All Throwbacks in opening game vs Pats

zow2

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I adore this opportunity...throwbacks...Josh McDaniels in Denver...Pats secondary is undersized- T.O. could have a huge night...you never know Brady could be rusty...even with Lynch possibly suspended the Bills could still have a chance...

HOWEVER...It all rests on several need positions, in which the Front Office desperately needs to address...

If I could recommend to the Front Office before the draft:

-negotiate a trade for DT Shaun Rogers

-see the worth of Brian Watters

-wouldn’t hurt to see what TE Sheffler is going for either

If you look at the picture on NFL.com, the Patriots throwback jerseys are white. So, this will be natural that the Bills will be in their blue jerseys and the Pats will be in white.

They have pictures of all the teams and their throwbacks!

And why are the Chiefs wearing the 1962 Dallas Texans jersey? uhhhh, dumb?

I'm going on assumption this is a joke. JIC, they Kansas City Chiefs WERE the Dallas Texans for a couple years at the start of the AFL. The Cowboys started up the same year ('60) and "this town ain't big enough fer the two of us.." IIRC, they were in a league championship as the Texans.

I'm going on assumption this is a joke. JIC, they Kansas City Chiefs WERE the Dallas Texans for a couple years at the start of the AFL. The Cowboys started up the same year ('60) and "this town ain't big enough fer the two of us.." IIRC, they were in a league championship as the Texans.

Yes they were... in 1962... the famous Abner Haynes "We'll kick to the clock" blunder, for those old enough to remember, or to have read "strange but true football stories" in their school libraries...

It is going to look real strange on TV with KC helmets with Texas on it.

Home team gets choice of wearing home or away jerseys so I am guessing that Patriots* agreed to wear white away jerseys.

During one home and one road game, former AFL teams will meet head-to-head while wearing their chosen historic uniforms.

I assume this means Bills also agreed to wear Blue home jerseys in 2nd game before full schedule was released.

There's no way we'll be wearing white throwbacks. I'm pretty sure each team has one home, one away, and one throwback jersey available to use. Not to mention, a white throwback was not part of the marketing campaign that's been rocking for the past four years or so.

If a white jersey were an option, trust me, Buffalo would be selling white jerseys to the public.

I'd rather trust the fact that one of two teams on the field always wears white.

There's no way we'll be wearing white throwbacks. I'm pretty sure each team has one home, one away, and one throwback jersey available to use. Not to mention, a white throwback was not part of the marketing campaign that's been rocking for the past four years or so.

If a white jersey were an option, trust me, Buffalo would be selling white jerseys to the public.

I heard someone of GR, maybe Paul Hamilton (I could be wrong) that the Bills and Pats might both wear their dark uniforms for the game, no white to be worn at all. It would definitely be a break from NFL tradition...but do any of you old timers know if the AFL ever did that? Having both teams wearig their dark uniforms?

The Bills will wear their blue throwbacks. Check out the homepage at www.nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Yep- it definitely looks like the Bills will wear Blue and the Pats will wear white. Good stuff. Other than the AFL patch on the jersey, doesn't appear that the Bills will have any changes to the throwbacks they've worn the last couple years.

Yeah, that would be it....very nice, clean look. I like the '73 version with the blue pants, but this all white version fits the "Bill."

Gawd, I just hope they don't wear those awful 1960 blue and silver jobs...which BTW, Ralph wanted those colors since he's from Detroit and was a minority owner in the Lions before buying the Buffalo AFL franchise.

I thought they were going to wear the 1960 uni in the hall of fame game. If approved for that game, they could wear it in Foxboro, right?

Ryan Whitner...our greatest safety ever

Why is it, on that site, that the only picture they could find decent enough to post for Norwood is walking off the field dejected after wide right?

The Bills are 100% wearing white uniforms during the HOF game and the MNF opener. Patriots will be wearing red. The Chargers will also be wearing white uniforms. New uni's will launch in August.

Sure does not seem that way.