The OFFICIAL "I voted" poll

Fezmid

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted.

Every election after I vote I always think of that classic Barney Miller episode where there's a guy who takes his voting responsibility very seriously and meticulously researches the candidates and arrives at his choice. He then ends up trying to lock up his wife to prevent her from voting because she wants to just vote for the other candidate to spite him and "cancel his vote".

Voted, took just about an hour and a half but I got mine in.

People will say that Florida got it right this time but I will tell you, things are still done half-assed down here. People in line 30 minutes after me were in and out in 5 minutes. What these ass-clowns did was divide the alphabet into A-G, H-O and P-Z. Everyone gets in one line and you move to your last name designated line. Well, we're all standing outside in the heat and humidity, about 85 or so and sunny. The gentleman handling the A-G line I believe was close to being on life support, he moved so slow that you thought he was dead. Everyone in my polling place's last name ends in A-G. One book to work out of which made it worse. Anyone who walked up whose last name ended between H-Z were shuffled to the front because the volunteers handling those books had nothing to do. They would then take up all the polling cubicles so that when the A-G line was ready to go, there weren't any available spots. Complete Ass-Clowns still down here.