Clayton says Bills likely not done dealing

jahnyc

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure that's accurate. 1.5 million is listed as the prorated portion of his signing bonus. 1 mil in salary, and 500,000 for a roster bonus. So we save 1.5 mil if we trade him in actual cash.

Not according to Michael David Smith's story on AOL:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2007/12/26/bears-d...roscoe-parrish/

Parrish's contract includes a $1.1 million signing bonus, bonuses of $3.25 million in 2008, $1.5 million in '09, a $1 million base salary in 2009, and base salaries of $1.25 million in 2010 and 2011, plus $500,000 roster bonuses each year.

if parrish was on the patriots he would be just as good as wes welker. the problem is jauron, ralph, his daughter, russ, tom

WHAT?! are u crazy? HE is no where NEAR as good as welker. much smaller, and can not handle playing in the slot with LBs that size like Welker. he is a punt return, ala dante hall. we have 2 more of those - McGee and Leodis. Trade from a position of strength...

Maybe Roscoe and Moorman can play CB too. I know both are a little small, but with some work in the weight room, they'd be very valuable.

Mooreman can play CB. And LB. And DE....all at the same time

Oh, and while he's doing all that, he can also be the Defensive Coordinator, Head Coach, Owner, Commisioner of the NFL, and President of the United States

:worthy: Most Valuable Punter

I'm more surprised that people are getting so antsy about something Clayton says.

It's that time of year. And I don't mean draft time

Clayton looks like an accountant. And when your accountant says something in the middle of April, you kinda get antsy :worthy:

I hate this front office...unless they make a trade for Julius Peppers....I am losing what little faith I have had in them...now, the end is near...

I agree, If they could package some deal like the one we just got from the Eagles, and maybe even through in Parrish, I think that it would be good trade, but the only problem with that is I really don't think Peppers would want to come to Buffalo, and even if he did the bills would not offer him a contract. Thats the way it works here they give people like Ryan Denney big contracts, but not the elite players.

WHAT?! are u crazy? HE is no where NEAR as good as welker. much smaller, and can not handle playing in the slot with LBs that size like Welker. he is a punt return, ala dante hall. we have 2 more of those - McGee and Leodis. Trade from a position of strength...

Parrish can't run a route to save his life and that is what Welker excels at...Dante Hall is a much better comparable.

he would be used as a receiver as wes is used. similar build but parrish actually is faster. leave it up to an administration like the bills to ruin talent

faster butr lacking skills in route running, instaincts and pass catching.

It's that time of year. And I don't mean draft time

Clayton looks like an accountant. And when your accountant says something in the middle of April, you kinda get antsy :worthy:

That was actually very good. In the midst of all this self-immolation....quite well-turned.

I do not have insider, but Clayton says the Bills are still shopping Roscoe Parrish and will likely end up receiving a 5th round draft choice for him.

Parrish is the best punt returner in the AFC. I know there is a glut at wr, but I don't think trading him makes sense for a 5th round draft choice.

Maybe I'm missing something, but who's going to return punts if Parrish is gone and do it well? McKelvin is a good returner but he'll be starting CB now that Greer is gone. The Bills won't risk having Leodis out there for all those plays.

I think you keep Parrish as a 5th receiver or even 6th because he makes the punt return so dangerous.

Maybe I'm missing something, but who's going to return punts if Parrish is gone and do it well? McKelvin is a good returner but he'll be starting CB now that Greer is gone. The Bills won't risk having Leodis out there for all those plays.

I think you keep Parrish as a 5th receiver or even 6th because he makes the punt return so dangerous.

As much as I'd hate to see the Bills give Roscoe away a mid-round pick, they do have quality options for returns. But, as you note, the best option will be a starting CB. Sure, you could use him for a punt or two a game, but would you want to use him on every one? I wouldn't.

Jackson is a decent PR, too, but he isn't in Roscoe's league.

I think Parrish is the type of player who may have a higher trade value after the draft.

I team that is hoping to draft a returner may be willing to part with a conditional pick in 2010 if they do not get who they want in this draft.

Why can't a guy return kicks/punts and be a starter. Many good players have done it.

Deon

McGee

Sayers

Metcalf