Tony or Tony?

BillsNYC

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's as much of a short-term fix as Gonzalez would be. But hey, where you're concerned, the best player is the one who doesn't currently play for the Bills.

Of course they are both short term. The point someone made was that TG was on the downside of his career. Just saying that this was not so, byhis performance last year--particularly compared to The One.

You know, it would be quite easy to agree with the statement that the best player(s) out there doesn't currently play for the Bills. But I would love if at least a few of them did. Wouldn't you? Oh, that's right--your pretty much all set with whatever Ralph and his band of football nimrods serve up.

But for this discussion, a meaningful move would have been to make a play for Boldin---a guy who would actually have the potential to make an impact for more than a year; i. e. more than a gimmick. It would have a secondary effect of relieving us of the agita about how our first pick will be wasted this year.

Of course they are both short term. The point someone made was that TG was on the downside of his career. Just saying that this was not so, byhis performance last year--particularly compared to The One.

You know, it would be quite easy to agree with the statement that the best player(s) out there doesn't currently play for the Bills. But I would love if at least a few of them did. Wouldn't you? Oh, that's right--your pretty much all set with whatever Ralph and his band of football nimrods serve up.

But for this discussion, a meaningful move would have been to make a play for Boldin---a guy who would actually have the potential to make an impact for more than a year; i. e. more than a gimmick. It would have a secondary effect of relieving us of the agita about how our first pick will be wasted this year.

Yes I recall you hawking Boldin before. A guy who like TO is certainly talented, but who has had injury issues, has been trying to get traded out of Arizona for years, and who pulled a stunt worse than anything TO ever did in the NFCCG.

And we don't even know if the Cards are trying to trade him. Just like we don't know if the Chefs are actually trying to trade Gonzalez. You can mentally masturbate about adding this player or that, but if they're not available, it's pointless. And what draft pick would you be willing to give-up for Gonzalez?

Besides, since TO is a short-term fix (or not even, as you claim), why add another short-term fix? Just like why add another unstable personality (Mike Martz) to the equation? It's not like we can go back in time.

Yes I recall you hawking Boldin before. A guy who like TO is certainly talented, but who has had injury issues, has been trying to get traded out of Arizona for years, and who pulled a stunt worse than anything TO ever did in the NFCCG.

And we don't even know if the Cards are trying to trade him. Just like we don't know if the Chefs are actually trying to trade Gonzalez. You can mentally masturbate about adding this player or that, but if they're not available, it's pointless. And what draft pick would you be willing to give-up for Gonzalez?

Besides, since TO is a short-term fix (or not even, as you claim), why add another short-term fix? Just like why add another unstable personality (Mike Martz) to the equation? It's not like we can go back in time.

I agree--the act that Boldin pulled at the end of the game was bad behavior. But the guy just wanted to get into the game.

TO is always in the game, getting his touches (and drops)---but it's still never enough. He screaming on the filed, off the field. He makes a fool of himself. If you think that that one incident of Boldin's was worse than "anything that TO ever did", then I would enjoy hearing you expalin why TO was dumped from every team he has played on, depsite his superior talent.

Gee, we don't know if Boldin is available, so we can't even discuss it? How do you think these discusions get started? You don't think that the Cards are letting it be known that would trade him for the right offer? Why on earth not? They are loaded at WR, the guy's unhappy, and they have other needs. You don't think other teams are exploring this?

As for TG, he's still one of the best TEs in the league. If we only need TO for a year why not get TG for two? I'd give a 3rd rounder for that any day. He's far better than any 3rd rounder we could possibly find in this draft.

I agree--the act that Boldin pulled at the end of the game was bad behavior. But the guy just wanted to get into the game.

TO is always in the game, getting his touches (and drops)---but it's still never enough. He screaming on the filed, off the field. He makes a fool of himself. If you think that that one incident of Boldin's was worse than "anything that TO ever did", then I would enjoy hearing you expalin why TO was dumped from every team he has played on, depsite his superior talent.

Gee, we don't know if Boldin is available, so we can't even discuss it? How do you think these discusions get started? You don't think that the Cards are letting it be known that would trade him for the right offer? Why on earth not? They are loaded at WR, the guy's unhappy, and they have other needs. You don't think other teams are exploring this?

As for TG, he's still one of the best TEs in the league. If we only need TO for a year why not get TG for two? I'd give a 3rd rounder for that any day. He's far better than any 3rd rounder we could possibly find in this draft.

LOL! Yes, Boldin "just wanted to get into the game" while TO just rants and raves for no reason. I guess that's why Boldin left in a huff immediately after the game and didn't celebrate with his teammates. Maybe they didn't let him into the group hug? :rolleyes:

A (consistent) cynic would say that Boldin is where TO was in his final years with the 49'ers (Owens was with them for 8 years, Boldin's been with the Cards for 6). And that his desires to be traded and his antics during the NFCCG are warning signs. To go along with the games he's missed. But it's apparent you like Boldin and don't like TO, so that's why you defend Boldin. Or it's because TO is a Bills and Boldin isn't. I get it.

Why is TO on his 4th team? Why is Moss on his 3rd team? Why is Wade Phillips still the head coach of the Cowboys (TO's 3rd team)? Why is Tony Romo dating Jessica Simpson and making a spectacle of himself, while going to Cabo before playoffs games that he can't win? I dunno.

I'd consider Gonzalez for a 3rd rounder. But he rebuffed the Bills' overtures last year. I don't see why anything would change.

LOL! Yes, Boldin "just wanted to get into the game" while TO just rants and raves for no reason. I guess that's why Boldin left in a huff immediately after the game and didn't celebrate with his teammates. Maybe they didn't let him into the group hug? :rolleyes:

A (consistent) cynic would say that Boldin is where TO was in his final years with the 49'ers (Owens was with them for 8 years, Boldin's been with the Cards for 6). And that his desires to be traded and his antics during the NFCCG are warning signs. To go along with the games he's missed. But it's apparent you like Boldin and don't like TO, so that's why you defend Boldin. Or it's because TO is a Bills and Boldin isn't. I get it.

Why is TO on his 4th team? Why is Moss on his 3rd team? Why is Wade Phillips still the head coach of the Cowboys (TO's 3rd team)? Why is Tony Romo dating Jessica Simpson and making a spectacle of himself, while going to Cabo before playoffs games that he can't win? I dunno.

I'd consider Gonzalez for a 3rd rounder. But he rebuffed the Bills' overtures last year. I don't see why anything would change.

The point you miss is that TO is always IN the game, but never satisfied with the attention he gets from his QB and OC. In this one instance, Boldin lost his mind thinking he was missing out on the big game.

With TO there have never been "warning signs"---just actual acts committed (calling out his QB or his organization on radio shows and interviews, spitting in the face of an opponent, "accidental overdose").

Really??---"dunno" why TO is on his 4th team? Why would you pretend not to know?? How does it help you to say that?

TO is on his 4th team because his last 2 ouright suspended/deactivated/released him. By contrast, none of this happened to Boldin---in fact, you insist he is "unavailable" to other teams.

It's not about "like" and "dislike"---it's about what's better for this team. You think it's better to rol the dice with a year of TO. I prefer Boldin for the balance of his career.

The point you miss is that TO is always IN the game, but never satisfied with the attention he gets from his QB and OC. In this one instance, Boldin lost his mind thinking he was missing out on the big game.

With TO there have never been "warning signs"---just actual acts committed (calling out his QB or his organization on radio shows and interviews, spitting in the face of an opponent, "accidental overdose").

Really??---"dunno" why TO is on his 4th team? Why would you pretend not to know?? How does it help you to say that?

TO is on his 4th team because his last 2 ouright suspended/deactivated/released him. By contrast, none of this happened to Boldin---in fact, you insist he is "unavailable" to other teams.

It's not about "like" and "dislike"---it's about what's better for this team. You think it's better to rol the dice with a year of TO. I prefer Boldin for the balance of his career.

So then, why has no one traded for Boldin yet? Surely such a great, and apparently available, talent such as him would have been traded by now, right? Surely it couldn't have anything to do with the concerns I pointed out, could it? There are 30 other teams in the NFL, you know.

And I answered your question about TO being on his 4th team with a couple questions, regarding Moss being on his 3rd team and the Cowboys being run by a moron, which you seem to have ignored. Speaking of Moss, what about him running down traffic control officer, admitting to smoking marijuana, date rape, and his lack of effort? Oh and he also criticized Daunte Culpepper. Surely those trump spitting at a player, calling out McNabb for being the choker he is, wanting the ball, and the alleged suicide attempt because he was so depressed. Would you take Moss on the Bills? I'm betting you would.

And since you're so big on his past history, he's never been a problem in his first year with a new team. So the Bills have NOTHING to worry about.

In the old NFL pre free agency, I think i would take Tony S since you could keep him for many years, thus with him being young, you would be set for awhile.

Now that we are in the New NFL, I think I am reverting to always taking the better player - Tony G, who while on the downside, has had 2 great seasons the last 2 years. Under free agency, the Bills sign or draft a guy and there are gone in 2-3 seasons, so get Tony G for 2 seasons in my opinion.

I think Scheffler is the obvious choice.

As great as Tony G is, I still don't think this team is anywhere near to being a contender, and i also don't think he would make us one. The D and coaching is just too crappy.

So even IF you could convince Gonzo to come here (didn't he already say no?), the 1-2 years we would have him would be wasted IMO.

Scheffler is a fantastic reciever to compliment Schouman and Fine, and could be here for a lot longer as part of a group of players you are building around.

I'll take the better blocker (Gonzo) plus Pettigrew. In the next 2 years, Gonzo teaches 'Grew how to work his magic, particularly in the red zone. We need these veterans to guide our young team, which will again be one of the youngest starting 22 in the NFL.

I'll take the better blocker (Gonzo) plus Pettigrew. In the next 2 years, Gonzo teaches 'Grew how to work his magic, particularly in the red zone. We need these veterans to guide our young team, which will again be one of the youngest starting 22 in the NFL.

If they get Gonzalez, they'll have to use draft picks, and in that case, a higher-round TE isn't happening.

So then, why has no one traded for Boldin yet? Surely such a great, and apparently available, talent such as him would have been traded by now, right? Surely it couldn't have anything to do with the concerns I pointed out, could it? There are 30 other teams in the NFL, you know.

And I answered your question about TO being on his 4th team with a couple questions, regarding Moss being on his 3rd team and the Cowboys being run by a moron, which you seem to have ignored. Speaking of Moss, what about him running down traffic control officer, admitting to smoking marijuana, date rape, and his lack of effort? Oh and he also criticized Daunte Culpepper. Surely those trump spitting at a player, calling out McNabb for being the choker he is, wanting the ball, and the alleged suicide attempt because he was so depressed. Would you take Moss on the Bills? I'm betting you would.

And since you're so big on his past history, he's never been a problem in his first year with a new team. So the Bills have NOTHING to worry about.

You serious? The obvious answer is that no other team has given the offer that would interest AZ. Yeah, maybe you're right--all "30 other teams in the NFL" won't even consider Boldin becuase he yelled at his OC.

Holy sh**t.

I ignored your goofy "questions" because they had absolutely NOTHING to do with TO, and were only listed because you couldn't think of an actual answer.

If I had a QB like Brady on my team, of course I would want Moss----TO, too. This isn't hard to figure out.

And you can comfort yourself now with the often repeated "TO is never a problem in his first year" (exactly what do you mean by that?), as if he has some sort of schedule or rules for becoming a horrible teammate. But as has been pointed out, he only (somewhat) behaves in his first year because he gets a LOT of touches (the only thing that motivates him as an athlete) in that first year. You must be VERY confident that Edwards will get TO the 70 catches, 1000+ yards and 10 TDs that are the price for his acceptable behavior in his "first year with a new team".

You serious? The obvious answer is that no other team has given the offer that would interest AZ. Yeah, maybe you're right--all "30 other teams in the NFL" won't even consider Boldin becuase he yelled at his OC.

Holy sh**t.

I ignored your goofy "questions" because they had absolutely NOTHING to do with TO, and were only listed because you couldn't think of an actual answer.

If I had a QB like Brady on my team, of course I would want Moss----TO, too. This isn't hard to figure out.

And you can comfort yourself now with the often repeated "TO is never a problem in his first year" (exactly what do you mean by that?), as if he has some sort of schedule or rules for becoming a horrible teammate. But as has been pointed out, he only (somewhat) behaves in his first year because he gets a LOT of touches (the only thing that motivates him as an athlete) in that first year. You must be VERY confident that Edwards will get TO the 70 catches, 1000+ yards and 10 TDs that are the price for his acceptable behavior in his "first year with a new team".

Yes, it's "obvious" that the only reason the Cards haven't traded Boldin is because they haven't gotten the right offer for him. Just like it's "obvious" that TO will become a distraction if he doesnt get at least 70 catches for 1000+ yards and 10 TD's.

"Obviously" there's no point in continuing to discuss things any further with you. Because nothing will ever change.

Yes, it's "obvious" that the only reason the Cards haven't traded Boldin is because they haven't gotten the right offer for him. Just like it's "obvious" that TO will become a distraction if he doesnt get at least 70 catches for 1000+ yards and 10 TD's.

"Obviously" there's no point in continuing to discuss things any further with you. Because nothing will ever change.

If you chose to believe that teams are staying away from Boldin for the same reason they were lining up to tell the world the didn't want TO, and if you chose to ignore the history of TOs tenure in the league re: his inability to behave in a way that most athletes feel is acceptable, and if you chose not to directly answer simple questions....then I agree, there is no point in continuing.

If you chose to believe that teams are staying away from Boldin for the same reason they were lining up to tell the world the didn't want TO, and if you chose to ignore the history of TOs tenure in the league re: his inability to behave in a way that most athletes feel is acceptable, and if you chose not to directly answer simple questions....then I agree, there is no point in continuing.

Actually, the aversion to TO has more to do with what GMs and Coaches feel is acceptable, than how athletes feel. The players don't tend to make the FA decisions. But, either way, any objective observer would have to find that TO's behavior, in his first year with a new team, has always been stellar.