because in 20 years you could be dead or crippled from the beating your body took in your 20s.

I know it is not popular to defend the guy making $3 million who held out, and I am not defending him FOR holding out. But the Bills have to take some of the blame. If they had gone to him when he was named All-Pro and said "Hey, you are our best O-lineman and we want to pay you that way" they could have worked something out. As long as he got more than crappy Dockery, he would have been happy. He was never asking to be THE highest paid guy until after he made the Pro Bowl (undeservedly) again.

I am fine with them trading him, and his attitude and selfishness probably did affect the team last season. But the Bills made their own bed and backed themselves into a corner. They should have paid the guy what he deserved immediately after the 2007 season and none of this would ever have happened. All that "It would set a bad precedent" stuff is B.S. If someone else comes to you wanting to re-do their deal with 3 years left, you say "When you make All-Pro like Peters did, we'll talk." Instead they reward Kelsay for being a good guy and showing up fpr minicamp and being supremely average during the season. They wanted a hometown discount just because they got lucky with Peters, but the NFL does not work that way. It's not the real world.

We as fans can go ahead and be pissed at Peters for holding out when he is under contract for $3 million. But if you are the Bills, you pay the guy. The fans still B word about what a jerk Bruce Smith was and he has been off the team for 10 years and retired for five ... but funny they haven't been to the playoffs since he left. It's the price of doing business in the NFL. Or, more accurately, it's the price of WINNING in the NFL.

Except you NEVER f**k your team over when negotiating a deal. You show up and play your a$$ off and prove you are worth every penny. No one said Peters didn't earn a raise in 2007. He just went about it the worst way you possibly can.

PTR