Oh boy...

Believe me cincy, I'm not here, nor am I ever here, to argue. I do like a good discussion though.

Last point I'll make:

If someone wants to be dismissive about the move and say the Bills are doing their cornerback due dilligence because of the premium on that position, then shouldn't they necessarily be bringing in most/all of the top rated cornerbacks who might slide down into the 3rd round?

I guess I'd much rather see them bringing in pass rushers right now.

I'd like to see a nasty, large LB as Lori mentioned. I searched around - the last one they selected in the 1st round was Conlan in...1987.

That's quite a stretch.

I know you are not an argumentative sort. Nothing in your post history says so - I'm pleased you contribute here, and I am not being condescending.

:unsure:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Mcgee is in his last year. If we draft someone in the 2nd, it will be an insurance policy for McGee leaving, and if Florence doesn't work out.

Thats great for playoff teams to do. But when you have areas that currently have no depth/starters at. You got to stop always thinking of the future. For this team it is right here right now. I am a huge proponent of thinking of the future usually. However in this case this team needs to win NOW. Address your pressing areas. Oline and OLB. If this kid is around in the third. I would not be too upset. BUt even then i will probably think they should have gotten another Olineman or DE.

this gimp of an organization will probably draft a CB in the first round! if you checked out Mark Gaughan's chat, he feels that the o-line will feature Chambers at guard and Hant...? at Center. This leads me to believe it will be a DE/TE/LB or some combination in the first 3 rounds. To pass up so many good guards and centers is ridiculous with the history of horrendous line play on this team. And most of the DE's do not impress me at the top especially the guy most people say they want-Maybin.

Not to sharpshoot you Alpha because I think you know I respect you. Gamble was however a 1st rounder although like you say, many players projected to go in the 1st slide pretty damn far.

By the rationale you and the others state, bring in all the top cornerbacks to evaluate for that hypothetical scenario.

My bad, for some reason I was recalling him slipping to the third for some reason...

Don't forget McGee is entering the final year of his contract. He's also going to be 29 years old this year in October, the last year of his contract. The Bills don't typically re-sign players who hit the 30 milestone for the most part and McGee will be 30 in 2010. They could be hoping that Butler slips to the 3rd and they're able to take him as a possible replacement one day for McKelvin who will take ove the #1 CB duties.

I can see it now....With the 11th pick of the draft The Bumbalo Bills select CB Mike Jenkins Ohio State!

Mike Jenkins was selected by Dallas in the latter part of the 1st this past year. He also played at South Florida. I believe Malcom is the Jenkins you're looking for at this point. He also has been deemed a S prospect for the pros and has seemed to accept that himself in interviews here recently.

I can see it now....With the 11th pick of the draft The Bumbalo Bills select CB Mike Jenkins Ohio State!

I think you mean Malcolm Jenkins.

And, while I don't want the Bills to pick him at #11, he just might be the best player available, if he is still on the board at #11.

I could see Dick Levy drafting him at 11.

Look, Sirius Radio just completed another mock draft about 15 minutes ago. The Bills of course wound up with Jenkins.

Many of you are in for a very rude awakening. You are looking at a blueprint of why this team sucks. Dick Levy is now probably going to put the finishing touch on it.

And to those of you who try to justify this idiocy, as a Bills Fan there is no excuse imo. If Dick Levy dedicates yet another draft to the secondary, this will make 3 out of 4. There is no justification; it is just plain incompetence, s :rolleyes: t that is even hard to make up.

Mark my words, if we stay healthy, me and Ramius will be here 3 or 4 years from now trying to figure out whether or not yet another one of these corners or safeties was a bust at #11(2 if you count McKelvin). Well Ramius, my answer will be the same as it was with Whitner, that gem of a pick: It doesn't matter how good your secondary is when your front 4 isn't worth s :w00t: t.

I mean this in the figurative sense of course but if Dick Levy drafts another first round db next month (and I believe he will), he should be tossed out of an airplane.

I heard that, Bill, and immediately thought of you.

All I can say is, I hope they're wrong. And if Jenkins is indeed the top player left at any position, please let the Bills trade down.

All I can say is, I hope they're wrong. And if Jenkins is indeed the top player left at any position, please let the Bills trade down.

For the sake of this discusion, please tell me what you think that the Bills would do in that scenario. I am very curious.

Also, do you know when the schedule comes out? Gotta make plans, ya know! :rolleyes::w00t:

IMO the Bills will take either 1 of 2 positions/players. They will go with Maybin if he is available and keep him at OLB instead of converting him to a DE. Hes a much needed upgrade over Ellison. Or.....they will go with the best DB on the board, which will most likely be Jenkins and convert him to S this year with the option to convert back to CB after we lose McGee next year. I've gone on record saying in the past that we should have signed Greer to big money now and attempted to trade McGee since he is older and has more value as a successful return man. Ugh!!! if we go DB in the first round I might burn Tricky Dicky's house down. :rolleyes:

For the sake of this discusion, please tell me what you think that the Bills would do in that scenario. I am very curious.

Also, do you know when the schedule comes out? Gotta make plans, ya know! :rolleyes::w00t:

Try to sell the rights to the Bills in Toronto group.

Seriously? I wish they'd trade down in that scenario, but haven't seen anything from the current player personnel group to make me believe they would agree. I hope -- HOPE -- they realize they need either a pass rusher or an O-lineman at that spot, although I think you and I agree that they wouldn't pick a guard or center that high.

Schedule should be out anywhere in the neighborhood of April 7-14, but I haven't heard anything official yet. I'm just hoping they don't decide to take Tampa Bay, the only team I've never seen in person, as the Toronto game.

IMO the Bills will take either 1 of 2 positions/players. They will go with Maybin if he is available and keep him at OLB instead of converting him to a DE. Hes a much needed upgrade over Ellison. Or.....they will go with the best DB on the board, which will most likely be Jenkins and convert him to S this year with the option to convert back to CB after we lose McGee next year. I've gone on record saying in the past that we should have signed Greer to big money now and attempted to trade McGee since he is older and has more value as a successful return man. Ugh!!! if we go DB in the first round I might burn Tricky Dicky's house down. :rolleyes:

Converting ...? Maybin played RDE in a 4-3 at Penn State.