Gunman kills 3 police officers in Oakland

thebug

I'm sure the gunman will be described as having "an extensive criminal record"

The jails and prisons are overcrowded? There is a simple solution- no more commutation of death sentences. That should clear up some space.

hey djb, trade you my bobby jindal avatar for the girl with big boobs avatar? He's like the best the republicans have to offer, but he can't compare with your avatar.

I'll ask djb

Would also help to send the illegals back to Mexico. About a third of the prisoners in CA are illegals, although this guy wasn't an illegal.

This occurred about a half mile east of the Coliseum/ Oracle Arena Area, one of the worst sections of town. About 1:30 PM, two cycle cops had a normal traffic stop. The driver shot both in the head. One died and the other is on life support. They closed down ten blocks looking for the shooter. An anonymous tip told them he was holed up in an apartment building. The SWAT team went in and and the shooter was in a closet. He shot through the door and killed two SWAT members and grazed a third.

I think Oakland is where a white rail cop shot a young black guy handcuffed on the platform a while back. Wonder if there are tensions.

It was about 2 AM on New Years Day There was trouble on the BART train and they pulled the kids off the train and onto the platform. I saw the cell phone pictures. it is hard to tell if he was handcuffed or not. It looked to me like the BART cop was going to Taze him, but accidentally reached for his gun instead. East Oakland (where the murders of the cops happened yesterday) is a hellhole. Look up "Your Black Muslim Bakery" to see how F'd up it is.

I'm sure the gunman will be described as having "an extensive criminal record"

The jails and prisons are overcrowded? There is a simple solution- no more commutation of death sentences. That should clear up some space.

So would legalizing marijuana.

RIP to the officers involved.

The room temperature piece of excrement's sister (probably the one who's apartment he was hiding in) was on local TV this AM blaming the BART shooting.

I thought they were blaming his parole officer. And what does the BART shooting have to do with this?