Raji tested postive for drugs at combine...

According to this report he tested positive for some kind of drug at the combine. He previously tested positive for Marijauna in 2008, so one would assume thats a likely candidate...

I remember when this happened to Sapp and he slipped in the draft because of it...so now if Raji falls to us, would we still take him? Especially considering all the other off field drama we've had?

Link

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to this report he tested positive for some kind of drug at the combine. He previously tested positive for Marijauna in 2008, so one would assume thats a likely candidate...

I remember when this happened to Sapp and he slipped in the draft because of it...so now if Raji falls to us, would we still take him? Especially considering all the other off field drama we've had?

Link

Sweet, hope he falls......he would be a difference maker on this team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anttaj_Hawthorne

Hawthorne was expected to be a first round draft pick and have a bright National Football League (NFL) future, but a positive test for marijuana at the NFL Combine caused him to fall in the draft. He was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the sixth round of the 2005 NFL Draft.

Link

I'd take him, but there is some risk now involved. He'll likely go into the NFL's treatment program straight out the gate. That means his next positive test could get him a suspension, if there ever was a positive test. A roll of the dice, but it would be worth it in my eyes.

Opinions on marijuana usage have changed since Sapp was drafted, IIRC, there was an article last year saying it was not considered a big deal anymore.

as it shouldn't.

This is an article on it.

"I doubt it will have any effect whatsoever," said Gailey, a former Dallas Cowboys head coach. "I think he's a great young man who probably did it one time to see what it was like and told the truth [when asked about it]. I don't think it's an issue with him."

While some teams could see marijuana use as troubling, others might view the players' admissions of prior use as a sign of maturity, particularly since players are encouraged to be honest in the interviews.

The difference is that Johnson admitted it in interviews. Raji probably didn't and that may cost him. If he did admit it then it might not be a big deal but the fact he tested positive shows he can't stay away from the cronik even when he knows the combine is coming up. That might be a problem for him.

This one isn't easy to figure out.

as it shouldn't.

I disagree. For the record I could care less if a player smokes weed or not. I do however think it says alot about somebody who can't follow the rules for a few months, knowing full well your going to be tested numerous times. By following the rules, I mean all you have to do is put the blunts away for a couple months/weeks and your fine. What kind of clueless freaking moron is going to take the chance of losing millions. Seriously, if it only costs him 3-4 spots in the draft it's worth millions. What a douche-bag.

He couldn't stay away from it for the biggest event of this life so far, and we're suppose to expect him to do so once he gets that first big payday? Too much risk. Sure, you put Sapp out there as an example, but how many others are there who let drugs ruin their very bright futures? Countless...

I disagree. For the record I could care less if a player smokes weed or not. I do however think it says alot about somebody who can't follow the rules for a few months, knowing full well your going to be tested numerous times. By following the rules, I mean all you have to do is put the blunts away for a couple months/weeks and your fine. What kind of clueless freaking moron is going to take the chance of losing millions. Seriously, if it only costs him 3-4 spots in the draft it's worth millions. What a douche-bag.

Excellent points...

Here is a guy sooooooooooo damn stupid he can't keep clean prior to the one day that could make him millions ........ and you want him on our team???????????? :thumbsup:

I never said draft the guy, I asked would we? I want OL at #11 as I really think Peters gets traded as I dont see either side caving...