• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

!@#$ off, stojan. And I mean that.

99980[/snapback]

Done.

Now, can we talk about this love affair people have with this guy? He's good, yes. But lord almighty, what has he done? Like I said, a tiny budget AM station and a basically public access TV station. I'm sure he has his place in the Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame! :P

Since he got half his stuff off of this board...the least he could do was give US a heads up.....

We are after all....the loyal fans.....

99989[/snapback]

He will....I got an e-mail from him today. He was cleaning out his desk. He stated he will come here and post a "Thank you" to the folks of TBD.

Well for one he is always willing to inform the public about sports. He would attend the booster meetings as our media speaker whenever asked. He is a father and needs to support a family so when push comes to shove you do what you have to do.

Done.

Now, can we talk about this love affair people have with this guy? He's good, yes. But lord almighty, what has he done? Like I said, a tiny budget AM station and a basically public access TV station.  I'm sure he has his place in the Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame! :P

99995[/snapback]

Screw you!!!! He has been a fixture on local radio since the 80's He worked On-on-one sports on WBEN after the Stan Baron era (Who is a Hall of Famer) He was a beacon in the dark when all we had in local sports radio was ranting and raging and hate. He has always conducted himself with class, had great, intellegent guests and has taken to Buffalo as if he was raised here. The sports fans of this city love this guy because he has become one of us. He could have left town for a better deal when Empire fell apart, but loves this area and did everything he could, even financing his own show to make it work for himself and the people of Buffalo. How old are you? 22 or something like that. I'm 35 and it seems Howard has been part of my life as long as I remember.

I usually don't have an issue with you Steve, but know what you speak of before you open your inexperienced trap!!!

Screw you!!!! He has been a fixture on local radio since the 80's He worked On-on-one sports on WBEN after the Stan Baron era (Who is a Hall of Famer) He was a beacon in the dark when all we had in local sports radio was ranting and raging and hate. He has always conducted himself with class, had great, intellegent guests and has taken to Buffalo as if he was raised here. The sports fans of this city love this guy because he has become one of us. He could have left town for a better deal when Empire fell apart, but loves this area and did everything he could, even financing his own show to make it work for himself and the people of Buffalo.  How old are you? 22 or something like that. I'm 35 and it seems Howard has been part of my life as long as I remember.

I usually don't have an issue with you Steve, but know what you speak of before you open your inexperienced trap!!!

100014[/snapback]

See, again. Awfully touchy about this guy. Seriously - it's not like the guy died. He moved from a terrible AM station to a slightly better, yet still low budget cable station. I'm glad for you that he loves buffalo so much. But I still wouldnt get my shorts in a knot because I said he isnt the greatest the media has to offer.

To me, he is just a normal old guy*, from Buffalo. That's why I like him. But that's also why he'll never go anywhere further than WGR-NewsRadio55! and Empire Sports Network!....

I'm 25, and I love when people bring my age into it. Means nothing.

*and I dont mean old as in age... I mean old as in ol' ... like "i was having a good old time. "

:blink: He needs to get GR to start streaming online so us out of towners can still listen. I need my Bills info. Is there any other broadcasts of any Bills shows on the internet? I know about the thursday Bills report show. When is Eric Moulds show on empire and any other player or coaches shows? :P

A little digging has confirmed that all three moring guys have been let go.

Jeremy White is going to be doing Sports in the morning with Howard starting tomorrow and the Nighttime show with Riter will be just Riter.

I'm not so happy about that. I love the way Brad and Jeremy play off each other.

Stojanovich, why all the vinegar?

Who the !@#$ cares what the guy's credentials are? He provided a service and many of us appreciated it, especially because he was always objective about things. Which can't be said for the other local radio personalities in Buff.

Does anybody know if any plans are being made to stream WGR on the net......

Or are my days of watching the bills going to now be restricted to NFL Sunday ticket for the rest of  my life.....

That damn show was the one thing I looked forward to on my lunch hour.......

100026[/snapback]

I had an email conversation with the GM a couple months back and there were no streaming plans since they do not see the financial benefits.

HOWARD!!! PLEASE!!! CONVINCE THEM TO STREAM!!

Stojanovich, why all the vinegar?

Who the !@#$ cares what the guy's credentials are? He provided a service and many of us appreciated it, especially because he was always objective about things. Which can't be said for the other local radio personalities in Buff.

100040[/snapback]

You're right. Im sorry.

Done.

Now, can we talk about this love affair people have with this guy? He's good, yes. But lord almighty, what has he done? Like I said, a tiny budget AM station and a basically public access TV station.  I'm sure he has his place in the Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame! :P

99995[/snapback]

Kinda' like Survivor or American Idol, the SimonCast never pretended to be more than what it was.

For those of us fortunate enough to regularly catch his show on Empire (via DTV or local), it was great to hear all of the latest news and opinions. Nobody said he's the next Walter Cronkite, but like Cronkite, you get used to having him in your livingroom everyday, you get to "know" him. I know you can appreciate that.

Done.

99995[/snapback]

You apparently weren't watching back when Empire actually had the money to do things right - when they sent a full crew to every road game, and the "Bills on Monday" programming block matched up well against any regional sports network coverage in the country. The good people still working there have been fighting a valiant - but losing - battle ever since the whole Adelphia mess started. What you see on there today is a far cry from what Empire once was.

And that's a damn dirty shame.

As for Howard? He IS good. Best in the market, IMO, and it's not even close. But once WNSA folded up shop, the Entercom/Citadel/Infinity stranglehold on the local airwaves didn't leave much room for someone looking to pick up an 3-hour afternoon slot - sports talk doesn't draw the listeners that even a mediocre "classic rock" station can. It just doesn't. He knew it would be an uphill climb to make the Simoncast work, but he gave it a heck of a shot anyway.

And if WBEN is the "terrible AM radio station" he left to go to Empire, then you may want to get your facts straight about Buffalo radio of the early-to-mid '90s.

Kinda' like Survivor or American Idol, the SimonCast never pretended to be more than what it was. 

For those of us fortunate enough to regularly catch his show on Empire (via DTV or local), it was great to hear all of the latest news and opinions.  Nobody said he's the next Walter Cronkite, but like Cronkite, you get used to having him in your livingroom everyday, you get to "know" him.  I know you can appreciate that.

100050[/snapback]

I for one am really going to miss Howard. He was there as soon as I get home every day, feeding me the latest information on the Bills and Sabres and whatever other sports news there was. I wish he was still doing the Bills post game show on Empire, that was always a rather entertaining show and Howard always would tell it the way it was. He might not be the greatest radio/tv personality out there but he always brought some entertainment and knowledge to the table that every sportscaster in Buffalo would be envious of.

Good Luck in your new ventures Howard!! Us out-of-towners are really going to miss you.

See, again. Awfully touchy about this guy. Seriously - it's not like the guy died. He moved from a terrible AM station to a slightly better, yet still low budget cable station. I'm glad for you that he loves buffalo so much. But I still wouldnt get my shorts in a knot because I said he isnt the greatest the media has to offer.

To me, he is just a normal old guy*, from Buffalo. That's why I like him. But that's also why he'll never go anywhere further than WGR-NewsRadio55! and Empire Sports Network!....

I'm 25, and I love when people bring my age into it. Means nothing.

*and I dont mean old as in age... I mean old as in ol' ... like "i was having a good old time. "

Hey you 25yr old Punk, Howard is 'King of all Media'!!!!! :P:blink::w00t:

I was never a GR hater,I was really disappointed when they shipped Coach out for Schope,but slowly have grown to enjoy the programing..I also was one of those people who enjoyed Riter and Whitey and thought they were really starting to click in the evening hours..Bob Gounge can be annoying at times in the morning but with the 3 of them it was light comedy with some pretty good sports talk,Ticked off Thursday was great and Stone Cold Lock Friday...they will be missed.. :P

Simon is good,but it's too bad they had to shake up the supporting cast like that..I personally wouldn't mind seeing them get rid of Couherd from 10am to noon and bring back the mid morning show..

Screw you too, if Kevin Bob and Puff were any good they wouldn't be being replaced. The radio station is a business not SAlvation Army.

Retred failures are not consistantly in the top 3 in their timeslot as Howard usually is.

100362[/snapback]

Top THree in Timeslot my ass--------Howard got No ratings

You apparently weren't watching back when Empire actually had the money to do things right - when they sent a full crew to every road game, and the "Bills on Monday" programming block matched up well against any regional sports network coverage in the country. The good people still working there have been fighting a valiant - but losing - battle ever since the whole Adelphia mess started. What you see on there today is a far cry from what Empire once was.

And that's a damn dirty shame.

As for Howard? He IS good. Best in the market, IMO, and it's not even close. But once WNSA folded up shop, the Entercom/Citadel/Infinity stranglehold on the local airwaves didn't leave much room for someone looking to pick up an 3-hour afternoon slot - sports talk doesn't draw the listeners that even a mediocre "classic rock" station can. It just doesn't. He knew it would be an uphill climb to make the Simoncast work, but he gave it a heck of a shot anyway.

And if WBEN is the "terrible AM radio station" he left to go to Empire, then you may want to get your facts straight about Buffalo radio of the early-to-mid '90s.

100062[/snapback]

Exactly right, Lori. I still miss "Fan TV" and the Bills postgame show. For realtime WNY sports news and opinions, Empire was an oasis in the desert for out-of-towners like myself. I'll probably be cancelling my sports package on DTV any day now. :blink: Good luck, Howard...try to convince your new employers to stream live. They're crazy if they can't see the benefits. :P

Howard...try to convince your new employers to stream live. They're crazy if they can't see the benefits.  :P

100369[/snapback]

Much as I'd like to see that happen.... doubtful. Out-of-town Internet listeners don't shop at local advertisers, and they aren't counted by Arbitron.

i just dont see how it is so hard to read the conversation before asking about things that were already discussed. Furthermore I dont see why there has to be 4 threads covering the same subject when the 1st thread has been atop the page for the whole day.

buffalomike = darthokeefe = spikedlemonade??

100370[/snapback]

i just dont see how it is so hard to read the conversation before asking about things that were already discussed. Furthermore I dont see why there has to be 4 threads covering the same subject when the 1st thread has been atop the page for the whole day.

Yeah well I don't see why you have your panties so bunched up over it, but I do find it amusing. :D

WOW, I really feel bad for the Puff Man after just losing his father. Kevin's wife is due next month.  I talked with all of them on Sunday and I don't think they had a clue they were going to be losing there job.

Maybe they can start a show called mmmmm.... Hey how about FanTV on Empire??? :D

Hey, Hammer...

Looking at GR's "event" page, and it says the pregame broadcasts are at the Big Tree?

WTF? Or is that something completely different than the setup in your lot?

Don't want to be an American idiot. One nation controlled by the media. Information age of hysteria. It's going out to IDIOT America.

Love your signature!

A person is smart, people are stupid. MIB

Don't want to be an American idiot. One nation controlled by the media. Information age of hysteria. It's going out to IDIOT America.

Love your signature!

A person is smart, people are stupid.  MIB

?