Jared Cook

This dude can fly with a 4.49 forty,ran a 4.37 as a soph. He has great hands ,41 inch vertical,size 6-5 -246 lbs.bench 225 23 times. I like speed and size with leaping ability as a red zone threat. He was highly recruited also for basketball. Could be another gates in the making. :devil:

This dude can fly with a 4.49 forty,ran a 4.37 as a soph. He has great hands ,41 inch vertical,size 6-5 -246 lbs.bench 225 23 times. I like speed and size with leaping ability as a red zone threat. He was highly recruited also for basketball. Could be another gates in the making. :devil:

Here's what scares me:

Compares To: VERNON DAVIS, San Francisco -- Cook might not be a great fit for a team looking for a traditional tight end, as he might be better served in motion. He is bigger than Davis and just as quick. Cook won't match up strength-wise, but he is getting close. The problem is that he likes to freelance a lot and is too inconsistent as a blocker. At times, he reminds some of former South Carolina bust Troy Williamson, a speedster with a lack of focus. As for production, it has been ho-hum, meaning he will be drafted much higher based on his athleticism than his final numbers on the field. There were some very hush-hush moves on the SC staff's part in regards to his foot injury last year, and further medical evaluation would ease the minds of some teams there.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?act=P...mp;qpid=1393914

Yeah every player his faults ,but you can`t coach speed , leaping abillity with hands and size are hard to come by. coach him up boys. Hell he`s faster than Hardy, Reed ,Johnson. No pick is a sure thing as you well know.

Yeah every player his faults ,but you can`t coach speed , leaping abillity with hands and size are hard to come by. coach him up boys. Hell he`s faster than Hardy, Reed ,Johnson. No pick is a sure thing as you well know.

I understand that. But, in the early rounds I'd rather take a chance on a guy whose flaws are physical (which limit his top end in some area)...and yet he produces, than a guy hasn't shown he can play the position at a high level but has top end possibility based on his physical superiority.

A guy like this later in the draft? Sure.

It's all a gamble, I just think the Bills need a safer bet at a position where the guy is going to have to play in 2009.

I also noticed Colston at the combine and said he would be a good pick. Wonder how he turned out ? You can see talent if you look hard enough. I`ve seen these so-called experts screw up quite a bit.

No doubt. They all might be full of crap. Sometimes you just take your shot. Plenty of people like this guy, too.

I'm just sayin' this isn't the shot I would take in the second.

Say no to Jared Cook!! :devil:

Unimpressive numbers in a Steve Spurrier offense. Never lived up to his athletic abilities and potential. Steve Spurrier had questioned his work ethic on a couple different occasions. Is known to not to be a "practice" effort player. Is considered a "non willing" blocker.

Everything about this guy says, "work out warrior". However, he is not a "football" player. Ala Vernon davis.

Please please please, I hope the Bills don't have him anywhere near their radar of consideration.

I'd have to cast another vote against. I wouldn't be upset if they pick him, but the lack of production and blocking ability are big concerns. Echoing previous posters, I'd prefer taking a player that perhaps isn't as good an athlete as he is, but is a better all around football player. My choice in the 2nd would be either Shawn Nelson or James Casey.

I wouldn't be upset if we got him towards the end of the first draft day. Living here in SC, got a chance to watch him play quite a bit. Even in the Spurrier offense, quarterback plack was atrocious, and besides their go-to WR, Cook was really their only other receiving option. Even then, the kid still seemed to catch everything that was thrown around him -- and almost every ball was "around" not "at" him.

I will have to leave it up to someone else to critique his blocking, as I honestly don't remember. I think he is worth a chance if the top-rated TE's are gone.

This dude can fly with a 4.49 forty,ran a 4.37 as a soph. He has great hands ,41 inch vertical,size 6-5 -246 lbs.bench 225 23 times. I like speed and size with leaping ability as a red zone threat. He was highly recruited also for basketball. Could be another gates in the making. :(

The Bills are interested. They have interviewed him very recently in Buffalo. I like the pick in the 2nd or 3rd if it happens.

Didn't Spurrier even question this kids work ethic publicly? His stats don't match up to Coffman's (who will likely be available in the third, unlike Cook) and he doesn't come close to blocking nearly as well as Pettigrew. The more I think about it the more I think we're going to find a way to take Pettigrew, reach or not. As long as we don't take that bum Andre Smith...

"Coach him up"?? You must be watching a different team...

Didn't Spurrier even question this kids work ethic publicly? His stats don't match up to Coffman's (who will likely be available in the third, unlike Cook) and he doesn't come close to blocking nearly as well as Pettigrew. The more I think about it the more I think we're going to find a way to take Pettigrew, reach or not. As long as we don't take that bum Andre Smith...

"Coach him up"?? You must be watching a different team...

Cook's athleticism is off the charts, but I have major reservations about his ability to play the position. Although I hate comparing college players to NFL players, he does remind me quite a bit of Vernon Davis...which means you're looking at 2-3 years before he makes any kind of impact, and even then he's nowhere near the player that the hype seemed to indicate.

Regardless, it should please you, Leo-Mac, to know that both those guys (Andre Smith and Cook) aren't likely to end up in a Bills' uniform. I still say Smith goes #6 to Cincinnati or, at worst, #9 to Green Bay. With Cook, I just have a feeling somebody's going to take a chance on him in the early portion of the 2nd round.

For TEs, my personal preference in Shawn Nelson from Southern Miss. He gets the occasional case of the drops, but other than that there isn't much about his game that's not to like. He has speed, runs great routes, is a willing blocker, is very coachable, goes after the ball aggressively, and knows how to sit down in a zone.