This organization is becoming a real embarassment

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Between Whitner's arrest, Marshawn's troubles, James Hardy turning a gun on his own father for crying out loud, and signing a guy like Owens (nothing like the other 3 but just a 3 ring circus of media attention he brings) ....it really is getting bad around here.

The things that we made fun of Miami and Cincy for over the years....we are now one of those teams.

And oh, NFL fans that act holier then thou about this sport, you have WELL surpassed the NBA, a league that a lot of you shun upon because of 'thugs' as the league with the worst thugs, and it is not even CLOSE.

NFL players are human like everyone else and fully capable of breaking the law. For the most part the current players on the Bills roster are of good character and it seems unfair to point the finger at the Buffalo Bills organization in my opinion.

Whats your solution?

The organization should be embarassed for being losers not trouble makers. I don't care what these guys do off the field. Marv, Dick, Russ, and everyone else in the front office can't pick players that make a difference on or off the field. Let's be serious. You want to put a bunch of young guys with a lot of money under a microscope and it doesn't matter if they are in the NFL, NBA, or YMCA - they are going to get into trouble.

Do you like fish sticks?

So you don't care what they do off the field? How about Lynch, what he does off the field is now hurting the team on the field. It is all one big picture.

I am not embarassed and have no reason to be, but the organization should be without question.

Right...

"We have been an embarassment in the FO for the better part of a decade"

"We have truly become the joke of the NFL in all aspects"

a few more reasons to be embarassed have occurred"

NFL players are human like everyone else and fully capable of breaking the law. For the most part the current players on the Bills roster are of good character and it seems unfair to point the finger at the Buffalo Bills organization in my opinion.

Whats your solution?

There is none...

The Bills have had some bad luck lately...Though I admit this is not exactly a group of do-gooders anymore either...The Ko Simpson thing was drunken stupidity...Marshawn is VERY immature and needs to grow the **** up...I think He will now...It sounds to Me like Whitner was trying to get His Cousin out of a potentially life threatening situation...I have to say that if My Cousin was headed for trouble with Guys who had Guns I would try to get Him the hell out too...Unfortunately for Donte it was the Cops who were trying to hold Him back...But still...He acted out enough to get stun-gunned...I'm sure He would handle it differently if it all happened over again...

It's not just The Bills Organization...These are not really bad guys as much as they are dumb and immature at times...As much as I disliked the Whitner Pick, and I'm still not a big Fan, I think He is a decent Guy...Just made a mistake in a panic that's all...Thank God no one got shot... :flirt:

Guest dog14787
So you don't care what they do off the field? How about Lynch, what he does off the field is now hurting the team on the field. It is all one big picture.

I realize you are reacting to a previous poster but how is what Lynch did off the field the organization's fault? What would you like them to do because if you have a solution I'm sure every team in league wants to hear it.

Why do people get so upset about this stuff? Donte Whitner is a human like everyone else. People get arrested for this sort of thing all the time. I don't understand how people seem to think that because people have millions of dollars and in the NFL that somehow they are above doing this sort of thing?

Remember just because someone got arrested doesn't mean they are guilty of anything.

The organization can't help what these guys do off the field. They are young, rich, well known in their circles, and have a long off season.

In Whitner's case, don't rush to judgement. He plans to open a suit against the police department for a reason, saying what happened was totally unnecessary. We will see what comes of it.

These things happen, you just have to hope that some sort of personal responsibility and lesson come from them.

Between Whitner's arrest, Marshawn's troubles, James Hardy turning a gun on his own father for crying out loud, and signing a guy like Owens (nothing like the other 3 but just a 3 ring circus of media attention he brings) ....it really is getting bad around here.

The things that we made fun of Miami and Cincy for over the years....we are now one of those teams.

And oh, NFL fans that act holier then thou about this sport, you have WELL surpassed the NBA, a league that a lot of you shun upon because of 'thugs' as the league with the worst thugs, and it is not even CLOSE.

Oddly enough, I don't think Owens has ever been arrested for anything. I believe the only thing related to lawlessness him was that bizarre drug overdose thing a couple of years ago. He may be the role model for Marshawn, James, Ko, and Donte.

I thought Levy drafted high character players. 2 of his 3 picks have been arrested and the other is a bust.

I'd like to see how this plays out first. Thing is, the Bills are in the news for all the wrong reasons lately and I almost wish there wasn't as much coverage of the NFL. Mike Ditka had a DWI before the SB in 86 and no one knew about it. That would be all over the news 5 minutes after he was pulled over nowadays.

I think many fans are making more of all this than it's worth.

better if it didn't happen, but to go ALL THE WAY to the other side to say that the organization is an embarrassment because of it says a lot about the fan base, too. So quick to react. So sensitive. So quick to turn on itself. So eager to pull the trigger of judgment. Even eager to take a dump on one of its great heroes, Levy.

You want embarrassing? Bills fans have said and done more to embarrass the organization than the organization itself.

In time nobody will be talking about the Whitner event in Cleveland. It won't matter a whit.

There is none...

The Bills have had some bad luck lately...Though I admit this is not exactly a group of do-gooders anymore either...The Ko Simpson thing was drunken stupidity...Marshawn is VERY immature and needs to grow the **** up...I think He will now...It sounds to Me like Whitner was trying to get His Cousin out of a potentially life threatening situation...I have to say that if My Cousin was headed for trouble with Guys who had Guns I would try to get Him the hell out too...Unfortunately for Donte it was the Cops who were trying to hold Him back...But still...He acted out enough to get stun-gunned...I'm sure He would handle it differently if it all happened over again...

It's not just The Bills Organization...These are not really bad guys as much as they are dumb and immature at times...As much as I disliked the Whitner Pick, and I'm still not a big Fan, I think He is a decent Guy...Just made a mistake in a panic that's all...Thank God no one got shot... :blink:

Hooray for randomly capitalized words! :flirt:

Hooray for randomly capitalized words! :flirt:

Well it's a good thing the capitol letter police were here... :blink:

I do it on purpose...It's My style...It's most definitely incorrect...And I could not possibly care less if You don't like it... :thumbsup:

Do you want to know why you hear about more NFL players getting into trouble than NBA players? Because there are about 400 NBA players and about 1,600 NFL players.

NFL fans will stop at nothing to justify its actions will they?

Sad.

I kept running over fat Canadian women all around Elmwood Avenue back then...the problem is, these guys keep getting caught.

:flirt:

guess there's no accounting for taste or shame. but then, you did insert the funny face, so i guess that makes it right to make fun of hit-and-run accidents and attempting to get away with them. wow.

jw

I dont think it is fair at this point to get to upset about Whitner. He was in a bar fight-it happens. I am embarrased with ML for getting in trouble twice(the first one is a freebie and can be chalked up tp young, dumb, and full of ***) but after that you should know better. Ko Simpson really didnt do much wrong besides make himself sound like an idiot, and Hargrove seems like a young man in need of help(the Drug suspensions and problems with the law).It seems like alot right now because when it rains it pours, but in the grand scheme of things all fairly minor stuff. I guess if I could delete one thing it would be ML first run in with the law because he probably should have manned up and took responsibilty for what he did, but that probably would have cost him millions in civil court. Maybe Ko could have loaned him some money.