All The Bills' Picks Are Now In

R. Rich

even with our pass rush how it was last year, we were in pretty much all the games.

i'd be happy with solidifying our OL to where we are able to (hopefully) play with leads and just let our defense tee off on the pass.

even with our pass rush how it was last year, we were in pretty much all the games.

i'd be happy with solidifying our OL to where we are able to (hopefully) play with leads and just let our defense tee off on the pass.

I agree...more points from the offense will put the pass rushers in a better situation. Also, the Bills haven't had their 3 defensive ends all healthy for 4 straight games since 2006, a year when they posted a very respectable sack total. There is hope.

I agree...more points from the offense will put the pass rushers in a better situation. Also, the Bills haven't had their 3 defensive ends all healthy for 4 straight games since 2006, a year when they posted a very respectable sack total. There is hope.

so, on a serious note...if the Bills score more points because of our now vaunted offensive machine that will force teams to pass more. How's that gonna help the pass rushers? Schobel will be gassed by halftime (great circle routes to the QB use up lots of energy) and the rest couldn't get to the QB if you spotted them the Q.

so, on a serious note...if the Bills score more points because of our now vaunted offensive machine that will force teams to pass more. How's that gonna help the pass rushers? Schobel will be gassed by halftime (great circle routes to the QB use up lots of energy) and the rest couldn't get to the QB if you spotted them the Q.

Well, the conventional thinking would be that when teams are playing from behind, they have to pass more, and the defense knows it, so they can 'pin their ears back' and just think about getting to the QB.

Again, the last time the three of them stayed healthy for just 4 goddamn games in a row they combined for 26.5 sacks, if I remember correctly. When the three of them aren't all healthy, it follows that Kelsay and Denney can't rotate on the left side (as either one of them is hurt, or Schobel is hurt and one of them has to play the right side), which could keep them fresher and more effective. We haven't seen them get that chance for an extended run since 2006, and it worked out okay at the time.

I'd love to add a DE, I'm actually hopin' and prayin' for either Brown or Ayers, but there's reason to think the rush might improve without a rookie. As long as everyone's healthy, and the offense is good. We'll see.

Maybe they will be fresher for not having been trampled by a running attack? Also, if they have a lead, they can be more aggressive and go for the sack, instead of dropping back in coverage like big idiots. :(

Wow, do we need a coach.

How could you let the pass rush slide for another year?

We have Ryan Denney and Chris Kelsay, not to mention the inside rush from Spencer Johnson and Kyle Williams. Oh, and add the blitzing prowess of Kawika Mitchell, Paul Posluszny, and, yep, you guessed it, Keith Ellison.

We're good.