TE Sheffler

Scheffler will never reach his potential because he is always hurt.

Even when he is able to play, he plays hurt and far below his skill level.

find some healthy players to overpay.

He missed 3 games in 2006, played in all 16 in 2007 and missed 3 in 2008.

He put up nice numbers, in both 2007 and 2008 (despite missing those 3 games).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He missed 3 games in 2006, played in all 16 in 2007 and missed 3 in 2008.

He put up nice numbers, in both 2007 and 2008 (despite missing those 3 games).

Obviously you did not follow the Broncos in 2008.

As I said, he missed 3 games outright in 2008- but he was a game time decision in almost all of them and was playing hurt.

IF the Bills are going to trade resosurces and then overpay - they better get a healthy player who will be on field.

they should use the draft pick on Ingram and get a superior athlete

As I said, he missed 3 games outright in 2008- but he was a game time decision in almost all of them and was playing hurt.

Yet he had 40 receptions for 645 yards, and a 16.6 YPC avg. Hell, I don't care if he was playing on crutches, that's some decent production, and he would certainly represent an upgrade at TE, for the Bills.

Remember, Roberto Clemente played every game hurt.

IF the Bills are going to trade resosurces and then overpay - they better get a healthy player who will be on field.

they should use the draft pick on Ingram and get a superior athlete

Ingram might be a bust; Scheffler is a very good TE already.

I personally think the Bills should not trade for him and keep the draft picks. The guy is good but i would rather have a Jason Witten type player. Witten can catch and block. Derek Fine might be that kind of TE. Lets see what he can do.

were not getting rid of Fine. we lost Royal remember? You need 3-4 TE's Right now we have one legit TE and Schouman (spelling) who is really and H back and a bubble player anyway. I would not give up a top 3 pick for this guy though. Too may good TE's in the Draft.

Yet he had 40 receptions for 645 yards, and a 16.6 YPC avg. Hell, I don't care if he was playing on crutches, that's some decent production, and he would certainly represent an upgrade at TE, for the Bills.

Remember, Roberto Clemente played every game hurt.

I love the 16.6 ypc. he could really stretch the seem.

Man, we really need to get this guy. Offer up a 3rd this year or a conditional pick next year that could go as high as a 2nd if he makes the Pro Bowl and be done with it.

No higher than a 4th rounder. Those high draft picks are very valuable.

No higher than a 4th rounder. Those high draft picks are very valuable.

I'm with you. A 4th should be it, for this year. If a 5th, or 6th, next year is required, I'd consider it.

were not getting rid of Fine. we lost Royal remember? You need 3-4 TE's Right now we have one legit TE and Schouman (spelling) who is really and H back and a bubble player anyway. I would not give up a top 3 pick for this guy though. Too may good TE's in the Draft.

Right, and there were many good TE's last year too. The Bills either skipped over, or

just missed on the top 4 or 5 TE's.

I like what I hear about Sheffler, but wonder with the pick of Fine last year if the Bills

are willing to go after him. Maybe the dumping of Royal was signaling the Bills are

happy with Fine.

I don't know if Sheffler is as good as has been posted on these boards, or if he is just

the best of what is available? That being said, I would rather have a known entity, such

as Sheffler, than draft an unknown anytime.

Scheffler is available because the Broncos are committed to blocking TEs?

Dude, so are we.

We have long wanted a guy who can both block and catch. We have long passed on a parade of TEs who can only catch. Expect that trend to continue and hope we can somehow manage to pick up Pettigrew because he's the only one of the top 8 or so TEs in this draft who can block at all.

This would be McDaniel's Wes Welker. Roscoe with Marshall and Royal would give Cutler and his Coach reason to mend the broken heart. Plus Denver's special teams suck.

Wait, Parrish would be McDaniel's Wes Welker? Yeah, like Rob Johnson was our Johnny Unitas.

Welker gets off the line. Roscoe has shown a near-complete lack of ability to get off the line.

Welker's yards last year: 1165

Parrish's yards last year: 232

There is no comparison whatsoever. We were begging for Parrish to outplay Josh Reed and he couldn't beat out Reed or play on the outside either.

Wait, Parrish would be McDaniel's Wes Welker? Yeah, like Rob Johnson was our Johnny Unitas.

Welker gets off the line. Roscoe has shown a near-complete lack of ability to get off the line.

Welker's yards last year: 1165

Parrish's yards last year: 232

There is no comparison whatsoever. We were begging for Parrish to outplay Josh Reed and he couldn't beat out Reed or play on the outside either.

Good one! Look at Welkers stat's before NE. Before he had Belly, McDaniels and Brady. Before Moss and that D. A good game plan goes a long way. But a great team can help anyone. In NE I'd bet Roscoe could do more damage in than 232 yards. Will he be the next Wes Welker? No. But we are talking about trading(with a coach that may exploit his talents) for Scheffler not Welker.

Roscoe has shown a near-complete lack of ability to get off the line.

I'm not singling you out, on this, as it has been mentioned by many. I'm just picking this time to respond.

Roscoe can't "get off the line"? This is the same guy that can take a punt, and make the first guy miss, nearly every time, no matter how close, or what angle the defender has, and get up to full speed in about three strides...and yet you want me to believe this guy really can't get off the line?

There are some issues with Roscoe as a WR. I'm sure many have to do with how he is used, and some have to do with Roscoe, himself. But, I don't think "getting off the line" is Roscoe's real issue.

I'm not singling you out, on this, as it has been mentioned by many. I'm just picking this time to respond.

Roscoe can't "get off the line"? This is the same guy that can take a punt, and make the first guy miss, nearly every time, no matter how close, or what angle the defender has, and get up to full speed in about three strides...and yet you want me to believe this guy really can't get off the line?

There are some issues with Roscoe as a WR. I'm sure many have to do with how he is used, and some have to do with Roscoe, himself. But, I don't think "getting off the line" is Roscoe's real issue.

Especially when he's in the slot and not on the line to begin with...