Happy for Jason Peters

bluenews

For what it’s worth, I'm happy for Jason Peters. As a kid he was a Bills' fan and signed with his favorite team. What a story....undrafted Tight End out of Arkansas who played specials teams, defensive line and finally made transition to offensive lineman. Coach Jim McNally undeservingly receives credit for Peters' progress. McNally didn't want anything to do with Peters and doubted he could make transition. Peters is a true blend of athletic ability, hard work and dedication to perfection. Despite what his position coach thought, made Pro Bowl twice. It was only when the Bills overpaid for Derrick Dockery and Langton Walker, did Jason Peters want to restructure his contract. He was loyal to the Bills and only wanted to be fairly compensated for his play. The Buffalo Bills screwed this one up!!! I'll continue to be a Jason Peters fan!

For what it’s worth, I'm happy for Jason Peters. As a kid he was a Bills' fan and signed with his favorite team. What a story....undrafted Tight End out of Arkansas who played specials teams, defensive line and finally made transition to offensive lineman. Coach Jim McNally undeservingly receives credit for Peters' progress. McNally didn't want anything to do with Peters and doubted he could make transition. Peters is a true blend of athletic ability, hard work and dedication to perfection. Despite what his position coach thought, made Pro Bowl twice. It was only when the Bills overpaid for Derrick Dockery and Langton Walker, did Jason Peters want to restructure his contract. He was loyal to the Bills and only wanted to be fairly compensated for his play. The Buffalo Bills screwed this one up!!! I'll continue to be a Jason Peters fan!

I wish Jason well in Philly and I agree that the Bills problems started when they broke the bank for Dockery. He turned out to be another softy like Mike Williams.

Yep.

For what it's worth, I'm happy for Jason Peters. As a kid he was a Bills' fan and signed with his favorite team. What a story....undrafted Tight End out of Arkansas who played specials teams, defensive line and finally made transition to offensive lineman. Coach Jim McNally undeservingly receives credit for Peters' progress. McNally didn't want anything to do with Peters and doubted he could make transition. Peters is a true blend of athletic ability, hard work and dedication to perfection. Despite what his position coach thought, made Pro Bowl twice. It was only when the Bills overpaid for Derrick Dockery and Langton Walker, did Jason Peters want to restructure his contract. He was loyal to the Bills and only wanted to be fairly compensated for his play. The Buffalo Bills screwed this one up!!! I'll continue to be a Jason Peters fan!

That's so wrong, it's laughable. Actually I think I will :worthy: .

McNally wanted JP at OT and has been his biggest influence and supporter. And some "Bills fan growing up."

I hope jason plays as crappy as he did last season for us.. i'm sure the philly fans will love that

He won't. That's the point. He won't. Last year he missed camp. This year he won't. He is going to be terrific.

I was ready to be happy for Peters, but learning that he signed with Philly for much less than he was demanding from us took that option away. Both sides are to blame, the Bills also. But signing for less. I can't just cheer for Peters now. The emotions will be complicated for me.

We took a risk with him and even took a chance by converting him to LT. Jason should thank his lucky stars. Sure he's happy with his contract in Philly. But it never would have happened if the Bills hadn't first taken a chance with him. He didn't show loyalty in the end. He listened too much to his agent. I'm glad he's gone. Loyalty is key for a team's success. I was a Peters supporter for a while. I think things happened for the best now though. Good luck to him. Over time we'll be better off without him.

I hope jason plays as crappy as he did last season for us.. i'm sure the philly fans will love that

I hope he plays just well enough to get the highest conditional pick (hopefully the Bills made it contingent on making the Pro Bowl, which apparently Peters can make while sleep-walking through a season), and then plays bad.

I hope he plays just well enough to get the highest conditional pick (hopefully the Bills made it contingent on making the Pro Bowl, which apparently Peters can make while sleep-walking through a season), and then plays bad.

Then he can hold out again and demand a new contract. That seems to happen every few years with him.

Hmm.. ok for a conditional draft pick. ok yes... Peters better go the pro bowl! well for one year. for our sake. then after that he can show his true colors :worthy:

McNally was severely overrated

you rip the Bills but you dont give them credit for seeing his potential and locking him up to an extension early by over paying him in order to keep him under contract

once Peters started getting recognition throughout the league and made the Pro bowl he was going to want a new contract no matter what the Bills did

the guy held out all summer last year, showed up out of shape and clearly hurt the Bills with his play yet you continue to be a fan...Peters was more about himself then the team which is why I am more then glad he is gone

I hope he demands a new contract form the Eagles 2 days after he signs.

Glad to see him gone.

Let him do well for one year first tho. so we get a great conditional draft pick. then he can eat donuts for the rest of his career and hang with Willis.

McNally was severely overrated

you rip the Bills but you dont give them credit for seeing his potential and locking him up to an extension early by over paying him in order to keep him under contract

once Peters started getting recognition throughout the league and made the Pro bowl he was going to want a new contract no matter what the Bills did

the guy held out all summer last year, showed up out of shape and clearly hurt the Bills with his play yet you continue to be a fan...Peters was more about himself then the team which is why I am more then glad he is gone

I fully agree with u on the fact that he was more about himself than the team. not a team player. glad to get rid of dead weight. I've only coached jv and varsity football. but i know dead weight when i see it. well i hope i do. he turned into bad news. I hope he doesn't turn out too badly tho cause one of my best friends is a hard core philly fan.

I wish him well, I thought he was a very good player.

Notwithstanding some sympathetic pieces in the press and of course not knowing all of the facts, I blame the Bills for what happened. I know that the Bills gave him a contract for good money well before he needed to be re-signed, but I also have a feeling the Dockery thing ignited this whole mess. So, a couple of years later, we learn that signing Dockery was not only a huge and costly mistake, but it may have contributed to the current disaster with Peters.

He won't. That's the point. He won't. Last year he missed camp. This year he won't. He is going to be terrific.

I was ready to be happy for Peters, but learning that he signed with Philly for much less than he was demanding from us took that option away. Both sides are to blame, the Bills also. But signing for less. I can't just cheer for Peters now. The emotions will be complicated for me.

I don't know where you get your information, but he signed for MORE with Philly.

That's so wrong, it's laughable. Actually I think I will :wallbash: .

McNally wanted JP at OT and has been his biggest influence and supporter. And some "Bills fan growing up."

Thank you VOR from saving me the trouble to type that. :D