#28 Pick

Eben Britton at #28 ? What do you guys think?

Britton is more likely to be an RT than an LT in the pros.

Very tough, but not all that athletic. Has trouble handling stunts and speed rushes. Not what you like to hear about your LT. Somewhat the same guy as Langston Walker, in other words, but Walker may be even tougher.

We need an LT, though, not an RT.

Drafting a LT in the first seems like a bad move. He porbably won't start right away and when he does he will be compared constantly to Peters. That can get to a kid.

Plug Walker in this year, let Bell develop and see where we stand. This way we can focus on the DE talent that will be there at 11 and one of the top teir linebackers at 28.

Nah. Britton is built more like a LT, but doesn't have the quickness needed to handle rushers off that edge. He's also not a very powerful drive blocker, so you'd have to have a TE or RB help out on his side if you put him @ RT.

I like William Beatty more as a LT prospect, and he could be available when the Bills' 2nd round pick is up.

I dont want to go OT at all in the first....but if you are going to take one take one with at least a chance of being a LT.......

It is my hope that D. Bell comes out this year and really makes the most of his opportunity......they keep Langston at RT where he belongs......and have a certain stud TE from the draft helping to chip

Nah. Britton is built more like a LT, but doesn't have the quickness needed to handle rushers off that edge. He's also not a very powerful drive blocker, so you'd have to have a TE or RB help out on his side if you put him @ RT.

I like William Beatty more as a LT prospect, and he could be available when the Bills' 2nd round pick is up.

Doesn't he have T-Rex arms??

It could happen, but more and more it seems like he'll be gone at that point, possibly to Minnesota at 22.

Regarding Britton, he's good enough in pass protection that he could play left tackle. He's actually a better fit there early on because he's not really a strong drive blocker, which most teams prefer on the right side. Of course, this is just my opinion, so take that for what it's worth.

I think the Bills should go with Pettigrew at #11 unless they feel they can get him if they trade down, an OLB at #28 and then go with an OT. Whomever they draft as far as OL go, regardless of where they are drafted, they will not start this year. Bigger needs are TE and OLB. Looks like the Bills are stockpiling picks and they are not done yet. With a ton of picks, they can take some chances and a project type LT will be around later in the draft. My feeling is they will draft two or three tackles over the 7 rounds, Heck, Peters was undrafted so you never know who will turn out or be a bust, address your major needs first.

If we were to consider going LT in the first round, then I'd try to roll the dice and see if he would be available at #28. I believe he can get the job done at LT, and some team I believe will be very happy that they drafted him.