Gunman kills 3 police officers in Oakland

thebug

I thought they were blaming his parole officer. And what does the BART shooting have to do with this?

She said that the BART shooting made her brother know that he " had no chance".

I just report, can't fathom her logic.

I'm in the SF Bay area, so this is all over the local talk shows today. Another reason Oakland is so F'd up is the last two mayors, Jerry Brown (ex-governor and current AG Moonbeam) and Ron Dellums (who never met a Commie he didn't like). Philly, NYC, and other large cities have about 30-40 cops/10K residents. Oakland has 18/10K.

At least the city of Oakland is looking better. Yesterday they had a vigil outside the building where the SWAT cops were killed. 200-300 people, black and white showed up vs about 10 for the murderer (probably his family).

The funeral for all four policemen is being held Friday morning at the Oracle Arena (where the Warriors play). They expect 18,000 people to attend. Cops from the area and the whole state have volunteered to fill in for the Oakland Police so that the entire force can attend. Tonight they showed the contingent from Orange County (>50 cops and 26 cars- one from each city) driving past the arena.

The ceremony is just ending.

There were so many people (25,000!!!) that 7,000 people had to to watch on the scoreboard at the Oakland Colesium next door. The cops are streaming out and lining up in formation. They have a 20 police helicopter formation flying overhead.

This morning, about two hours before the ceremony, people were pulling over on the Interstate to allow a motorcade of police cars as far as you could see to come down the Interstate and into the parking lots for the Arena. Almost all of the overpasses on the routes (one funeral procession came from Tracy, about 40 miles away) had people firemen, and cops honoring them.

I see on the TV some Mounties standing outside. I see some Marines too. Two partol officers from Chicago drove their cruiser to Oakland.

At least the city of Oakland is looking better. Yesterday they had a vigil outside the building where the SWAT cops were killed. 200-300 people, black and white showed up vs about 10 for the murderer (probably his family).

They also had a shrine for the murderer. Did you see that? Some were calling the murderer a "soldier" Made me want to puke. Turned it off before the report was done.

They also had a shrine for the murderer. Did you see that? Some were calling the murderer a "soldier" Made me want to puke. Turned it off before the report was done.
Yes. The organizer said it was because police shoot more blacks than whites. That kind of "logic" will keep race relations a open sore in this country forever.