Buffalo loves Levitre

If we use a 2nd on Levitre then we need to clean house in the front office. This guy was abused at the combine in drills, he was average his senior year. He has short arms and my lasting impression of this guy is Ayers and Veikune absolutely bull rushing him at combine and dumping him on his ass.

NO TO LEVITRE.....PLEASE

And Ayers is just another of the very overrated DE's in this year's class

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And Ayers is just another of the very overrated DE's in this year's class

Yep. It's just another repeat of the Raji versus Mack at the Senior Bowl silliness. Depending on who you believe Raji dominated Mack or Mack dominated Raji.

Probably all of these guys are great football players. Some will match up well against others and some not. I love Ayers but I wouldn't say that Levitre is now a rag doll. There's probably a very good reason that the consensus of scouts has him rated so highly. What if we found out that Levitre dominated Peria Jerry in one on one drills? What would that mean?

Yep. It's just another repeat of the Raji versus Mack at the Senior Bowl silliness. Depending on who you believe Raji dominated Mack or Mack dominated Raji.

Probably all of these guys are great football players. Some will match up well against others and some not. I love Ayers but I wouldn't say that Levitre is now a rag doll. There's probably a very good reason that the consensus of scouts has him rated so highly. What if we found out that Levitre dominated Peria Jerry in one on one drills? What would that mean?

Pettigrew!

:thumbdown:

I'm with you on this one. Robinson was who I was hoping for a couple weeks ago, then after reading of his lazy work habit and that he is more of a mauler, not a fit for the zone blocking scheme, Levitre moved up to the top of my wish list. I also think he's gonna be a good gaurd in the pros. I wouldnt mind picking him up in the second round, ideally third.

We at DraftTek have him going to Frisco at #74. We draft #75 in the Third.

Astro

We at DraftTek have him going to Frisco at #74. We draft #75 in the Third.

Astro

There's a big difference if we take him in the 3rd vs the 2nd. In the second round there could be some big time names left when we pick......English, Beatty, Sintim, Mack, Matthews. Levitre in the third after already securing Ayers and a LB might be ok.

Jamon Meredith, Duke Robinson, and Kraig Urbik all better in my opinion (which obviosuly doesn't matter)

Furthermore, I will take Kendall Simmons over Levitre especially when we have LB, DE, TE, and S needs to fill.

Randy Cross raved about Levitre. He called him a perfect fit for Pittsburgh of New England. Every now and then these guys go early and I have no idea how long he will last, but he sounds like a great fit in Buffalo imo.

You were reading my mind. I was thinking back to when the Patriots took Logan Mankins with the 32nd and final pick of the 1st round in 2005. The pick was roundly considered a reach by most draft experts. Mankins made All Pro in 2007 and played in the Pro Bowl in 2007 and 2008. Generally guards are not supposed to be selected in the 1st round. Levitre will probably go in the 2nd. I would be overjoyed if he was available at #75.

You were reading my mind. I was thinking back to when the Patriots took Logan Mankins with the 32nd and final pick of the 1st round in 2005. The pick was roundly considered a reach by most draft experts. Mankins made All Pro in 2007 and played in the Pro Bowl in 2007 and 2008. Generally guards are not supposed to be selected in the 1st round. Levitre will probably go in the 2nd. I would be overjoyed if he was available at #75.

I think a lot depends on Peters SJBF. If they trade him, one would think that even Jauron and company would draft in terms of his replacement in round 1. I don't think they could line up two rookies next to eachother and win many games.

I think a lot depends on Peters SJBF. If they trade him, one would think that even Jauron and company would draft in terms of his replacement in round 1. I don't think they could line up two rookies next to eachother and win many games.

I don't think Jauron and Co. could line up 11 pro-bowlers and win many games.