more on Peters' new agent

Holy cow, Riter, Graham and now Wawrow.

Nice to see Schopp's assessment that internet forums are a wasteland of illiterate boobs come true.

Hey! :thumbsup:

:nana:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's odd, I see Cat's post as full of an insight not previously offered on the BB. One that actually challenges me to look at the situation in a different light. Essentially, the opposite reaction you have to his post.

I find that comforting and VERY reassuring.

GO BILLS!!!

ditto :thumbsup:

Don't know if this clarifies things, but there has been a lot of consolidation in the agency business. Taylor could simply be affiliated with Parker's agency, but handles the day to day stuff with Peters.

:thumbsup:

Outstanding point. Peters fired idiot Parker because, in my opinion, he's a good kid who just wants to be a great football player. Obviously, the rest of his peers already think he's great, with the second Pro Bowl vote despite what all of we Bills fans think was an off year for him! No way does Peters hold out this season. My guess, is that he would like to actually play in one of these Pro Bowls, and these late season injuries - or at least last years - could be attributed to him being physically off the entire year by missing every freakin' workout the Bills held, right up unitl the eve of the first game of the season! I think Peters knows he going to get paid, and I think he is going to concentrate on football this season.

Good post.

thanks, lori. longtime reader, first-time (whoops, now second-time) poster. not sure if i can add any more decorum to this hallowed board. but i'll attempt to provide what perspective i have when and where i can, especially approaching what should be a very entertaining year -- win or lose -- and a daunting one at that for us folks in the trenches for obvious reasons: t.o. AND t.o, and not always in that order, if you catch my drift.

jw

Yup, if nothing else, at least it shouldn't be boring ...

My lack of real knowledge summary is:

1. Peters has not fired anyone (I have not seen this stated anywhere simply outside observer conclusions being drawn based on who is quoted speaking for Peters in various press reports).

2. Both Taylor and Parker have been officially acknowledged by the the media generally and NFLPA represent Peters. It is unclear to what extent Taylor/Peters are part of the same firm or simply co-ordinate their activities/payment by Peters.

3. The only certainty her is that Peters is the boss and even if Parker is some Svengali puppeting Peters around the ultimate responsibility for what is said and paying people is Peters.

My GUESS is that this is simply a normal division of labor btw the agents and/or them doing good agent/bad agent with the Bills.

Welcome also, John. When you say 'add' decorum that would imply that a level of decorum already exists.

Not only would I urge you to add decorum, I would welcome a full redecoration. Rearrange the furniture, paint the walls, refinish the floors. Heck, put in an additional bathroom or two. Actually, I'm not sure we can have ENOUGH bathrooms. At the moment, it's like the troughs at a sold out Ralph at halftime.

Offseason really clogs the pipes.

GO BILLS!!!

thanks. though i'm trying to avoid being drawn into the poddy talk, leaving me concerned in regards to your curious bathroom fixation, K. modern medicine has cures for that, eh?

:D

oh, and thanks for the hello, dean, too.

:D

Outstanding point. Peters fired idiot Parker because, in my opinion, he's a good kid who just wants to be a great football player. Obviously, the rest of his peers already think he's great, with the second Pro Bowl vote despite what all of we Bills fans think was an off year for him! No way does Peters hold out this season. My guess, is that he would like to actually play in one of these Pro Bowls, and these late season injuries - or at least last years - could be attributed to him being physically off the entire year by missing every freakin' workout the Bills held, right up unitl the eve of the first game of the season! I think Peters knows he going to get paid, and I think he is going to concentrate on football this season.

I have to disagree on couple things here. I convinced Peters will holdout all training camp again and the fact is he did not perform at a Pro Bowl level last despite what his peers thought of him. He didn't deserve to be in the Pro Bowl last year period! Did you watch him play? If your going to talk the talk then you know. Bruce Smith used to hold out what seemed every year but when the whistle blew he backed it up! Peters didn't. A good kid? Are you good friends with him?

I have to disagree on couple things here. I convinced Peters will holdout all training camp again

Well, if he doesn't get a new contract, that's pretty much guaranteed.

But, are you suggesting that, if the Bills sign Peters to a new contract, he will hold out anyway, this year? Really?

Well, if he doesn't get a new contract, that's pretty much guaranteed.

But, are you suggesting that, if the Bills sign Peters to a new contract, he will hold out anyway, this year? Really?

I'm not so sure that he will hold out again, even without a new contract. If the FO is in contact with Peters agent, and is showing a willingness to extend his contract, I believe he will be in camp.

It really didn't work out well for either party last year. Peters and his agent all ready know that the Bills FO won't cave into their demands by holding out. I believe that in retrospect they saw that they came out on the losing end last year. I would have to believe that Peters agent will look to change things up this year, and not try to play hardball again.

If they decide to play hardball, they would be foolish to think that the Bills FO and mainly Ralph Wilson will tolerate this ploy again. Peters has a lot to risk by holding out. The Bills could easily take the extension offered, off the table and force him to either play out his contract at less than $4 Million a year or sit out and make nothing.

This is why, and I have said this repeatedly, the Bills are holding all the cards. He either plays ball and accepts the extension and gets payed very good money or he rejects the contract extension and gets payed considerably less or sits out and makes nothing.

His agent is posturing, just like any good agent would do, as long as the Bills don't shop him, I would imagine that a deal will get done. It's in both parties interest

I'm not so sure that he will hold out again, even without a new contract. If the FO is in contact with Peters agent, and is showing a willingness to extend his contract, I believe he will be in camp.

Good point. I'm not sure I completely agree, but you may be right. The Bills obviously are planning to give him a new contract, so that may be enough incentive to get him to camp. Actually, I expect (and really hope) the situation is settled before that.

But, in my last post, I was trying to figure out what the heck seq was getting at. It's a given, I think, that if Peters plays with the Bills, this year, it will be with a new contract. Why does he expect Peters to hold out, then?

Are you kidding? I hope you are, because in the next two years, Peters will be getting somewhere between $50 and $70 mill, and I don't know too many agents who get irritated with a bit of work for a client like that.

Peters will never get that much in real money. By all accounts Haynesworth may have signed a contract that says something to that effect but will never realize the full term and neither will Jason.

Good point. I'm not sure I completely agree, but you may be right. The Bills obviously are planning to give him a new contract, so that may be enough incentive to get him to camp. Actually, I expect (and really hope) the situation is settled before that.

But, in my last post, I was trying to figure out what the heck seq was getting at. It's a given, I think, that if Peters plays with the Bills, this year, it will be with a new contract. Why does he expect Peters to hold out, then?

I would think so. It would be hard to imagine Peters turning down the extension that would at least pay him %150 more than what he all ready is making. There is no way I see Peters turning down this contract offer. As long as we don't trade him, what are his alternatives?