New Deal For Stroud

Sherman

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-7-32/...for-Peters.html

Stroud's new Bills deal a reminder for Peters

If Jason Peters didn't learn anything from Lee Evans' contract extension last year, then maybe the repackaged deal Marcus Stroud received Tuesday hammered home the concept:

The Buffalo Bills are open to rewarding players who've displayed a commitment to the team.

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Bills restructured Stroud's deal to four years for $29 million with $12 million in guarantees.

Bills management made it know to Peters months upon months ago that the best way to go about getting a new deal is show up and be a part of the team. The club has reinforced that stance by paying off Evans and Stroud.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I forget the exact numbers but I believe the Bills went from 29th to 15th in rush defense after he joined the team.

That's the problem: it didn't. In 2007 we were 25th in the league in rush defense. In 2008, without arguably our worst lineman against the run (Schobel) we were 22nd. We went from giving up 124.6 YPG and 15 TD's to 121.6 YPG and 18 rushing TD's. I like Stroud and all, but I just don't see where he's helped our rush defense all that much, and if your "stud" DT doesn't do that I'm not sure why he deserves all that money. I know everyone here is applauding the move just because they are paying a player who shows up and doesn't sit out and pout, but did he deserve it? I guess we'll see this year. If we're 12th in the league against the run then he certainly was. But I fear that this was another Chris Kelsay extension, perhaps to a lesser degree.

That's the problem: it didn't. In 2007 we were 25th in the league in rush defense. In 2008, without arguably our worst linemane against the run (Schobel) we were 22nd. We went from giving up 124.6 YPG and 15 TD's to 121.6 YPG and 18 rushing TD's. I like Stroud and all, but I just don't see where he's helped our rush defense all that much, and if your "stud" DT doesn't do that I'm not sure why he deserves all that money. I know everyone here is applauding the move just because they are paying a player who shows up and doesn't sit out and pout, but did he deserve it? I guess we'll see this year. If we're 12th in the league against the run then he certainly was. But I fear that this was another Chris Kelsay extension, perhaps to a lesser degree.

It's 14th in overall defense, not rush.

Outstanding!

For Peters this means.....

Sing it with me!

Regretfully they tell us,

But firmly they compel us

To say goodby to you.

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, good night,

I hate to go and leave this pretty sight.

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, adieu,

Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu.

The sun has gone to bed and so must I

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye,

Goodbye,

Goodbye,

Goodbye!

If only Peters didn't act like he was 16 going on 17.

Where's Julie Andrews when you need her?

GO BILLS!!!

It's 14th in overall defense, not rush.

Yes, in total defense we went from 31st to 14th. But how much of that is owed to the improved play at CB? Or the weak offenses we faced? I'm sorry, but Stroud didn't come in and shut down the run a la Pat Williams. I'm not thrilled about this deal.

That's the problem: it didn't. In 2007 we were 25th in the league in rush defense. In 2008, without arguably our worst linemane against the run (Schobel) we were 22nd. We went from giving up 124.6 YPG and 15 TD's to 121.6 YPG and 18 rushing TD's. I like Stroud and all, but I just don't see where he's helped our rush defense all that much, and if your "stud" DT doesn't do that I'm not sure why he deserves all that money. I know everyone here is applauding the move just because they are paying a player who shows up and doesn't sit out and pout, but did he deserve it? I guess we'll see this year. If we're 12th in the league against the run then he certainly was. But I fear that this was another Chris Kelsay extension, perhaps to a lesser degree.

?? Schoebel is excellent against the run. What games are you watching?

Did Stroud have a better season Peters to get a contract extension? Strod did not piss and moan about money, neither did Evans. Peters has the attitude of--I'll show you, I'll hurt me. I am hoping the Stroud extension will force Peters into a reality check.

I am pretty sure Stroud was told the contract would be extended before agreeing to the trade.

Did Stroud have a better season Peters to get a contract extension? Strod did not piss and moan about money, neither did Evans. Peters has the attitude of--I'll show you, I'll hurt me. I am hoping the Stroud extension will force Peters into a reality check.