You want Michael Vick?

Correction, he HAD great talent. As a guy who loves football and lives in ATL, i watched him throughout his entire career. The first few years he started i do not think there was a person faster then him on the field. That run against Minnie in overtime was a classic. The one where he made two defenders run into each other as he slipped threw them. He lived on his talent. But like so many guys who just have talent but never learned how to play the game, he started to slip somewhat. Mostly because he was taking a beating running for his life behind an average at best Oline. He will get a league minimum contract. And he is telling creditors he will make 10mil a year in order to try and stay financially above water.

As and NFL QB, never had significant talent. Terrible passer. He may be OK as a WR.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As and NFL QB, never had significant talent. Terrible passer. He may be OK as a WR.

Actually, he had tremendous talent. Just because that talent didn't pan out to a successful NFL career doesn't mean he didn't have the raw talent to begin with.

Wow, glad to see you believe in forgiveness. You must be Christian!

I'm not sure what the "Christian" comment meant but it doesn't offend me but I'm sure it will offend others on this board.

I don't believe in forgiveness for those who only seek forgiveness once they are caught. Here is some of what he did:

The report also states in mid-April of 2007, Vick, Peace and Phillips hung approximately three dogs who did not perform well in a "rolling session," which indicates the readiness of a dog to fight. According to the report, the three men hung the dogs "by placing a nylon cord over a 2 X 4 that was nailed to two trees located next to the big shed. They also drowned approximately three dogs by putting the dogs' heads in a five gallon bucket of water."

Drowning a dog in a bucket. Hanging with a nylon chord. It didn't mention the electrocutions or the "rape"stands or the dogs that he raised simply to be torn apart by his prize fighters. Then, once he was caught he blamed his family. Thats just a snipet of what this sub-human scumbag did. I'm sure his bad side stops there though! You can forgive him, I will be rooting for him to fail miserably.

The report also states in mid-April of 2007, Vick, Peace and Phillips hung approximately three dogs who did not perform well in a "rolling session," which indicates the readiness of a dog to fight. According to the report, the three men hung the dogs "by placing a nylon cord over a 2 X 4 that was nailed to two trees located next to the big shed. They also drowned approximately three dogs by putting the dogs' heads in a five gallon bucket of water."

Drowning a dog in a bucket. Hanging with a nylon chord. It didn't mention the electrocutions or the "rape"stands or the dogs that he raised simply to be torn apart by his prize fighters. Then, once he was caught he blamed his family. Thats just a snipet of what this sub-human scumbag did. I'm sure his bad side stops there though! You can forgive him, I will be rooting for him to fail miserably.

I didn't hear any of that. I heard he authorized the dogs be put down. There's a big difference between giving the okay over a cell phone to put a dog down and physically hanging or electrocuting the dog. The the latter is true then I am with you. But until I hear further, I am going to stick with what I've heard.

Regardless, what Vick did is wrong. But human beings make mistakes, everyone (with limited exception) deserves a chance at redemption.

I'm not a PETA acolyte by any means. But if we were to sign Vick, I would walk away forever... and I expect that any team that does sign him will face a sh--storm of a PR nightmare. I hold out hope that Gooddell will ban him from the game. I refuse to forgive what he did.

I'm not a PETA acolyte by any means. But if we were to sign Vick, I would walk away forever... and I expect that any team that does sign him will face a sh--storm of a PR nightmare. I hold out hope that Gooddell will ban him from the game. I refuse to forgive what he did.

I hope you have the same disdain for Leonard Little and Dany Heatley. They killed people, you know. So much outrage for Vick, so little for so many others...

I didn't hear any of that. I heard he authorized the dogs be put down. There's a big difference between giving the okay over a cell phone to put a dog down and physically hanging or electrocuting the dog. The the latter is true then I am with you. But until I hear further, I am going to stick with what I've heard.

Regardless, what Vick did is wrong. But human beings make mistakes, everyone (with limited exception) deserves a chance at redemption.

It's amazing that you would be so opinionated yet so illinformed. He authorized dogs to be killed and he did the killing, which he admitted to only after he failed a lie detector test. Moreover, HE FUNDED THE ENTIRE OPERATION!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3718304

Your logic about the cell phone is crazy by the way. So if someone calls in a hit or does the hit, one is worse than the other?And yes, people make mistakes. People also do horrible evil sh*t too. He took part in the torture and funded an entire operation that killed and tortured dogs. Thats not a mistake, that is some cold blooded sh*t.

Vick thinks he's going to be making $10M/yr

Nice to see Michael maintaining perspective and keeping his expectations low. :rolleyes:

PTR

Poor Michael, he is dreaming. I don't know where in the world he came up with this thought, but it's along the same lines of stupidity as him financing a dog fighting ring and not thinking he'd get caught eventually.

Guest dog14787
Wow, glad to see you believe in forgiveness. You must be Christian!

There's no way he gets anywhere close to that much, but as someone said, it's just to keep creditors at bay. He could get an incentive laden-deal but more likely he gets $1M-1½M in base salary as a backup. He !@#$ed up, he knows it, and I hope he can get his life back in order finally.

I would be really surprised if Michael Vick takes a backup position, I can see him going in to challenge for starting position or as the starter, but not as a backup and I don't see him signing for anything less than $3M because like I said in a previous post, people will still pay the price of admission to see Vick play.

Vick should never play another down of football in the NFL. he was convicted of a serious crime.

What does one have to do with the other? He paid his price to society, he should be able to move on with his life. You can hate him all you want, and he deserves it, but he's served his time for his crime.

What does one have to do with the other? He paid his price to society, he should be able to move on with his life. You can hate him all you want, and he deserves it, but he's served his time for his crime.

True, but if I did something that bad, that highly publicized and I had a job where I was the face of my corporation, I wouldn't expect to land a similar job after I got out of jail.

Here's the official report: http://multimedia.nydailynews.com/pdf/2008...ewzKennels1.pdf

He wasn't on the phone. He was there.

This is what i don't get. What the hell is so talented about Michael Vick? i mean seriously think about it. what does he do that others cannot. He doesn't have a great arm. Vick made sports center alot was was labeled the human hightlight reel because he occassionaly made a play with his legs as a QB?

Michael Vick sucks most teams know this and won't pay him 10m dollars a year.

The 75,000 dollar stipend thing to live is a joke. People survive on a lot less and he should do the same. 40k sounds about right in my mind.

Guest dog14787
This is what i don't get. What the hell is so talented about Michael Vick? i mean seriously think about it. what does he do that others cannot. He doesn't have a great arm. Vick made sports center alot was was labeled the human hightlight reel because he occassionaly made a play with his legs as a QB?

Michael Vick sucks most teams know this and won't pay him 10m dollars a year.

The 75,000 dollar stipend thing to live is a joke. People survive on a lot less and he should do the same. 40k sounds about right in my mind.

Lets see, he's very elusive like Barry Sanders, he's one of the fastest players in the NFL and he can throw with both his right and left arm, one almost as good as the other and that's just crazy, and to top it all off Vicks got balls as big as Ray Lewis when he steps onto the football field.

Make no mistake, Michael Vick may not be the best QB in the NFL, but Vick is not lacking in the talent department. The man was born to play football.

Awwww, He should have been a RB though :thumbsup:

I dont care what he did personally it wasnt that serious nobody says sh-- to peyton manning or brett farve for hunting no thats fine i forgot its legal but its killing animals...id love that mofo on the bills as insurance for trent "fragile" edwards...the wild cat wit fred "monster" jackson to the left mike "killer" vick in the middle and marshawn "the beast" lynch to the right we could call it the nightmare offense (hate it or love it) come on forget all the statements you guys sayin cuz you dont like mike oh well get over it he killled some dogs went to jail and now he want to get his life back...let the man make his self better...got damn.... :thumbsup::doh: :doh:

Vicks not playing QB for anybody who has even a mediocre QB- He's not a guy you want as the face of your franchise- so he's either going to a team that has a disaster at QB or he's going to be a third down RB/WR- I be surprised if he got more than 2.5 mil anytime soon - I liked watching Vick but Atlanta has really improved without him- QB's like Vick remind me of point guards who score a lot - it leads to impressive stats but not that many wins.