You want Michael Vick?

What is your argument about hunters who kill for sport, folks shooting animals to hang them on a wall, do you think when these animals get wounded and try to run they don't suffer? How many of you have shot a bird or other small animals with a BB gun? What Michael Vick did was a horrible thing because it was domesticated animals that were at the mercy of humans and had no chance for survival. Different forms of Fighting has gone on for centuries, humans even fought to the death once upon a time. Does it make things right, of course not and Michael Vick paid his dept to society, but this holier than thou attitude by some folks is getting a little carried away in my opinion.

Here is the deal. The argument is not hunting versus dog fighting. Because most hunters, do it nobly. They respect the animals an if they are wounded they do the humane thing and end their life quickly and in a humane manor. Hunters use it for food as well. You may not think so but my Uncle and his friends live in the Southern Tier and Venison is a major part of their diets. I think sport hunters and hunters who do not follow the codes are losers too. Shooting animals from a helicoptor or trips over to Africa makes no sense and YES it is bad, but I doubt they are intentionally torturing animals. That being said, comparing hunting to dog fighting makes me think that you know nothing about either. Go watch a video on dog fighting and see the torture that these losers put the dogs through. How about raising a dog just so you have a practice dog for your "prize" fighters. They keep them alive until until they can't spar anymore and then, well I'm guessing Mike Vick dunks their head in a 5 gallon bucket until there is no struggle. These dogs are torn apart with open wounds and left untreated and riddled with infection until their next fight.

So again, save the whole look what other people are doing because we are talking about vick. And the Gladiators thing is just funny because if you noticed we have lightbulbs and we are not driving around in chariots...in other words, things evolve.

Please, go online and look at videos of what he did. Try to watch this torture for more than a minute because I bet you can't.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meaning the initial report - including the initial articles on ESPN and other networks - suggested that Vick, while funding the dogfighting, didn't have a hand in the actual putting down of the dogs. In layman's terms, that doesn't mean I read only the first part of the article but rather that the previous articles written on this suggested Vick only funded the operation. Capiche? Do you understand? Is there anything I can clarify for you on that front? Let me know, I'd be happy to help out.

So next time you have something to say, know the facts. You spoke about something that you THOUGHT you knew about. Good point, I get it now. At least you admit your ignorance.

Agree to disagree at this point, but if you get some spare time in the next couple of days, go watch a dog fighting documentary or a YouTube clip on this "sport". Go read, not just about vick, but what people who partake in this subhuman activity do to these dogs. Then tell me, does mike vick deserve to score another TD in the NFL? Does he deserve a second chance when he's had about a hundred already? He will never learn and that is why he failed a drug test in the midst of this situation.

Heres to hoping he fails in spectacular fashion. :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787
Here is the deal. The argument is not hunting versus dog fighting. Because most hunters, do it nobly. They respect the animals an if they are wounded they do the humane thing and end their life quickly and in a humane manor. Hunters use it for food as well. You may not think so but my Uncle and his friends live in the Southern Tier and Venison is a major part of their diets. I think sport hunters and hunters who do not follow the codes are losers too. Shooting animals from a helicoptor or trips over to Africa makes no sense and YES it is bad, but I doubt they are intentionally torturing animals. That being said, comparing hunting to dog fighting makes me think that you know nothing about either. Go watch a video on dog fighting and see the torture that these losers put the dogs through. How about raising a dog just so you have a practice dog for your "prize" fighters. They keep them alive until until they can't spar anymore and then, well I'm guessing Mike Vick dunks their head in a 5 gallon bucket until there is no struggle. These dogs are torn apart with open wounds and left untreated and riddled with infection until their next fight.

So again, save the whole look what other people are doing because we are talking about vick. And the Gladiators thing is just funny because if you noticed we have lightbulbs and we are not driving around in chariots...in other words, things evolve.

Please, go online and look at videos of what he did. Try to watch this torture for more than a minute because I bet you can't.

Gladiator thing funny? but yet in this day and age we still get into a ring and beat each other senseless and even kill each other from time to time for the sake of entertainment and personal gain.

So next time you have something to say, know the facts. You spoke about something that you THOUGHT you knew about. Good point, I get it now. At least you admit your ignorance.

Agree to disagree at this point, but if you get some spare time in the next couple of days, go watch a dog fighting documentary or a YouTube clip on this "sport". Go read, not just about vick, but what people who partake in this subhuman activity do to these dogs. Then tell me, does mike vick deserve to score another TD in the NFL? Does he deserve a second chance when he's had about a hundred already? He will never learn and that is why he failed a drug test in the midst of this situation.

Heres to hoping he fails in spectacular fashion. :)

Ahh, okay tough guy. I never said I wrote my senior thesis on Bad Newz Kennelz? Look to my first post on the topic. But far be it from me to enter a discussion without thoroughly researching it, especially since the subject matter is so important to the Buffalo Bills and football in general :thumbsup: I told you plain as day where I was coming from, you were the one that took the moral highground. I've seen enough of that in my Catholic upbringing; I'll pass, thanks.

For the record I happen to think dogfighting is wrong and the torture of animals is deplorable. But it needs to be put in perspective. Not sure what "hundred" second chances you're talking about. I'm also not sure how the positive marijuana test is relevant at all - if I was facing two years in Leavenworth you bet your ass I'd be lighting up too. But you should be more enraged at people like Rae Carruth, Leonard Little, OJ, and Sebastian Janikowski.

So next time you have something to say, know the facts.

Why? It doesn't stop anyone here from talking about their evaluation of talent...

Gladiator thing funny? but yet in this day and age we still get into a ring and beat each other senseless and even kill each other from time to time for the sake of entertainment and personal gain.

No, your argument was funny. :thumbsup: Comparing gladiators to dogfighting is silly.

It is 2009, UFC is regulated, there are rules. Fighters are not left untreated after a fight. We dont raise babies to be human punching bags. Mercy rules apply. No one is electrocuted. There is no torture if you don't win. No rape stands.

Dude! I seriously might be having a conversation with a slow adult or a child. I apologize for that.

Where is your outrage here?? http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=86145

No, your argument was funny. :thumbsup: Comparing gladiators to dogfighting is silly.

It is 2009, UFC is regulated, there are rules. Fighters are not left untreated after a fight. We dont raise babies to be human punching bags. Mercy rules apply. No one is electrocuted. There is no torture if you don't win. No rape stands.

Dude! I seriously might be having a conversation with a slow adult or a child. I apologize for that.

I understand the differences, but both are barbaric.

There is no torture if you don't win. No rape stands.

Google "ultimate surrender"...

Guest dog14787

This country's use of the electric chair and the use of shock treatment including tazers is well documented.

Dude, anybody that resorts to name calling for lack of a better argument is pretty childish in my book.

What is your argument? Michael Vick shouldn't be given a second chance? because nobody I've seen is saying what Michael Vick did was right or justified by any means.

So tell me Mr. smart guy, what is your argument :)

This country's use of the electric chair and the use of shock treatment including tazers is well documented.

Dude, anybody that resorts to name calling for lack of a better argument is pretty childish in my book.

What is your argument? Michael Vick shouldn't be given a second chance? because nobody I've seen is saying what Michael Vick did was right or justified by any means.

So tell me Mr. smart guy, what is your argument :thumbsup:

No one in the NFL is using the electric chair or Tazors in their spare time so what does this have to do with this argument. Try to stay on topic! This is about what MIKE VICK DID. Not what happened at Guantonamo. Or what the Romans did. Or what Leonard Little did. They are all obviosly horrible but they hold zero relevance here. By bringing them up you are simply justifying what that loser did by saying, "Look at what this person did." That is not a defense. Next time you go into court for a traffic ticket, tell the judge that you didn't speed as bad as the guy in front of you or say, "At least I wasn't drinking and driving!"

There is no smart guy or a holier than thou attitude on my part. It is very clear that what he did was horrific.

My stance on that loser is this, I don't believe in forgiveness for those who only seek forgiveness once they are caught.

He doesn't deserve a second chance. He was not forced to commit these crimes out of poverty or desperation. He would not have stopped these crimes. He inflicted irreversible damage upon the dogs. He funded an operation that was created simply for the torture of animals. I would expect a suspension coming up by Goodell and hopefully by the time he serves that he will probably get himself into more trouble. His rapsheet is very long and I don't think he will ever learn.

It's amazing that you would be so opinionated yet so illinformed. He authorized dogs to be killed and he did the killing, which he admitted to only after he failed a lie detector test. Moreover, HE FUNDED THE ENTIRE OPERATION!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3718304

Your logic about the cell phone is crazy by the way. So if someone calls in a hit or does the hit, one is worse than the other?And yes, people make mistakes. People also do horrible evil sh*t too. He took part in the torture and funded an entire operation that killed and tortured dogs. Thats not a mistake, that is some cold blooded sh*t.

:thumbsup::)

I agree with your post 100% :)

Guest dog14787
No one in the NFL is using the electric chair or Tazors in their spare time so what does this have to do with this argument. Try to stay on topic! This is about what MIKE VICK DID. Not what happened at Guantonamo. Or what the Romans did. Or what Leonard Little did. They are all obviosly horrible but they hold zero relevance here. By bringing them up you are simply justifying what that loser did by saying, "Look at what this person did." That is not a defense. Next time you go into court for a traffic ticket, tell the judge that you didn't speed as bad as the guy in front of you or say, "At least I wasn't drinking and driving!"

There is no smart guy or a holier than thou attitude on my part. It is very clear that what he did was horrific.

My stance on that loser is this, I don't believe in forgiveness for those who only seek forgiveness once they are caught.

He doesn't deserve a second chance. He was not forced to commit these crimes out of poverty or desperation. He would not have stopped these crimes. He inflicted irreversible damage upon the dogs. He funded an operation that was created simply for the torture of animals. I would expect a suspension coming up by Goodell and hopefully by the time he serves that he will probably get himself into more trouble. His rapsheet is very long and I don't think he will ever learn.

Forms of barbarism have been past down through the generations and are still alive and well today.Whether or not you chose to accept that is up to you.

Nobody knows whats inside of a mans heart and soul except the one person that really matters.

Forms of barbarism have been past down through the generations and are still alive and well today.Whether or not you chose to accept that is up to you.

Nobody knows whats inside of a mans heart and soul except the one person that really matters.

Barbarism that has been passed down throughout generations is no excuse for what vick did. Otherwise, OJ would have pleaded barbarism.

Guest dog14787
Barbarism that has been passed down throughout generations is no excuse for what vick did. Otherwise, OJ would have pleaded barbarism.

You know that defense might actually work for a tribal head hunter that has had very little contact with modern civilization.

You sound incredibly dumb. "Mofo", "Wit", "He want to"..you sound like someone who's opinion I want to take seriously. Comparing hunting to dogfighting is the pinnacle ignorance. Good luck "wit dat" gangsta! :unsure:

yea ok you were a complete loss you missed the entire argument but yea you got it tho thats how you tell someone who cant hold and argument its like the jock talkin down to the nerd that grows up worth millions but the jocks manages a wal mart... oh and im so gangsta as well... <_<