T. Graham's new Peters article

Another question is whether or not Peters even really wants to be in Buffalo. Buffalo isn't exactly winning championships and the front office refused to negotiate on his deal all of last year. Believe it or not, some people can take it personal when someone smugly decides negotiations are unilateral and "plays hard ball" to ultimately everyone's expense. The demands may not be "retarded" at all; they may simply be the extreme demands of a player that is fed up with the front office (remember the genius that was the Couiseau negotiation? Front office people not even meeting with the kid because they had better things to do?) and wants to play his cards and move on.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone on another board said that on NFL Total Access today they said the Bills offered Peters $9.75 million, which is what Jordan Gross got, and Parker/Peters want 11 million. If this is true, I think he signs before the draft or shortly thereafter.

Anyone else see Total Access today?

Someone on another board said that on NFL Total Access today they said the Bills offered Peters $9.75 million, which is what Jordan Gross got, and Parker/Peters want 11 million. If this is true, I think he signs before the draft or shortly thereafter.

Joe F did:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1385463

Progress is good news, IMO.

I did (sorry I am just posting). It was Mike Lombardi whose track record is a little wavy. He said that there is a 75% chance of trade...but I think Lombardi is in Parker's pocket trying to get another 1/2 Million a year for Jason Peters. I agree with you--I took it as this thing is going to get done.

Whoa, if that's true Peters better run to the bank.

I did. It was Mike Lombardi whose track record is a little wavy. He said that there is a 75% chance of trade...but I think Lombardi is in Parker's pocket trying to get another 1/2 Million a year for Jason Peters. I agree with you--I took it as this thing is going to get done.

What makes this so odd, is Lombardi is reporting movement on the Bills side to $9.75 AND that there is a 75% chance Peters will be traded on the same day. Did that go down from a 95% chance yesterday? :devil:

I did (sorry I am just posting). It was Mike Lombardi whose track record is a little wavy. He said that there is a 75% chance of trade...but I think Lombardi is in Parker's pocket trying to get another 1/2 Million a year for Jason Peters. I agree with you--I took it as this thing is going to get done.

Thanks. Man, 9.75 mil they offer for the worst LT in football?

What makes this so odd, is Lombardi is reporting movement on the Bills side to $9.75 AND that there is a 75% chance Peters will be traded on the same day. Did that go down from a 95% chance yesterday? :devil:

Any links on any of this??

Any links on any of this??

I don't see any yet, it was on NFL network, I think.

I did see this, though:

4.The Bills will listen to trade offers for two of their players -- Jason Peters, their starting left tackle, and Roscoe Parrish, their slot receiver and returner. Both have unique talents, and Peters should be able to command a high price. I strongly doubt the Bills would be able to replace Peters in the draft at No. 12 and doubt even more that moving him would help their team win in 2009. Left tackles are always hard to find, and to trade one never seems to make sense in my world. Parrish is a wild card for me. I've always liked his skill level and talent, but it never seems to translate to the football field. Something is missing in his game, and that baffles me. For someone with his talent to score just one touchdown last year is mind boggling. The Bills need to win next season to save the head coach's job and many other jobs in the organization. Adding more picks for players might look good on paper, but it will not help the coach in 2009.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11625793

Posturing at it's best. If it's true, I'm glad Buffalo is making an effort to close the gap. At this stage of the game, I just don't see $1.25 Million nixing the deal. Parkers agent is doing what he is suppose to do for his client, all though I hate the holding out tactics that he typically uses. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up getting a deal done for $10 Million a year + incentives that could reach over $11 Million a season.

My guess is that it will be somewhere in the ballpark of 6 year $60 Million with incentives that could take it to $70 Million with $30 Mill gauranteed. Then again, he could be traded as well.

Posturing at it's best. If it's true, I'm glad Buffalo is making an effort to close the gap. At this stage of the game, I just don't see $1.25 Million nixing the deal. Parkers agent is doing what he is suppose to do for his client, all though I hate the holding out tactics that he typically uses. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up getting a deal done for $10 Million a year + incentives that could reach over $11 Million a season.

My guess is that it will be somewhere in the ballpark of 6 year $60 Million with incentives that could take it to $70 Million with $30 Mill gauranteed. Then again, he could be traded as well.

That works for me.

Thanks. Man, 9.75 mil they offer for the worst LT in football?

No dear, that'd be $9.75M for a guy that most around the league (at least according to NFL Network, PFW, PFT, ESPN, and every other sports outlet not named "The Stadium Wall") feel is an elite LT.

No dear, that'd be $9.75M for a guy that most around the league (at least according to NFL Network, PFW, PFT, ESPN, and every other sports outlet not named "The Stadium Wall") feel is an elite LT.

I do, too. I was joking about the idiocy I see from some fans, including some that said he was the worst LT in the game last year. :lol:

Of course, that rumor was false and we don't know what the Bills are offering for "the worst LT in the league".

He wasn't the worst LT, but he wasn't anywhere near elite. Not even close. I wouldn't pay him that kind of money after he's shown what he will do if unhappy. If he gets paid and gives up three sacks over three years and is a force in the run game, I'll be happy to admit I was wrong. If he gets paid, gives up eight sacks next year and is marginal in the run game (as many have suggested on this site), I expect to hear apologies from every single one of you, especially when our ticket prices go up. If he gets traded away, well, the picks will forever be compared against his performance on the next team which will be debatable for years to come on this site...

He wasn't the worst LT, but he wasn't anywhere near elite. Not even close. I wouldn't pay him that kind of money after he's shown what he will do if unhappy. If he gets paid and gives up three sacks over three years and is a force in the run game, I'll be happy to admit I was wrong. If he gets paid, gives up eight sacks next year and is marginal in the run game (as many have suggested on this site), I expect to hear apologies from every single one of you, especially when our ticket prices go up. If he gets traded away, well, the picks will forever be compared against his performance on the next team which will be debatable for years to come on this site...

Agreed :devil:

It's too bad that there's not an archive of what the feeling was here regarding whether or not the Bills should show Pat Williams the money or just let him go. Yes he was a free agent, but one way or another it's going to work out the same way. Peters will either have a new contract with the Bills or he will be traded on draft day. I don't think this Peters thing is going to last beyond the draft. So when it all shakes down and he's one of the best LTs in the game playing on another team and the Bills are drafting another LT bust after LT bust looking for the next Jason Peters, that extra 2 or three million's gonna look like chump change. Regardless of their respective contract status', I do see similarities here with what the end result will be. Until Stroud showed up the Bills have been missing that big fat bastard Pat Williams. How long did that take?

It's too bad that there's not an archive of what the feeling was here regarding weather or not the Bills should show Pat Williams the money or just let him go. Yes he was a free agent, but one way or another it's going to work out the same way. Peters will either have a new contract with the Bills or he will be traded on draft day. I don't think this Peters thing is going last beyond the draft. So when it all shakes down and he's one of the best LTs in the game playing on another team and the Bills are drafting another LT bust after LT bust looking for the next Jason Peters, that extra 2 or three million's gonna look like chump change. Regardless of their respective contract status', I do see similarities here with what the end result will be. Until Stroud showed up the Bills have been missing that big fat bastard Pat Williams. How long did that take?

For the record, I was against letting Pat Williams go.

It's too bad that there's not an archive of what the feeling was here regarding whether or not the Bills should show Pat Williams the money or just let him go. Yes he was a free agent, but one way or another it's going to work out the same way. Peters will either have a new contract with the Bills or he will be traded on draft day. I don't think this Peters thing is going to last beyond the draft. So when it all shakes down and he's one of the best LTs in the game playing on another team and the Bills are drafting another LT bust after LT bust looking for the next Jason Peters, that extra 2 or three million's gonna look like chump change. Regardless of their respective contract status', I do see similarities here with what the end result will be. Until Stroud showed up the Bills have been missing that big fat bastard Pat Williams. How long did that take?

"Why'd they let you go, Pat?"

"'Cause they're stupid."

And, yes, there were people that applauded the shrewd move by TD and the guys still here: Why pay a "fat, lazy slob who had a down year" what he is worth when one can plug any random guy into his position? Why indeed. :devil:

Astrobot -- are you holding out on us?

http://www.drafttek.com/round12009.asp

Our Bills Team Correspondent Dean Kindig (aka Astrobot) updates on the Jason Peters situation. He previously was taking the tack that Peters was likely to be traded, but now comes the news that the Bills Left Tackle was offered a contract which would make him the highest paid in the league at that position - roughly on par with Carolina's Jordan Gross. Dean now thinks a deal will get done, and has lowered the priority on OT for Buffalo. As a result, our Consensus Mock Draft has the Bills steering away from Michael Oher and again looking in the direction of USC LB Brian Cushing.