Pat White Pro Day

http://www.da.wvu.edu/show_article.php?story_id=42205

Pat White put on 20 lbs since the Senior Bowl and showed a lot of downfield zip and improved footwork during his pro day. White asked scouts after working out at QB if they would like to see him at WR and there were no takers. I think he's a great day 2 prospect who could be productive in the NFL, especially if his throwing mechanics are improved.

While he's projected by many as a Wildcat QB, and I would be afraid to see what he could do in that position, I think with some time under his belt he could develop into a solid QB and possibly a game changer in the right offensive set up.

Two comparable players, Antwaan Randle El and Kordell Stewart went in the second round so there's even a chance White could be a first day pick.

I didn't watch his career but have heard nothing but great things about him as a player and as a person. Also, didn't he have a great Senior Bowl?

He worked out for the Pats today. I would hate to see what Billy B would come up with for him if they drafted Pat White.

I'm more concerned about him in the backfield with Brown and Williams in Miami

Great character guy, very likable genuine person who loves football. He wasn't the greatest passer at WVU, but he took significant strides this year as a QB and has a lot of upside when throwing the ball. I'd compare him more towards Seneca Wallace or Kordell Stewart, but much faster than Stewart.

http://www.da.wvu.edu/show_article.php?story_id=42205

Pat White put on 20 lbs since the Senior Bowl and showed a lot of downfield zip and improved footwork during his pro day. White asked scouts after working out at QB if they would like to see him at WR and there were no takers. I think he's a great day 2 prospect who could be productive in the NFL, especially if his throwing mechanics are improved.

While he's projected by many as a Wildcat QB, and I would be afraid to see what he could do in that position, I think with some time under his belt he could develop into a solid QB and possibly a game changer in the right offensive set up.

The NFL network was reporting that his coach told 28 NFL scouts at his pro day that he WOULD NOT be running routes or returning punts and the scouts were upset about it.

All he did was throw at his pro day and they didn't need to be there for that,they saw him throw at the senior bowl and combine. The sole reason the scouts came to his pro day was to watch the guy run routes to see how he would perform as a WR. Basically stating he wants to be drafted as a QB rather then a WR or KR. Mayock reported that this might push him back into later rounds.

Funny that he goes to NE to run routes and return kicks for them. :rolleyes:

White also didn’t run any wide receiver drills during the workout, but had any of the scouts asked him to, he said he gladly would have.

Direct from the article. I've yet to hear anything about him working out in NE.

Found an article that stated he did in fact workout for Denver and Pats*

I'm more concerned about him in the backfield with Brown and Williams in Miami

Great character guy, very likable genuine person who loves football. He wasn't the greatest passer at WVU, but he took significant strides this year as a QB and has a lot of upside when throwing the ball. I'd compare him more towards Seneca Wallace or Kordell Stewart, but much faster than Stewart.

I'm sure you'll agree with this. If anyone had seen a single WVU game in the last four years, you immediately would know that: (1) Steve Slaton would be as good as he in the NFL; and (2) Pat White will have a productive NFL career whatever he does.

It's amazing that these scouts didn't rank Slaton higher, and that White isn't being touted as a sure-fire second rounder. White can be Slash II, only ten times better.

White will be gone in round 2.

Ramius, you know your football. If I was the Detroit Lions, I would snatch him in the second round as my franchise QB. I would draft the best LT and C in the first round to protect Pat White. What else do you want from a QB coming out of college. He was on a winning football program. He has a strong arm, very accurate and his best asset is his feet. They already have a top notch WR(Calvin Johnson) and an up and coming RB(Kevin Smith) and drafted a tackle(Gosder Cherilius) in last years draft. I think Pat White could be the Michael Vick of the Lions with better character.

I'm not sure where he will end up going, but count me among those who won't be surprised if he ends up being the best QB of this draft.

If he was still there when we make our 2nd pick, would you be ok with picking him? I would.

If he was still there when we make our 2nd pick, would you be ok with picking him? I would.

Probably not. I might LOVE it, but I probably wouldn't do it. This team needs help NOW at DE/DT, LB and TE. And, if they don't get Peters signed, and pick up another decent OL body, then add that to the list. Most of us would like to see a real center added, too.

I expect the Bills to partially add some help, in a couple of the areas listed, but I can't see them making enough progress to spend a 2nd round pick, on a "flyer" (with big upside), that certainly won't be a major impact on the success of the team for at least a couple of years.

That would be a major Donahue move. I think the Bills will play in closer to the vest, this year. And, I think they should.

Probably not. I might LOVE it, but I probably wouldn't do it. This team needs help NOW at DE/DT, LB and TE. And, if they don't get Peters signed, and pick up another decent OL body, then add that to the list. Most of us would like to see a real center added, too.

I expect the Bills to partially add some help, in a couple of the areas listed, but I can't see them making enough progress to spend a 2nd round pick, on a "flyer" (with big upside), that certainly won't be a major impact on the success of the team for at least a couple of years.

That would be a major Donahue move. I think the Bills will play in closer to the vest, this year. And, I think they should.

Very good points. I think I would be ok with it because I don't see us making any huge strides in the next couple of years anyway.

If we were to get a DE or TE in the 1st, get the Peters thing taken care of (not going to be easy)and fill other needs in 3rd and 4th etc, then build on that next year, he could pay off for us in the long run. He just looks like a can't miss talent to me, but I guess we have all seen them before

Very good points. I think I would be ok with it because I don't see us making any huge strides in the next couple of years anyway.

If we were to get a DE or TE in the 1st, get the Peters thing taken care of (not going to be easy)and fill other needs in 3rd and 4th etc, then build on that next year, he could pay off for us in the long run. He just looks like a can't miss talent to me, but I guess we have all seen them before

If all the cards fell into place, I agree. I just don't think they will.

He sure looked good against Carolina in his final bowl game. For that matter, he's always been a gamer. I really don't know how he's going to work out. My gut tells me that he would be best served in a creative role, a role that plays to his strengths. I wouldn't be surprised if some team drafts him as their Wild Cat and backup QB.

As far as him being a quality starter one day, I really don't know. Either way, I don't see him starting for some time with anyone.