I'll do it for you Tim

BillsVet

A "gulch"....wow...haven't heard that word used since I lived in Buffalo 10 years ago and we had one behind our house...took me a few minutes to remember what that meant.

"The son of Karl Malone is listed at 6-foot-5 and 3007 pounds. Bell was inactive for every game last year."

Thats a HUGE tackle Tim! :worthy:

A "gulch"....wow...haven't heard that word used since I lived in Buffalo 10 years ago and we had one behind our house...took me a few minutes to remember what that meant.

Here's the definition from Webster's Dictionary:

A. deep cleft, ravine

B. Buffalo Bills front office

I know nothing about Matt Williamson (other than he works for Scouts, Inc.). Is his opinion supposed to be believed as gospel?

What if Peters' groin injury at the end of 2007 robbed him of some of his athleticism, causing him to struggle more than missing the off-season? Is everyone who thinks that the Bills made a mistake so sure that it just was missing the off-season that led to his poor performance? IMNSHO, that's a huge assumption.

I know nothing about Matt Williamson (other than he works for Scouts, Inc.). Is his opinion supposed to be believed as gospel?

What if Peters' groin injury at the end of 2007 robbed him of some of his athleticism, causing him to struggle more than missing the off-season? Is everyone who thinks that the Bills made a mistake so sure that it just was missing the off-season that led to his poor performance? IMNSHO, that's a huge assumption.

That's a point that isn't brought up enough. IMO I think Peters skates too much on his raw talent...it means nothing if he doesn't apply it. I'd still have liked to get something done with him but at the same time I go agree we had to draw the line. I'm not overly thrilled with the haul either but I'm hoping Nix upgrades our scouting dept. enough to make some strong picks.

Admittedly, i'm not a fan of trading of Peters but here's a question. Would you like the Bills to trade a 1st & a couple more picks for a LT that has missed games the last 2 seasons and led the NFL in sacks allowed last season? Then on top of that, would you wanna pay him a $11 million?

Admittedly, i'm not a fan of trading of Peters but here's a question. Would you like the Bills to trade a 1st & a couple more picks for a LT that has missed games the last 2 seasons and led the NFL in sacks allowed last season? Then on top of that, would you wanna pay him a $11 million?

We'll have to see how a) Peters does this year, as well as beyond, and b) what the Bills do with their O-line and draft picks. No one knows at this time. But there was a real risk in paying Peters $11.5M/year given his injuries the past 2 years and the season he had last year.

It finds his agenda.

Again, I'm up in the air about this. Peters is really good but does he want to be great? He went about his contract situation terribly and forced the Bills' hand. Did Peters play last year deserve a raise? And does giving a guy with questionable motivation a ton of money seem like the best idea?

I really respect Tim. He gets it. Plus the other people quoted in his article seem to be pretty high on Peters too. Not a shock to me

We're doooooooomed dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed, everybody run! IfI remember correctly the colts did pretty well with a mid 1st round rookie left tackle recenty, cleveland's offense looked pretty good with joe thomas too, Jets made the playoffs in D'brickshaw furgeson's rookie year (while aaron schobel treated him like his redheaded stepchild), i don't have time to look up other examples, but I'm just saying having a rookie or unproven left tackle doesn't mean the qb is going to get decapitated. I dont think the line will end up being all that much worse than it was last year (with peters having an off year). Maybe it wont be nearly as good as it would've been with peters, maybe peters injuries/attitude will do him in and will be happy we got rid of him, but hopefully the FO uses the extra money/draftpicks wisely (I know, I know that's a huge assumption), and make the the best of it. I love Tim Grahmam, but the scouts inc guy is being a little too apocolyptic about the whole thing, I'm still willing to wait and see before I jump out the window.

It finds his agenda.

Again, I'm up in the air about this. Peters is really good but does he want to be great? He went about his contract situation terribly and forced the Bills' hand. Did Peters play last year deserve a raise? And does giving a guy with questionable motivation a ton of money seem like the best idea?

How much was Parker's doing? I hate that :worthy: .

We're doooooooomed dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed, everybody run! If I remember correctly the colts did pretty well with a mid 1st round rookie left tackle recenty, cleveland's offense looked pretty good with joe thomas too, i don't have time to look up other examples, but I'm just saying having a rookie or unproven left tackle doesn't mean the qb is going to get decapitated. I dont think the line will end up being all that much worse than it was last year (with peters having an off year). Maybe it wont be nearly as good as it would've been with peters, but hopefully the FO uses the extra money/draftpicks wisely (I know, I know that's a huge assumption), and make the the best of it. I love Tim Grahmam, but the scouts inc guy is being a little too apocolyptic about the whole thing, I'm still willing to wait and see before I jump out the window.

Oh man. Joe Thomas was one of the best LT's to come out in years. Ran a 4.9 40 for a guy over 315 pounds. Tony Ugoh was a Polian pick in the 2nd that trader Bill used a 2nd to get. And if Polian's picking, that player is usually gonna be good.

LT's don't grow on trees. To the casual and uneducated football fan, it's easy to put anyone up against DE's and pass rushing OLB's. The skill set just isn't available all that often, and most fans don't even know it.

Most people know Buffalo will be playing Mario Williams, Joey Porter twice, whomever Belichick has, John Abraham, Dwight Freeney, and others this season. If I were Trent I'd be worried.

We're doooooooomed dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed, everybody run! If I remember correctly the colts did pretty well with a mid 1st round rookie left tackle recenty, cleveland's offense looked pretty good with joe thomas too, i don't have time to look up other examples, but I'm just saying having a rookie or unproven left tackle doesn't mean the qb is going to get decapitated. I dont think the line will end up being all that much worse than it was last year (with peters having an off year). Maybe it wont be nearly as good as it would've been with peters, but hopefully the FO uses the extra money/draftpicks wisely (I know, I know that's a huge assumption), and make the the best of it. I love Tim Grahmam, but the scouts inc guy is being a little too apocolyptic about the whole thing, I'm still willing to wait and see before I jump out the window.

The funniest thing is as bad as this board is lately, think of the Falcons board last year. They were 3-13 in 2007. Their star QB was in jail for fighting dogs. Their coach bailed on them after one year to go back to college. They drafted a QB who throw a ton of INTs in the ACC. On top of that, they reached for a LT at the end of the first round that most experts had going in the 2nd. I forget how did they work out for them?

Honestly, I wasn't sure about the trade but they did a good job given the circumstances. Last year, 3 LTs played really well as rookies (even better than the now highest paid LT in football). This is a very good draft for tackles. so let's move away from the ledge for a bit and see how this plays out.

Oh man. Joe Thomas was one of the best LT's to come out in years. Ran a 4.9 40 for a guy over 315 pounds. Tony Ugoh was a Polian pick in the 2nd that trader Bill used a 2nd to get. And if Polian's picking, that player is usually gonna be good.

LT's don't grow on trees. To the casual and uneducated football fan, it's easy to put anyone up against DE's and pass rushing OLB's. The skill set just isn't available all that often, and most fans don't even know it.

Most people know Buffalo will be playing Mario Williams, Joey Porter twice, whomever Belichick has, John Abraham, Dwight Freeney, and others this season. If I were Trent I'd be worried.

See, I used to think this too. And that's why I didn't want to trade Peters. But check this out: http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft...p;type=position

By my count, 7 tackles from last years draft started as rookies (and Williams from the Bears would have but he was injured). At least 4 were LTs. Marcus McNeil was a 2nd rounder LT that started for a very good SD team and was drafted by our new scout, Buddy Nix. Maybe Lts aren't as hard to find as we were led to believe.

All this talk about other franchises and how they've fared in spite of doom & gloom predictions and how they overcame loss of talent and how they replenished with humble picks that over-excelled is heartwarming.

But for a minute think about our present talent, our present FO and our present coach. Also think about John Guy picking FAs.

Now also taking into account the fact we haven't been in the playoffs in 10 years. C'mon now.

Our FO doesn't have anyone close to a Polian. Our coaching doesn't have anyone remotely resembling a Parcells. Or even Sparano or Reid. And our QB is no where near a Peyton or anyone even half that good.

I do like the Nix addition. BUt even he can only do so much.

I've seen the evidence thus far. I think the odds are better than fifty-fifty that we're on the Jauron death watch and that our QB will be Fitzpatrick around game 7 or 8 if not earlier.

Sure, Peters sucked last year. I'm not even sure if I'm upset at him leaving. But we had all the cards. To give him up for an almost 2nd rounder and an almost 5th, is just dumb ass. And to not have someone who can do a better than adequate job is just poor planning.

I would have traded him for the 21st and the 3rd pick nothing less. Then if he wanted to sit, let him sit. Then when he comes back, don't play him until he proves himself committed to the program. See how he gets picked for a Pro Bowl with less than 6 games for a season.

I think the scout guy is right except for maybe for the part where Edwards doesn't feel the rush. I think he feels the rush alright, he just doesn't know what to do with the ball once he knows when the rush is coming. Except maybe dump it off.

Watch this soap opera unfold once Owens figures out he isn't catching anywhere the # of balls coming his way is less than 50% of his previous output.

C

It's difficult to keep Peters and deal with the frustration, but if I were Brandon, I'd have considered the very real possibility that he's going to go down as a fool if the #28 pick doesn't do much and Peters dominates for Philly (a very likely possibility). He already has a very, very shaky rep, and this isn't going to help him. On the surface, Philly clearly got the better of the Bills, and if that becomes more apparent after next year and the Bills are a sub-.500 team again, there will be calls for his head. Especially if Philly wins the NFC east.