Stallworth was slightly over the legal limit

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...L&hl=141452

Not good. This is a report from a Florida TV station and neither the police nor Stallworth are commenting. This thing just got much worse. He's gonna get sued by the victim's kin and could face jail time (unsure on Florida laws here).

UPDATE:

per rotoworld.com:

Donte' Stallworth's lawyer and Miami police are reportedly negotiating the terms of Stallworth's surrender.

Stallworth is facing a possible DUI manslaughter charge, which would carry a 15-year jail sentence if he's convicted. Miami's WSVN reports that even with a plea deal, a manslaughter conviction would still carry mandatory jail time. Stallworth's blood test results are due on Friday, with three separate sources are already reporting that he was over the legal limit.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drunk is Drunk, go to jail and do not pass go. Try telling the dead guys family that he was so close to sober yet he took it upon himself to kill your relative. I'm pretty sure that dog will not hunt.

?? - It was 7:17 a.m.!

The story I read, although I don't know if it was true, said he had several shots of patron and a few drinks the night before. he said he stopped at midnight or so. I would imagine that if he said he stopped drinking then, it may have been a lot later. He was picked up at 7 am like you said. That all makes sense to me. He drank a lot, was wasted, stopped sometime early in the morning (maybe 2 or 3 am?) and then drove at 7 am thinking he was okay. It still would likely register slightly over the limit if it were well over the limit a few hours earlier. That all makes sense to me and probably what happened. He was probably praying more of it had wore off by 7 am the last few days while waiting for the results.

?? - It was 7:17 a.m.!

Maybe he was out all night and had just left the Mighty Taco...

When I worked at the (now non-existent) Mighty Taco on Bailey Avenue the bars would close at 4 a.m. and we'd have a line of drunks going out the door. It wasn't probably till 6:30 that we could close the place. And this was every night. No wonder I did so poorly in college.

Back to the topic, if the report is true he's facing up to 15 years for felony vehicular manslaughter. The other interesting aspect of this story is that the accident occurred one day after he received a $4.75 million roster bonus. He might have actually been out celebrating. Wow, what a buzzkill.

Drunk is Drunk, go to jail and do not pass go. Try telling the dead guys family that he was so close to sober yet he took it upon himself to kill your relative. I'm pretty sure that dog will not hunt.

Keep in mind, these draconian limits. Have 2 beers the next hour, and get into your vehicle. Are you incapacitated, incapable of judgment?

Probably not.

I don't diminish drunk driving. But there is nary a State that doesn't nail folks with a few drinks in them, extract a nice buck out of their pockets...all the while having a solid core of real problem drivers.

And when they are finally hauled off the road and incarcerated, the politicians scream at the courts and the police forces, so they can get some face time.

Here in OH, we have checkpoints - all passing the route they set up on, are stopped. The assumption is...guilty - prove your innocence.

These are only set up in good weather - almost always funded by the general taxpayer - federal $$$.

Curiously, there are no checkpoints in the colder months. So is it so, that there is no drunk driving then?

When I worked at the (now non-existent) Mighty Taco on Bailey Avenue the bars would close at 4 a.m. and we'd have a line of drunks going out the door. It wasn't probably till 6:30 that we could close the place. And this was every night. No wonder I did so poorly in college.

Back to the topic, if the report is true he's facing up to 15 years for felony vehicular manslaughter. The other interesting aspect of this story is that the accident occurred one day after he received a $4.75 million roster bonus. He might have actually been out celebrating. Wow, what a buzzkill.

He may as well just hand that bonus money over the victim's family. He's gettin civil suit action OJ-style.

What is all this "slightly over the legal limit" stuff? The report say .12 when the legal limit is .08. That's 50% over the legal limit.

Slightly would be .085. maybe .09 max...

Each .01 increment is significantly higher.

I just don't understand guys like this...all this money and yet they still drive. Just call a cab, limo or car service...its not very expensive, even for a limo...

Keep in mind, these draconian limits. Have 2 beers the next hour, and get into your vehicle. Are you incapacitated, incapable of judgment?

Probably not.

I don't diminish drunk driving. But there is nary a State that doesn't nail folks with a few drinks in them, extract a nice buck out of their pockets...all the while having a solid core of real problem drivers.

And when they are finally hauled off the road and incarcerated, the politicians scream at the courts and the police forces, so they can get some face time.

Here in OH, we have checkpoints - all passing the route they set up on, are stopped. The assumption is...guilty - prove your innocence.

These are only set up in good weather - almost always funded by the general taxpayer - federal $$$.

Curiously, there are no checkpoints in the colder months. So is it so, that there is no drunk driving then?

I think the killing a ped while you're drunk classifies you as a problem driver, maybe I'm off base but not by much.

The story I read, although I don't know if it was true, said he had several shots of patron and a few drinks the night before. he said he stopped at midnight or so. I would imagine that if he said he stopped drinking then, it may have been a lot later. He was picked up at 7 am like you said. That all makes sense to me. He drank a lot, was wasted, stopped sometime early in the morning (maybe 2 or 3 am?) and then drove at 7 am thinking he was okay. It still would likely register slightly over the limit if it were well over the limit a few hours earlier. That all makes sense to me and probably what happened. He was probably praying more of it had wore off by 7 am the last few days while waiting for the results.

.12 is significant. He wasn't loaded, but he had a few in him.

The story I heard was that he sped around a car stopped at a traffic light and hit the pedestrian, whether the light was just changing green or red, i don't know. Almost the same thing happened here in Buffalo a couple weeks back to younger kid (22 or so), except he was driving late at night, he sped around a car parked at a red light and hit and killed a woman walking with her son. The kid however didn't stop and later turned himself in, he just pleaded guilty and could get up to 15 years in prison. DS can afford a better lawyer who will contend that his client had stopped drinking, but the bottom line is a man is dead as a result of his actions. He's going to be getting worse than community service, that's for sure. Can't these guys afford a taxi or limo? I just don't understand why they take that risk. Not proud of it, but I have driven the next day after heavy drinking and actually still felt like I was buzzing, I am sure I was over the limit. I thought I remember reading some where that a large amount of DUI's were in the morning commute or something to that affect, will have to look it up...

.12 is significant. He wasn't loaded, but he had a few in him.

.10 is the highest in any state as I recall. No matter where he was he was, he was drunk by 20% over the legal limit and looks to have ended up over 50% in Florida. 1.5 times the legal limit is going to get you jail time, not field time.

God do i wish there was Mighty Taco in Florida!.....i have it sent to me when relatives visit......damn i miss the hometown food!....thank god for frozen Sahlens and loganberry juice concentrate....p.s. someone send me some Bison chip dip, and some sponge candy!

There was a report also that a witness said Stallworth's Bentley changed lanes to go around a car that was slowing for the red light and he hit the pedestrian as he was passing the stopped car...somewhat similar to how that woman was killed at Main and LaSalle last December...except in that case the driver sped off.

Anyways, there but for the grace of God, go I...

Probably not.

This is a very touchy subject. Really feel to the family.

I agree with most of what you said.

To add to it, isn't a BAL of .012 different for everyone? Meaning that the higher a BAL isthe more it is supposed to affect decision and reaction times. But how can this be the same for everyone?

ALso He PASSED the road side sobriety test. <-- I would be nervous as #$%k and fail miserably.

Suck for everyone involved!