[closed]Why Cutler?? Someone help me...

NFDBills

Can someone please tell me why everyone is so infatuated with trading Edwards for Cutler? Maybe I am missing something, but I dont get it. What has Cutler done? He hasn't won a playoff game, hasn't gotten to the Super Bowl. So he has 1 Pro bowl - good for him. He is whining about everything thinking he is untouchable. And then we have Edwards - who I think was a victim of a horrible offensive system. And now with TO hopefully things will open up. Maybe I am not as up on stats and schemes as other people, but can someone please tell me why they think Cutler would be so much better than Edwards.

Can someone please tell me why everyone is so infatuated with trading Edwards for Cutler? Maybe I am missing something, but I dont get it. What has Cutler done? He hasn't won a playoff game, hasn't gotten to the Super Bowl. So he has 1 Pro bowl - good for him. He is whining about everything thinking he is untouchable. And then we have Edwards - who I think was a victim of a horrible offensive system. And now with TO hopefully things will open up. Maybe I am not as up on stats and schemes as other people, but can someone please tell me why they think Cutler would be so much better than Edwards.

I don't see the infatuation. I'm unsold on Edwards, but I'm not sold on Cutler either.

I don't see the infatuation. I'm unsold on Edwards, but I'm not sold on Cutler either.

It's not like he led them to a 13-3 record. I agree about Edwards in that he doesnt jump out at me, but I am willing to give him one more year because I really like the guy. But I believe the Broncos were 8-8 last year and barely made the playoffs and I think the Broncos had better receivers. It's just confusing to me. Part of me thinks it's the fact that the Bills havent made the playoffs going on 10 years and people are freaking out.

Only part of you?
Cutler has a big arm and a big ego---two key ingredients to play quarterback. He didn't win in Dever because he was playing catchup all the time because Denver had no defense--couldn't rush the passer or stop the run--even the Bills pushed them around!

Edwards might be just the kind of guy McDaniels wants:cerebral, disciplined, accurate and comfortable staying within a system. Cutler is more Kelly-like: big arm, big ego, loves going for the deep ball and supremely confident.

Swapping these guys might make a lot of sense for the players and the franchises.

Cutler has a big arm and a big ego---two key ingredients to play quarterback. He didn't win in Dever because he was playing catchup all the time because Denver had no defense--couldn't rush the passer or stop the run--even the Bills pushed them around!

Edwards might be just the kind of guy McDaniels wants:cerebral, disciplined, accurate and comfortable staying within a system. Cutler is more Kelly-like: big arm, big ego, loves going for the deep ball and supremely confident.

Swapping these guys might make a lot of sense for the players and the franchises.

No it doesn't. The Bills have no reason to make that trade unless Edwards played horrible last year.

It's not like he led them to a 13-3 record. I agree about Edwards in that he doesnt jump out at me, but I am willing to give him one more year because I really like the guy. But I believe the Broncos were 8-8 last year and barely made the playoffs and I think the Broncos had better receivers. It's just confusing to me. Part of me thinks it's the fact that the Bills havent made the playoffs going on 10 years and people are freaking out.

Do you watch football? I mean how can you pin a teams record on just the QB? That is just absurd...

Let me ask you this...do you think Drew Brees is a top QB? What was his record last year? Case closed...

FYI: Our D (Greer in one game and Mithchell in another), and ST gave Trent 3 of his wins last year and were factors in others...Cutler didnt get any such help...

you are right, cutler has not won a playoff game, but look at denvers defense. most of the games the broncos lost were not due a lack of scoring. look at where denvers offense ranks compared to the rest of the league and then ask yourself, why trade edwards and some draft picks for cutler. trent is young and may have some upside, but cutler is proven and i would take him any day of the week

Do you watch football? I mean how can you pin a teams record on just the QB? That is just absurd...

Let me ask you this...do you think Drew Brees is a top QB? What was his record last year? Case closed...

FYI: Our D (Greer in one game and Mithchell in another), and ST gave Trent 3 of his wins last year and were factors in others...Cutler didnt get any such help...

So now Drew Brees is also not a top QB?

And you ask "do you watch football"??

Wow. This is AWESOME stuff!!! Has this place always been like this?

Watch Cutler play a few games and get back to us. He's better than Edwards, stronger physically and plays with the kind of emotion that rubs off on teamates.

Cutler will go from an offense with great talent, to one with merely average talent... if he comes here. He would most certainly regress.

He probably would, but I'd put his regression more on the coaching staff than the talent around him.

You haven't been here long, have you? :lol: This is TSW, we decide which stats are important on an argument-by-argument basis. The "QB record" stat has been bastardized, used and abused on these boards since the Flutie-RJ debate was in its infancy.

Your reading comprehension is as brutal, as your NFL analysis. ;)

:doh:

wtf..

i'll take evans, owens, and lynch over marshall, royal, and whichever RB isn't hurt.

Have you seen Denver's Oline? Cutler was sacked 11 times last year, and they were 2nd in the league in yards per carry. You are also forgetting Tony Scheffler.