I just got angry...

thinking about our lack of TE the past couple years and then thought about Robert Royal. I don't think I've ever hated a Bills player more in my life. I am getting angry writing this post.

Here's to Pettigrew with our 2nd #1 (from Peters) or via a trade-down.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

thinking about our lack of TE the past couple years and then thought about Robert Royal. I don't think I've ever hated a Bills player more in my life. I am getting angry writing this post.

Losman

:thumbsup: Here have one of these. No one should EVER let Robert Royal disrupt their mood in the offseason...

I don't see the point of saying that you "hate" a football player for their poor play on the field. He never did anything to you, he just found himself overmatched on the gridiron. Why does it have to be so personal?

Agree with your point ... it is just a game ... fun, interesting a distraction from everyday life pehaps but not worthy of such emotion.

I don't see the point of saying that you "hate" a football player for their poor play on the field. He never did anything to you, he just found himself overmatched on the gridiron. Why does it have to be so personal?

Because as a serious Bills fan, I take it personally. I can't help it, I just do. I was born into it. I can't change. I hate the guy.

Because as a serious Bills fan, I take it personally. I can't help it, I just do. I was born into it. I can't change. I hate the guy.

I'm a serious Bills fan too. I was born into it too, but as long as a player is trying his hardest out there (and I always got the sense Royals was), I have no beef with them, and I certainly don't "hate" them. There seems to be this attitude among some people that being a devoted fan means proving that you can get more pissed off than the guy next to you.

Royal just isn't a good starting tight end. He's a backup tight end with decent blocking skills. It isn't his fault that the Bills didn't have a better option. And if we DID have a better option in Fine or Schouman, it isn't Royal's fault that he was named the starter over them.

You need a hobby. You cant let the Bills or any team be your end all be all in life. I love the scene in A Bronx Tale when Sonny asks C why he is so upset. And it because the Yankees lost. Sonny asks him what those guys ever do for you? They help your old man pay his bills? It is so true when you think about it. I love the Bills and grew up around the team. When Smerlas and Jimmy Haslet where there. Hell Chuck Knox told my little cousin one time Santa Clause was dead, while we were playing in the snow on the field during practice.

But at some point in my life i put things in perspective.

I really hated Chris Watson. Every third down you could guarantee the ball was going to his man, and that his man would move the chains.

Thanks alot Big Daddy, I just kicked over the water cooler because I started thinking about how putrid Watson was.

He's definitely top-three most hated for me!

Edit: I didn't like Curt "try to make a big hit rather than wrap the guy up" Shultz very much either.