This organization is becoming a real embarassment

Repeat: I think many fans are making more of all this than it's worth.

better if it didn't happen, but to go ALL THE WAY to the other side to say that the organization is an embarrassment because of it says a lot about the fan base, too. So quick to react. So sensitive. So quick to turn on itself. So eager to pull the trigger of judgment. Even eager to take a dump on one of its great heroes, Levy.

You want embarrassing? Bills fans have said and done more to embarrass the organization than the organization itself.

In time nobody will be talking about the Whitner event in Cleveland. It won't matter a whit.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills alone have had what, 3 run ins with the law in the last 4 months? I don't recall any from the NBA, much less 4. So the Bills alone have had more problems than the entire NBA, so your point is mute. The NFL has what 4-5 times as many players as the NBA and at least 10 times as many arrests.

yeah NBA players are too busy to get arrested, they have stuff to do like go into the stands and fight the fans.

But as far as comparing NBA players to NFL players isn't the same. To me it seems like the more higher profile athletes get in trouble in the NBA than the NFL. Most of these NFL players that get arrested now are mostly low profile players, Mike Vick is the exception. Look at the NBA, Kobe, Carmelo, Jason Kidd, Allen Iverson, Chauncey Billups, Marbury, Jermaine O'Neal, Rasheed Wallace, Jason Richardson, Joe Smith, Gilbert Arenas have all been arrested.

A lot of this can be attributed from lack of time in college

Link

"Players going to the NBA after just one year of college have

been arrested at a 21% clip. Sophomore's have been arrested

at a 46% rate. While percentages show that leaving college

after three years creates a 40% chance of being arrested.

However, the rate drops significantly for college graduates. A

mere 14% were arrested during the same time period and under

the same research guidelines."

Between Whitner's arrest, Marshawn's troubles, James Hardy turning a gun on his own father for crying out loud, and signing a guy like Owens (nothing like the other 3 but just a 3 ring circus of media attention he brings) ....it really is getting bad around here.

The things that we made fun of Miami and Cincy for over the years....we are now one of those teams.

And oh, NFL fans that act holier then thou about this sport, you have WELL surpassed the NBA, a league that a lot of you shun upon because of 'thugs' as the league with the worst thugs, and it is not even CLOSE.

OJ,DUNAWAY,..to lesser extent LOFTON..we have some way heavier duty guys from the past.

The players "love" Jauron...is it any wonder? Coach has no control over his players and therefore they act like complete idiots. I know, they are "grown men" and should know better...BUT, with a coach who tries to earn their respect by giving them the benefit of every doubt, you are left with a rudderless ship here.

Dick- here's a play for you:

* Call a team meeting- even if its a conference call. They can figure that out.

* Lay it down... no more. He will get rid of these overpriced 4th grade educated clowns

* strip the "C" from big Donte

* Make Whitner call the United Way and pull his stupid "I am a good example" ad from TV.

Who's in charge here dick? Your team is making a fool of you and your "respect the players as men" spoof. All your ivy-speak is just making it worse. Is it really that complicated?

Guest dog14787
The players "love" Jauron...is it any wonder? Coach has no control over his players and therefore they act like complete idiots. I know, they are "grown men" and should know better...BUT, with a coach who tries to earn their respect by giving them the benefit of every doubt, you are left with a rudderless ship here.

Dick- here's a play for you:

* Call a team meeting- even if its a conference call. They can figure that out.

* Lay it down... no more. He will get rid of these overpriced 4th grade educated clowns

* strip the "C" from big Donte

* Make Whitner call the United Way and pull his stupid "I am a good example" ad from TV.

Who's in charge here dick? Your team is making a fool of you and your "respect the players as men" spoof. All your ivy-speak is just making it worse. Is it really that complicated?

Blaming human nature on the coaching staff or the organization are both a little far fetched and these are not 4th graders we are talking about, their grown men. Its not up to the coaching staff or the organization to baby sit them like a bunch of kids.

It doesn't matter how rich you are, how smart you are, or what kind of occupation you have, even if your the president of the good old USA. We are all human and we all make mistakes, when we do Society makes us pay for them mistakes and then we pick up the pieces and move on.

Just like I expect Whitner and Lynchn to do, pick up the pieces and move on.

guess there's no accounting for taste or shame. but then, you did insert the funny face, so i guess that makes it right to make fun of hit-and-run accidents and attempting to get away with them. wow.

jw

Of all the negative things that have gone down with Bills players, I find the "clever" reference, by many here, of the woman that Lynch hit as a "fat Canadian chick" to be pretty reprehensible. Whether she was drunk or not, slim or fat, sober or drunk, does not justify anything Lynch did. That is an old story. This board is littered with hypocrisies. But, Lynch's behavior is "okay", because all of the TSW armchair psychiatrists think it was just a youthful indiscretion. We all did stuff like that when we were in our early 20's, didn't we? The gun charges aside, Lynch is loved by his teammates, so everything should be great...he has learned his lesson... :wacko:

Blaming human nature on the coaching staff or the organization are both a little far fetched and these are not 4th graders we are talking about, their grown men. Its not up to the coaching staff or the organization to baby sit them like a bunch of kids.

It doesn't matter how rich you are, how smart you are, or what kind of occupation you have, even if your the president of the good old USA. We are all human and we all make mistakes, when we do Society makes us pay for them mistakes and then we pick up the pieces and move on.

Just like I expect Whitner and Lynchn to do, pick up the pieces and move on.

It's not as much "blame" as it is "responsibility" and "accountability". Goodell understands it- and it is why Marshawn gets 3 games. Maybe teams cannot enforce fines and it is a league issue (I do not know)...but it most certainly makes Jauron look like a neutered dog.

Your comparison to the president is interesting, but I am not sure what your connection is. Clinton? Yeah- he put his Jauron in some young co-ed's speaking parts when he should not have...and lied about it. Human nature? whatever. Screwed up? Big time and it's unnaceptable. If you are talking about Bush and all his mistakes...that is as much about his entire organization of people...and yes, that is a reflection on him.

The whole "pick up the pieces and move on" is the answer every player has for these issues. Pat the chest and give a "my bad". Funny how that doesn't seem to work that well anywhere else in the "real world". I agree it should NOT be the coach's job to babysit...but these guys clearly cannot babysit themselves. Seriously, for $3,000,000 a year they should hire their own babysitters.

Tom Coughlin was HATED by his players for his strictness when he got to NY, and guess what...he set the tempo and turned that program around.

Whitner's latest? He's gonna sue. Classic blame someone else. That's a grown man? C'mon.

It's not as much "blame" as it is "responsibility" and "accountability". Goodell understands it- and it is why Marshawn gets 3 games. Maybe teams cannot enforce fines and it is a league issue (I do not know)...but it most certainly makes Jauron look like a neutered dog.

Your comparison to the president is interesting, but I am not sure what your connection is. Clinton? Yeah- he put his Jauron in some young co-ed's speaking parts when he should not have...and lied about it. Human nature? whatever. Screwed up? Big time and it's unnaceptable. If you are talking about Bush and all his mistakes...that is as much about his entire organization of people...and yes, that is a reflection on him.

The whole "pick up the pieces and move on" is the answer every player has for these issues. Pat the chest and give a "my bad". Funny how that doesn't seem to work that well anywhere else in the "real world". I agree it should NOT be the coach's job to babysit...but these guys clearly cannot babysit themselves. Seriously, for $3,000,000 a year they should hire their own babysitters.

Tom Coughlin was HATED by his players for his strictness when he got to NY, and guess what...he set the tempo and turned that program around.

Whitner's latest? He's gonna sue. Classic blame someone else. That's a grown man? C'mon.

Really? Tom Coughlin?? Wasn't he there during the whole "Tikki" incident?? He's still the coach, right? So he then bears the "gun" incident involving Plex, right??

/argument fail :lol:

Really? Tom Coughlin?? Wasn't he there during the whole "Tikki" incident?? He's still the coach, right? So he then bears the "gun" incident involving Plex, right??

/argument fail :lol:

You're kidding, right? You just didn't put 2 and 11 together in some freakish bid to equal 402, huh?

First, who's Tikki? And second, if you're referring to Tiki Barber saying the Giants are cooked without him, then I guess he was proven wrong because the team did happen to go out and win a Super Bowl. But why argue facts.

As for "Plex," I'm guessing you're going out on the slim limb of supposition to suggest that at some point before, or maybe after, Burress entered the nightclub, Coughlin thrust this gun down Plaxico Burress' sweatpants and pulled the trigger. Hey, maybe he even loaded the bullets and told Plaxico, "No, no, this is a great idea. Maybe, just maybe, you should carry two, hell, three guns!"

If that's what you're suggesting happened, then go for it.

You at least got one thing right, as I'm assuming this reference to "argument fail" was in regards to your own, right?

jw

Guest dog14787

My point is everyone makes mistakes and as adults the choices we make are ours to make. To suggest that the company or Organization you work for should have somehow seen it coming or has to baby sit you 24/7, with all due respect is in my opinion unrealistic.

You're kidding, right? You just didn't put 2 and 11 together in some freakish bid to equal 402, huh?

First, who's Tikki? And second, if you're referring to Tiki Barber saying the Giants are cooked without him, then I guess he was proven wrong because the team did happen to go out and win a Super Bowl. But why argue facts.

As for "Plex," I'm guessing you're going out on the slim limb of supposition to suggest that at some point before, or maybe after, Burress entered the nightclub, Coughlin thrust this gun down Plaxico Burress' sweatpants and pulled the trigger. Hey, maybe he even loaded the bullets and told Plaxico, "No, no, this is a great idea. Maybe, just maybe, you should carry two, hell, three guns!"

If that's what you're suggesting happened, then go for it.

You at least got one thing right, as I'm assuming this reference to "argument fail" was in regards to your own, right?

jw

Uh, you were blaming Jauron for the recent "troubles" our players have had. How is that NOT the same thing as blaming Coughlin for their problems??

And pardon my inability to spell "Tiki" correctly, that obviously means I know nothing about Football :rolleyes:

Go back and read your posts, YOU assumed our coach should be blamed, then brought up what a great job Coughlin has done controlling his team. Spin it how you want, you were wrong...

I agree, the fans in Western New York or Bills fans in general can no longer criticize Bengals or Cowboys fans,we have become a clone of the Bengals. We have been an embarassment in the FO for the better part of a decade, but at lease we kept high character players and weren't a walking police blotter. We have truly become the joke of the NFL in all aspects now. Lynch, Simpson, Whitner, Hardy among others not to mention they add the biggest A-hole in the NFL to the team in Owens. When Marv Levy says act like you have been there before, he didn't mean in a jail cell. I don' think it can get any worse, but I thought that a few months ago too, and a few more reasons to be embarassed have occurred. Where do we go from here?

you won't be saying a-hole when the bills offense finally has some weapons and scores. Look for an upset and Tom brady limps off the field with no backup. :rolleyes:

Why do people get so upset about this stuff? Donte Whitner is a human like everyone else. People get arrested for this sort of thing all the time. I don't understand how people seem to think that because people have millions of dollars and in the NFL that somehow they are above doing this sort of thing?

Remember just because someone got arrested doesn't mean they are guilty of anything.

Truth. I was arrested four times last week but I did nothing to make me feel guilty. :rolleyes:

Uh, you were blaming Jauron for the recent "troubles" our players have had. How is that NOT the same thing as blaming Coughlin for their problems??

And pardon my inability to spell "Tiki" correctly, that obviously means I know nothing about Football :(

Go back and read your posts, YOU assumed our coach should be blamed, then brought up what a great job Coughlin has done controlling his team. Spin it how you want, you were wrong...

um, when did i blame jauron for the bills troubles? evidently, spelling might be the least of your problems.

jw