WrestleMania - the 25th Anniversary

Undertaker/HBK...all I can say is WOW! I find it just amazing that these guys can still bring it like that as the years rack up. The match had to be around 30 mins. Undoubtedly the match of the night, it almost made the main event seem like a letdown. Exactly how good was this bout? How does it stack up with past WrestleMania matches? I felt like I'd just run a marathon by the time it was over. Excellent, excellent work, fellas. The match ended when Michaels went to the top turnbuckle and attempted a backflip, but was caught by 'Taker in midair, before being hit by the second Tombstone Piledriver of the match, and Undertaker's fifth finishing maneuver overall. Taker is now 17-0 at WrestleMania.

They kept talking about this as Stone Cold's "farewell." I guess that means he won't make the odd appearance every now and then anymore? Its too bad his health wouldn't allow him to work one more match, it would have been memorable. Funny how he still gets the biggest crowd pop of the night just for coming down to the ring and cracking open a cold one. Is Austin the greatest performer of all-time? There certainly are people out there who would say so. Thanks for the memories, Steve, this one's in your honor! :beer:

For all the hate Hardy vs. Hardy has been getting from the 'net geeks, the payoff was entertaining tonight. I thought Jeff would've won as he has the potential to be a legitimate main event draw...maybe they wanna drag the storyline out a bit further? A fun match, regardless.

I mentioned before that HHH/Orton seemed like a bit of a letdown. I feel like Triple H works better as the bad guy, because his offense isn't very exciting...its better when he can control most of the match, and his opponent can be the one to come back, and get the crowd going. Just seems like it works better in my opinion. Here's to hoping he decides to turn heel again soon, his resume in that role is second to none...he and Hollywood Hogan are probably the greatest villains I've ever seen. But anyway, with Orton losing his title match, does he get "fired" by the McMahons now?

Can't believe its not coming till the 5th paragraph, but...Ricky freakin Steamboat! The guy's gotta be in his 50s or 60s, and he looked like he was fighting Randy Savage for the Intercontinental Title all those years ago! Just incredible. It almost makes me wish they would've dropped Piper and Snuka and made Steamboat/Jericho a 1-on-1 affair, but I'm sure it was more marketable with Rowdy's name attached. For those that didn't watch, Jericho beat the three aforementioned old-timers, then ran Ric Flair out of the ring, before looking into the audience and calling out Mickey Rourke. Rourke went into the ring as the announcers mentioned he'd done some boxing years ago, and he knocked Jericho out with a couple of left hooks. Word is that he was originally gonna fight Jericho in a real match, but his publicist advised him not to.

Wasn't there supposed to be a tag title match also? Wonder what happened.

The other matches were Cena beating Edge and Big Show in a triple threat for the World Title, Rey Mysterio beating JBL in about 10-15 seconds for the IC Title, a Divas Battle Royal, and an 8-way 'Money in the Bank' Ladder Match for a title shot, which was good fun, as it always is. Kid Rock also gave a little concert, and some hot chick from the Pussycat Dolls sang "America the Beautiful" to kick it off.

I know I'm not the only one who still watches this stuff. :worthy: Whats on your mind after the wrestling industry's single biggest night of the year?

i am downloading it now so my kid can watch it, he is a wwe fanatic and i am a bad(ie, cheap) dad and didnt order it...i will watch it with him later so i am not gonna read your review...although he did go online to find out how jeff hardy did, he wasnt happy...he loves jeff!!!!!!

Undertaker/HBK...all I can say is WOW! I find it just amazing that these guys can still bring it like that as the years rack up. The match had to be around 30 mins. Undoubtedly the match of the night, it almost made the main event seem like a letdown. Exactly how good was this bout? How does it stack up with past WrestleMania matches? I felt like I'd just run a marathon by the time it was over. Excellent, excellent work, fellas. The match ended when Michaels went to the top turnbuckle and attempted a backflip, but was caught by 'Taker in midair, before being hit by the second Tombstone Piledriver of the match, and Undertaker's fifth finishing maneuver overall. Taker is now 17-0 at WrestleMania.

They kept talking about this as Stone Cold's "farewell." I guess that means he won't make the odd appearance every now and then anymore? Its too bad his health wouldn't allow him to work one more match, it would have been memorable. Funny how he still gets the biggest crowd pop of the night just for coming down to the ring and cracking open a cold one. Is Austin the greatest performer of all-time? There certainly are people out there who would say so. Thanks for the memories, Steve, this one's in your honor! :beer:

For all the hate Hardy vs. Hardy has been getting from the 'net geeks, the payoff was entertaining tonight. I thought Jeff would've won as he has the potential to be a legitimate main event draw...maybe they wanna drag the storyline out a bit further? A fun match, regardless.

I mentioned before that HHH/Orton seemed like a bit of a letdown. I feel like Triple H works better as the bad guy, because his offense isn't very exciting...its better when he can control most of the match, and his opponent can be the one to come back, and get the crowd going. Just seems like it works better in my opinion. Here's to hoping he decides to turn heel again soon, his resume in that role is second to none...he and Hollywood Hogan are probably the greatest villains I've ever seen. But anyway, with Orton losing his title match, does he get "fired" by the McMahons now?

Can't believe its not coming till the 5th paragraph, but...Ricky freakin Steamboat! The guy's gotta be in his 50s or 60s, and he looked like he was fighting Randy Savage for the Intercontinental Title all those years ago! Just incredible. It almost makes me wish they would've dropped Piper and Snuka and made Steamboat/Jericho a 1-on-1 affair, but I'm sure it was more marketable with Rowdy's name attached. For those that didn't watch, Jericho beat the three aforementioned old-timers, then ran Ric Flair out of the ring, before looking into the audience and calling out Mickey Rourke. Rourke went into the ring as the announcers mentioned he'd done some boxing years ago, and he knocked Jericho out with a couple of left hooks. Word is that he was originally gonna fight Jericho in a real match, but his publicist advised him not to.

The other matches were Cena beating Edge and Big Show in a triple threat for the World Title, Rey Mysterio beating JBL in about 10-15 seconds for the IC Title, a Divas Battle Royal, and an 8-way 'Money in the Bank' Ladder Match for a title shot, which was good fun, as it always is. Kid Rock also gave a little concert, and some hot chick from the Pussycat Dolls sang "America the Beautiful" to kick it off.

I know I'm not the only one who still watches this stuff. :worthy: Whats on your mind after the wrestling industry's single biggest night of the year?

Taker vs HBK was...damn...simply amazing. Easily sky-rocketed into my top 5 matches of all time, maybe the best match I've ever seen.

That look that Undertaker gave after Michaels kicked out of the Tombstone was perfect, and then that slow crawl back to their feet where they just slowly slugged it out...perfect.

Sorry to interrupt but, quick question... What do boogers actually taste like?

i am downloading it now so my kid can watch it, he is a wwe fanatic and i am a bad(ie, cheap) dad and didnt order it...i will watch it with him later so i am not gonna read your review...although he did go online to find out how jeff hardy did, he wasnt happy...he loves jeff!!!!!!

Since you're watching on a computer anyway, this may interest you. I can't accept paying the $40-$50 they charge these days, but I found a site that streams all wrestling, UFC and boxing PPVs (among other things). You can sign up for a one-day membership the day of WWE events for $2.50 (this is not at all frowned upon, I'd say a majority of their business comes this way). They're High Quality streams, and though they aren't perfect and they hit a snag every now and then, overall the experience is a good one and I definitely recommend them. Customer service is fantastic, they have a shoutbox on the main page, so any problems or questions you have are addressed immediately (there are always a few of the head honchos online during WWE events). Thanks to a couple of fellow TSWers, I've got my laptop hooked up to my TV, so its almost like I dropped the $50 anyway.

I'm fairly certain its perfectly legal as well, because they advertise exactly what they're doing right out in the open, and they've been online for a good while. http://xtreams.tv/forums/

Enjoy the show when you get around to it, you're in for a real treat with Michaels/Undertaker. A lot of fans are calling it the greatest WM match of all-time.

Taker vs HBK was...damn...simply amazing. Easily sky-rocketed into my top 5 matches of all time, maybe the best match I've ever seen.

That look that Undertaker gave after Michaels kicked out of the Tombstone was perfect, and then that slow crawl back to their feet where they just slowly slugged it out...perfect.

Haha, absolutely. Ya knew Undertaker and Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania would be good, but this is an instant classic. One of those rare matches where you could just immerse yourself and forget that its a show. One of the finest moments of each man's long career.

I don't want to be the guy who says it ain't what it used to be because frankly, the 80's wasn't all it was cracked up to be imo with all the jobbers on the weekly shows.

But the NWO and Attitude era of the mid-late 90's was good stuff...

I can't tell if I'm just too old or if the talent isn't there or the booking sucks or what.

Cena and Orton just don't do anything for me. Edge is pretty good on the mic and I think those skills could be utilized better. I wish they'd push Jericho more.

I don't want to be the guy who says it ain't what it used to be because frankly, the 80's wasn't all it was cracked up to be imo with all the jobbers on the weekly shows.

I can't tell if I'm just too old or if the talent isn't there or the booking sucks or what.

Cena and Orton just don't do anything for me. Edge is pretty good on the mic and I think those skills could be utilized better. I wish they'd push Jericho more.

NWO was the best there ever was and will be....

Don't worry about being that guy. I agree with all your points here, and it definitely aint what it used to be, but I can still enjoy the programming from the Rumble to Mania. They kick it up a notch that time of year.

Their catering more and more to the kids isn't helping them keep my generation, nor those older than me. Everyone who remembers the Monday Night Wars wants wrestling to be like it was then, cause it was a better product, plain and simple.

I've always wondered if the next Austin or Rock came along, if they would do the same business now that they did then. I don't know if the problem is the fact that they don't have a guy who can perform the way those guys could, or if they have that talent but they just don't use it right. One thing I'm sure about is Cena is not the next Rock, no matter how much he may like to be.

With Triple H losing some of his luster, Jericho has become my favorite wrestler, he's been on fire since coming back. This is the best heel work he's done in his entire career in my opinion, its much more subtle than what he's done before. He's got to be in line for a title run soon.

Don't worry about being that guy. I agree with all your points here, and it definitely aint what it used to be, but I can still enjoy the programming from the Rumble to Mania. They kick it up a notch that time of year.

Their catering more and more to the kids isn't helping them keep my generation, nor those older than me. Everyone who remembers the Monday Night Wars wants wrestling to be like it was then, cause it was a better product, plain and simple.

I've always wondered if the next Austin or Rock came along, if they would do the same business now that they did then. I don't know if the problem is the fact that they don't have a guy who can perform the way those guys could, or if they have that talent but they just don't use it right. One thing I'm sure about is Cena is not the next Rock, no matter how much he may like to be.

With Triple H losing some of his luster, Jericho has become my favorite wrestler, he's been on fire since coming back. This is the best heel work he's done in his entire career in my opinion, its much more subtle than what he's done before. He's got to be in line for a title run soon.

Yah I thought they'd turn Cena heel a while ago but I guess he's super popular with the kids.

You're right about Steamboat - he can still work.

Seeing guys like Snuka and Piper so old and out of shape actually distressed me.......reminded me that I was also getting old......

Snuka in particular.....that guy used to have muscles on top of muscles

I know, it's really weird when they show some of the 80s footage from Saturday Night's Main Event and some of the early Wrestlemanias....those memories are so fresh for me that when I see them as they are presently it sort of freaks me out. I can't believe 20+ years have passed so damn fast. <_<

Completely agree. There has never been a storyline up to par with the "NWO". Vince had a chance to take that to a new level when they bought out WCW but he REALLY screwed the pooch on that one due to his arrogance...

Better than Undertaker Foley cage match? I haven't watched wrestling in 8 years, but I can't see that ever being topped.

Better than Undertaker Foley cage match? I haven't watched wrestling in 8 years, but I can't see that ever being topped.

That wasn't a Wrestlemania, but I know what you're talking about....that's the most incredible match I've ever seen. Foley is one crazy fugger.