Clayton says Bills likely not done dealing

jahnyc

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parrish can't run a route to save his life and that is what Welker excels at...Dante Hall is a much better comparable.

Winner!

Johnson looks like a nice #4-5 receiver, and for the life of me I don't understand why we didn't see more of Jenkins at WR when Reed was out last year. Hardy is a lost cause to me at this point and I would love if the front office had the nads to pick up a 5th for him as well...if anyone would take him.

I am happy with Evans, Reed, Owens with spells by Johnson, an upgrade at TE, and McKelvin attempting to not do something stupid in the return game. When you are paying Roscoe for what amounts to similar production that McKelvin seems to be able to give you.....I have no problem with a trade.

Roscoe Parrish to the rest of the NFL may be worth a 5th rounder, but to the Buffalo Bills, he's priceless. He is a playmaker. I hold him in that regards to the likes of Darryl Talley, OJ, Doug Flutie, Andre Reed, among Buffalo's greatest "playmakers" and "game changers" of all time.

I really hope Buffalo doesn't trade him.

Sweet baby Jesus...... :D

Roscoe has got heart and he is the best in the world at returning punts. Buffalo should receive nothing less than a 3rd round pick for him. Sure Roscoe is getting paid (good for him) very well. On special teams Roscoe is a nightmare that is why people do not punt to him very often. Him and Leodis made Buffalo special teams, special last year and that is the only area of the Bills team that functioned at a high level. It is actually kind of confusing to me why they want to get rid of him unless Buffalo plans on taking Maclin in the draft.

That would be a horrible trade.

I think the only reason the bills are looking to trade is the 4-5M salary owed to Parrish. Would you pay 4-5M for a punt returner if that is all he is doing for the team ? The problem is that Turk and Dick have failed to make a scheme that plays to the strength of its players.....Roscoe has everything to be like a Wes Welker who can move the chains with his consistent 6-7 yards catch and drop.....He would be the best suited for the dink and dunk offense run by Turk with Edwards at the control. Unfortunately the amount of times the ball was thrown to Roscoe was just too minimal....and a lot of times that was on the outside.....Roscoe in the slot would be a much better WR than Reed.

Having said that, if the Bills do want to trade, I think they should just swap Parrish for Schefler with the Broncos.....The Broncos will get their "Wes Welker" in Parrish and a dynamic Punt returner (Roscoe had a very good game against the Broncos last year and Josh knows him having seen him play twice a year).

Maybe Jauron could insist on making it a 4th for next year?

No, the way things are going he'd insist on it being a 6th next year. Part of the Bills overall master plan to eventually acquire EVERY 6th round pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.

I think the only reason the bills are looking to trade is the 4-5M salary owed to Parrish. Would you pay 4-5M for a punt returner if that is all he is doing for the team ? The problem is that Turk and Dick have failed to make a scheme that plays to the strength of its players.....Roscoe has everything to be like a Wes Welker who can move the chains with his consistent 6-7 yards catch and drop.....He would be the best suited for the dink and dunk offense run by Turk with Edwards at the control. Unfortunately the amount of times the ball was thrown to Roscoe was just too minimal....and a lot of times that was on the outside.....Roscoe in the slot would be a much better WR than Reed.

Having said that, if the Bills do want to trade, I think they should just swap Parrish for Schefler with the Broncos.....The Broncos will get their "Wes Welker" in Parrish and a dynamic Punt returner (Roscoe had a very good game against the Broncos last year and Josh knows him having seen him play twice a year).

I agree with just about all of this. I'd hate to see Roscoe dealt, but for a quality player of need, I'd understand it. Schefler would be a terrific addition, and would save using a high round draft pick on a TE.

In this thread, several posters have claimed that Parrish can't run routes. Where the hell is that coming from? I agree with you, Roscoe's issue has been with how poorly he has been used, in this offense. I don't know that he is analogous to Welker, but he certainly is a weapon that has been overlooked in the Bills' offense.

I don't agree that he makes a better slot receiver than Reed, who is a polished WR who brings far more to the table than Roscoe, as an every-down contributor.

BTW, Parrish isn't going to make $4-5 million, this year, with the Bills. He is scheduled to make about $3 million.

Winner!

Johnson looks like a nice #4-5 receiver, and for the life of me I don't understand why we didn't see more of Jenkins at WR when Reed was out last year. Hardy is a lost cause to me at this point and I would love if the front office had the nads to pick up a 5th for him as well...if anyone would take him.

I am happy with Evans, Reed, Owens with spells by Johnson, an upgrade at TE, and McKelvin attempting to not do something stupid in the return game. When you are paying Roscoe for what amounts to similar production that McKelvin seems to be able to give you.....I have no problem with a trade.

Hardy is a lost cause after playing in three games? That's just crazy. You can't expect a rookie WR to come in and play lights out his first season. They never do. Time is needed for WRs to get acclimated to the NFL and actually do well at the position. Hardy showed a lot of flashes in the little time he played last season until he injured his knee. I think by the middle of this season he'll be getting more time at the #4, and in goal line situations and will make a lot of plays for us. I also think that Steve Johnson will be an excellent receiver. He played very well at the end of last season. Still, let's not just toss out a rookie in Hardy who has a ton of raw talent just because he didn't light it up in his rookie season.

He is one of our better players. We need to get rid of him.

He isn't even close to being one of our best players. He isn't even in our top 5 recievers, which is why he probably won't be on the team next year regardless of whether we recieve anything for him or not.

He's our best punt returner. As such, he sees the field, what, 5 - 7 plays per game?

He isn't even close to being one of our best players. He isn't even in our top 5 recievers, which is why he probably won't be on the team next year regardless of whether we recieve anything for him or not.

He's our best punt returner. As such, he sees the field, what, 5 - 7 plays per game?

He is not only our best punt returner - he is one of the best punt returners in the HISTORY of the game. You obviously do not appreciate special teams or the importance of field position

It also would be nice if the Bills knew how to use him as a WR. His catch percentage is comparable to the other receivers on the team and he can turn a game around on one play. Personally, I would love to see TO, Evans, and Roscoe on the field at the same time. I am not going to convince you or the other Roscoe haters on this board of his importance to the team or what his value could be. I do know that if we trade him (especially to a team that knows how to use him), we will regret the day we did it.

If you and others are so confident that Roscoe is not that important, let's trade him to the Patriots and find out what Billy B would do with him. How confident are you about that scenario?