New Deal For Stroud

Sherman

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW - here's Rotoworld's take:

Stroud is essentially getting a new four-year, $28 million contract. $12 million is guaranteed and he'll get $16M in the first two seasons. Stroud turns 31 in June, battled injuries in each of the 2005-2007 seasons, and isn't nearly the pass rusher he once was. It's pretty surprising that the Bills are extending his deal when he was already signed through 2010.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=1429

This ain't gonna make Peters or Jackson any happier, that's for sure!

What's your problem?

The problem is that we will be spending an additional $4.75 Million this year, when I believe most people weren't counting on this. I like Stroud, but $8.25 is a lot to fork over. Does he deserve it? I suppose so.

It isn't the signing that I'm upset with, it is that I didn't take that into account, and now that will leave less money to sign or resign other players. This definitely limits what we can do through out the rest of FA.

That is the problem

Wait........you mean if a guy will just STFU, show up, play hard and play well the Bills will actually reward him with a contract extension before it's due?? :thumbsup:

You forgot to add that he has to have a high motor and bring his lunch pail to work.

Because (although it's now academic, as the report was wrong, and there was in fact an extension), you don't just give a guy a raise without the team getting anything in return.

I see. Well, you jumped on the superlative pretty quickly, and I wondered if you considered his original contract, whether there were gentlemen's agreements made based on incentives when he signed, etc.

The problem is that we will be spending an additional $4.75 Million this year, when I believe most people weren't counting on this. I like Stroud, but $8.25 is a lot to fork over. Does he deserve it? I suppose so.

It isn't the signing that I'm upset with, it is that I didn't take that into account, and now that will leave less money to sign or resign other players. This definitely limits what we can do through out the rest of FA.

That is the problem

Throughout the rest of FA? Seriously? How much more were you expecting? The draft is less than three weeks away. Do you have the exact numbers? Do you know that this will affect the Peters/Jackson negotiations? Me thinks you don't.