Wonderlic scores

Here are the scores for a few players as we approach the draft

http://www.faniq.com/blog/2009-NFL-Wonderl...sses-Blog-20999

It will be interesting to see if low,low scores will affect where some of these players are drafted. Four years of college and only scoring a 15; what a shame.

The all time low is a 4 by Darren Davis, a running back from Iowa State who scored a 4. He graduated college!! Man, Iowa State takes their football program very seriously. :censored:

Linkage

Former Giants defensive end speaks to CSN students about life

Written by NaplesNews.com

Wednesday, 05 March 2008

While starting his non-profit Game Plan Foundation, which assists retired NFL players, Leonard Marshall made a startling discovery: Despite making millions of dollars in the league, some of the former players, Marshall found, are functionally illiterate.

And people wonder why a lot of NFL players expect things to be handed to them and to be treated like Gods. If a guy can get through high school and college while being functionally illiterate a lot of grade inflation and/or having people do your homework for you is going on. So it's no wonder they feel their crap doesn't stink!

A friend of mine went to Geneseo and at a party he looked at a hockey players text book and one chapter was titled; "Recognizing Ideas" :rolleyes:

The all time low is a 4 by Darren Davis, a running back from Iowa State who scored a 4. He graduated college!! Man, Iowa State takes their football program very seriously. :censored:

Linkage

Wednesday, 05 March 2008

While starting his non-profit Game Plan Foundation, which assists retired NFL players, Leonard Marshall made a startling discovery: Despite making millions of dollars in the league, some of the former players, Marshall found, are functionally illiterate.

And people wonder why a lot of NFL players expect things to be handed to them and to be treated like Gods. If a guy can get through high school and college while being functionally illiterate a lot of grade inflation and/or having people do your homework for you is going on. So it's no wonder they feel their crap doesn't stink!

A friend of mine went to Geneseo and at a party he looked at a hockey players text book and one chapter was titled; "Recognizing Ideas" :rolleyes:

there might be something to that theory where a lot of the "less intelligent" folks in the NFL get their entitlement mentality from...

who has the lowest wonderlic on the bills? jason peters?

I am liking Matthews more and more. Between what he does well. And what the Bills need, i think he might be the Bills guy at 11. I know it is a little high for him. Perfect scenario would be tradeing back and getting him in mid teens somewhere. But between him and Poz, i believe you would have a very good LB nucleus for sometime. Bills have to get an OLB, that can cover and also apply some pressure. Two things Matthews does well. The wonderlic does show he has some intelligence. Which translates into being able to pick up the defensive playbook. Everyone else there was like go figure.

The last thing i would want is a Wr with a low wonderlic. Talk about a transition. Being not too bright and trying to learn the playbook and how to read defenses on the fly. That is a deadly combo.

Here are the scores for a few players as we approach the draft

http://www.faniq.com/blog/2009-NFL-Wonderl...sses-Blog-20999

It will be interesting to see if low,low scores will affect where some of these players are drafted. Four years of college and only scoring a 15; what a shame.

I have new respect for General Managers. Selecting players after seeing all of these scores must be tough. Then you have to pay them Millions and hope they produce.

The all time low is a 4 by Darren Davis, a running back from Iowa State who scored a 4. He graduated college!! Man, Iowa State takes their football program very seriously. :P

Linkage

Wednesday, 05 March 2008

A friend of mine went to Geneseo and at a party he looked at a hockey players text book and one chapter was titled; "Recognizing Ideas" <_<

Wow, that must have be some rager if they are looking at textbooks. :o

Seriously how do you score a 4 on the Wonderlic?

Anyone know what Marshawn and Leodis scored? :P

Enough to make millions of dollars. :o

And Lynch did go to one of the best schools in the country. Supposedly, he got a 14 then improved to a 42. And McKelvin scored a 13 and 34, which is very respectable. http://potencial.wordpress.com/2008/03/23/...nderlic-scores/ But he talks different so he must be dumb. Classy. <_<

Wow, Ebon Britton scored a 31?? Could we get him with the Peters pick, say #21? Grab a LB at #11, then a pass rushing DE in the second and a TE in the third (since it's such a deep class this year)?

So now that you know his wonderlic score, you want to draft him?

Wow, Ebon Britton scored a 31?? Could we get him with the Peters pick, say #21? Grab a LB at #11, then a pass rushing DE in the second and a TE in the third (since it's such a deep class this year)?

Yes, the overemphasis on numbers again, whether it's a 40 time, a bench press, and now in this case a Wonderlich score.

By the way, Dan Marino (as most here know because we do go around in circles) scored a 15 which you wouldn't think is exactly HOF QB territory.

So now that you know his wonderlic score, you want to draft him?

Wow, just a thought. Take your Midol and relax...

Yes, the overemphasis on numbers again, whether it's a 40 time, a bench press, and now in this case a Wonderlich score.

By the way, Dan Marino (as most here know because we do go around in circles) scored a 15 which you wouldn't think is exactly HOF QB territory.

I like having smart players. Belichick has done wonders with them. The guy is obviously a capable athlete. Being that bright is the icing on the cake.