Keith Ellison-LB

Rotoworld states he is a back up and scout.com says he is the starter at SLB

Bills signed restricted free agent OLB Keith Ellison to a one-year, $1.01 million contract.

Ellison, 25, has started 30 games in his three-year career. He doesn't play the run well, however, and is much better suited for a nickel linebacker role. He figures to open the season as a backup at both the SAM and WILL.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Buffalo Bills LB Keith Ellison has signed his restricted free agent tender offer, Scout.com has confirmed. Ellison was tendered at his original draft round (sixth) level at $1.01 million.

Ellison is penciled in as the starter at SLB this season.

"He’s done a really nice job for us whenever he’s stepped in and played. He’s very smart, very athletic, a tough guy, a great teammate. So we’re OK," head coach Dick Jauron said this week about Ellison.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&amp...61909&fhn=1

I can safely say that Ellison will not start this upcoming season.

The Bills are playing it smart in terms of their OLB status. They'll wait until the draft and see what develops, if a guy like Everette Brown falls into their laps at 11, they'll take him and sign June or Keiaho after the draft.

LB is really deep right now in FA and in the draft, so it would be foolish to rush a decision.

Ellison is fine as a backup and special teams player, but I cant stand to watch him get bowled over by RBs week after week.

Rotoworld states he is a back up and scout.com says he is the starter at SLB

Bills signed restricted free agent OLB Keith Ellison to a one-year, $1.01 million contract.

Ellison, 25, has started 30 games in his three-year career. He doesn't play the run well, however, and is much better suited for a nickel linebacker role. He figures to open the season as a backup at both the SAM and WILL.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Buffalo Bills LB Keith Ellison has signed his restricted free agent tender offer, Scout.com has confirmed. Ellison was tendered at his original draft round (sixth) level at $1.01 million.

Ellison is penciled in as the starter at SLB this season.

"He’s done a really nice job for us whenever he’s stepped in and played. He’s very smart, very athletic, a tough guy, a great teammate. So we’re OK," head coach Dick Jauron said this week about Ellison.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&amp...61909&fhn=1

Of course he's listed as the starter, now. The question is, will be be the starter on kickoff of opening day? I really hope that isn't the case.

I like that they re-signed him though, as he is a fine sub, IMO.

I can safely say that Ellison will not start this upcoming season.

The Bills are playing it smart in terms of their OLB status. They'll wait until the draft and see what develops, if a guy like Everette Brown falls into their laps at 11, they'll take him and sign June or Keiaho after the draft.

LB is really deep right now in FA and in the draft, so it would be foolish to rush a decision.

Ellison is fine as a backup and special teams player, but I cant stand to watch him get bowled over by RBs week after week.

Exactly. I find it very hard to believe that they would have their starter paid one million for one year.

I've always liked Ellison's play. He's never going to get outworked, and he knows how to move to the ball

Hmm. For whatever reason, I can't stand him. I really have nothing against him besides the fact that he's not a good player. He's like Shaud Williams. Had no reason to hate him, just did. I despised the fact that the Bills wasted a roster spot on that fool.

Keith Ellison-LB- Bills Mar. 25 - 7:13 pm et

Source: scout.com

Keith Ellison-LB- Bills Mar. 25 - 7:13 pm et

Source: scout.com

Backup to whom? Pat Thomas ?!? Either get June or Keiaho in here, or draft a nasty, glass-chewing, nail-spitting 'backer on the first day (my preference). Please?

P.S.: try scrolling down next time, Steely ... :censored:

Backup to whom? Pat Thomas ?!? Either get June or Keiaho in here, or draft a nasty, glass-chewing, nail-spitting 'backer on the first day (my preference). Please?

P.S.: try scrolling down next time, Steely ... :censored:

I did look but didn't see anything on it. :blush:

I'll look harder next time. (If I had a nickel for every time I said that to a woman! :D )

Anyhoo, thank God he's back. I was sweatin that one out. Whewww!

I do not see him being the starter - remember he was not going into last season. His experience positions him well as a back up. I think it is alo very telling that he did not sign a long term deal or for more money elsewhere. Not a big vote of confidence outside of Buffalo.