Cutler for Edwards?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And what's your point? When it comes down to it, Cutler won one more game than Edwards last year, and TE was out for four games, two of which we probably could have won had TE been playing instead of our boneheaded former backup. Trent is a better QB in a number of categories, and take a look at how they perform in the fourth quarter, which, anyone will tell you is the key to seeing whether a young QB is likely to develop beyond their production in the first three or four seasons. You'll notice that Trents' statistics are much better in the Fourth Quarter. Not to say that the defense wasn't the weak link, because statistically they were, but Cutler wasn't really that good for how high their offense was rated. You think all that trade talk was because the Broncos were convinced that Mr. My-Arm's-Stronger-Than-Elway's was clearly the future of their franchise? I don't think so considering they were trying to acquire Matt Cassell, who's last start before last season was in high school, in a trade. Let's try and look at reality here. If TE plays a full season his numbers are closer to Cutler's and likely he has an equal or better record than Cutler. And as so many people on this board like to point out, wins and losses are what count.

Hilarious...another thread on this...might as well chime in, nothing better to do while I wait for my girl to get here...lmao...

Anyway, I am going to ask the same question I have asked all the "dont trade Edwards for Cutler" people that they have yet to ever answer (because they know the answer kills their argument). Here goes again, one last time...(I bet no one truthfully answers again)...

If the situation was reversed, and Cutler has always been a Bill, and his career was exactly the same here as it was in Denver, and Edwards always been a Bronco, and his career had been exactly the same...same stats for both, same win/loss record, same injuries and games missed, etc...Here is the question:

What (honestly) would you be saying right now if you heard rumors that our FO was talking about trading Cutler, our PRO BOWL, 4500+ yard, 26 TD, big arm, young QB who has IMPROVED every season for Edwards who has average arm strength, barely a winning record, only 18TD's in his career, has 18INT's to go with it (and if you add in fumbles, has more turnovers than TD's), averages less than 200 yards a game, NEVER had a 300 yard game, has only 3 games with more than 1 TD, and cant stay healthy who clearly regressed in 2008 as the season wore on?

Be honest, because you all know you would be throwing a sh*t fit about that and saying things like:

"If we trade away Cutler for this guy I am done with the Bills!"

"QB is NOT our problem, why would we trade Cutler! We need a DE, not a new QB!"

"Ralph is so cheap, he doesnt want to pay Cutler so he is just going to get rid of him!"

"Our FO is so stupid, I am tired of getting rid of our BEST players!"

You know this would be going on...no one would want us to trade Cutler for Edwards...

Look, I like Trent, I have his jersey, I think he is nice guy, and I think he has potential...however, there is just no rational argument to say that Trent has performed better than Cutler on the field. The people arguing win/loss are just desperate for a leg to stand on because anyone who understands the game football knows that a QB's win/loss record is NO WAY to judge a QB because there are so many factors that go into it...For instance, Joe Flacco had a much better win/loss record than Drew Brees, but to honestly think Flacco is better than Brees? Or Edwards is better than Brees? Come on now, that is just absurd and you know it...

And FYI: Trents record is NOT special and he too has never taken us to the playoffs, yet you talk about his record as if its impressive and hate on Cutler becuase the Broncos havent gone to the playoffs...you make excuses for Trent not taking us to the playoffs, but Trent has a more talented overall team when you factor in ST, D, and Off...

Hilarious...another thread on this...might as well chime in, nothing better to do while I wait for my girl to get here...lmao...

Anyway, I am going to ask the same question I have asked all the "dont trade Edwards for Cutler" people that they have yet to ever answer (because they know the answer kills their argument). Here goes again, one last time...(I bet no one truthfully answers again)...

If the situation was reversed, and Cutler has always been a Bill, and his career was exactly the same here as it was in Denver, and Edwards always been a Bronco, and his career had been exactly the same...same stats for both, same win/loss record, same injuries and games missed, etc...Here is the question:

What (honestly) would you be saying right now if you heard rumors that our FO was talking about trading Cutler, our PRO BOWL, 4500+ yard, 26 TD, big arm, young QB who has IMPROVED every season for Edwards who has average arm strength, barely a winning record, only 18TD's in his career, has 18INT's to go with it (and if you add in fumbles, has more turnovers than TD's), averages less than 200 yards a game, NEVER had a 300 yard game, has only 3 games with more than 1 TD, and cant stay healthy who clearly regressed in 2008 as the season wore on?

Be honest, because you all know you would be throwing a sh*t fit about that and saying things like:

"Ralph is so cheap, he doesnt want to pay Cutler so he is just going to get rid of him!"

You know this would be going on...no one would want us to trade Cutler for Edwards...

Look, I like Trent, I have his jersey, I think he is nice guy, and I think he has potential...however, there is just no rational argument to say that Trent has performed better than Cutler on the field. The people arguing win/loss are just desperate for a leg to stand on because anyone who understands the game football knows that a QB's win/loss record is NO WAY to judge a QB because there are so many factors that go into it...For instance, Joe Flacco had a much better win/loss record than Drew Brees, but to honestly think Flacco is better than Brees? Or Edwards is better than Brees? Come on now, that is just absurd and you know it...

And FYI: Trents record is NOT special and he too has never taken us to the playoffs, yet you talk about his record as if its impressive and hate on Cutler becuase the Broncos havent gone to the playoffs...you make excuses for Trent not taking us to the playoffs, but Trent has a more talented overall team when you factor in ST, D, and Off...

Alphadawg, Trent may have had better talent (and that's a big maybe), but Jay had a better coaching staff. You can not deny that Mike Shanahan was far more superior than Dick Jauron and Shanahan's game time decisions helped the Broncos win some games (calling timeout before FG). As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather have Trent because he doesn't display the "whiner" attitude that Cutler does, nor does he have an ego as big as Texas (stronger arm than Elway?). Trent has that same cool demeanor that Montana had and work ethic that is perfect for this community. Trading Trent for Cutler is like Baltimore trading Flacco for Matt Ryan. Why do or even contemplate it.

Alphadawg, Trent may have had better talent (and that's a big maybe), but Jay had a better coaching staff. You can not deny that Mike Shanahan was far more superior than Dick Jauron and Shanahan's game time decisions helped the Broncos win some games (calling timeout before FG). As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather have Trent because he doesn't display the "whiner" attitude that Cutler does, nor does he have an ego as big as Texas (stronger arm than Elway?). Trent has that same cool demeanor that Montana had and work ethic that is perfect for this community. Trading Trent for Cutler is like Baltimore trading Flacco for Matt Ryan. Why do or even contemplate it.

Fair enough...like I said, I like Trent, and hope he becomes what we all hope develops into. However, you didnt answer the question...

If the situation was reversed, and we had Cutler and the Broncos had Edwards, and each had the exact same career to this point, what would you be saying right now to rumors of our FO possibly trading our 4500 yard Pro Bowl QB for Edwards who has a weaker ARM, no 300 yard games, more turnovers than TD's, 8 less TD's less in his whole career than Cutler had last year alone, and and cant stay healthy?

Be honest...you know you would be pissed, as would all of us...thats all I am saying...

And you have to be the dumbest person born - period. .... How is this a rumor? Do you know the difference between a rumor and a question?

:thumbsup::lol:

Jacka$$!!!

your question relates to a rumor that has rumors within rumors. the whole thing with him being on the trade block, not being on the trade block, coming close to being apart of a three party trade that fell through, him almost being a Chief and cassal being a Bronco, him selling his house, him whining to the press, etc.

The rumor he is refering to is that Culter will not be a bronco next season. That rumor has created silly questions like this. And it all started when there was going to be a trade between the pats*/chiefs/broncos. but it turned out to only be the pats*/chiefs trading two players for a 2nd rounder. And it has gone downhill from there. This happened/started a good almost 3 weeks ago when FA first opened.

Because come November in Buffalo, Edwards turns into a glove wearing mary, interception throwing machine.

You mean like in Denver, the coldest game they played this year?

Actually, after his disastrous 1st Q in Cleveland (which set them back a whopping 6 points), TE had zero ints the rest of the season (16 Qs).

Why do you keep repeating the same false knocks on the guy? It's so lazy and lame. Can't you come up with a criticism based in fact?

No one can argue that if the situations were reversed that people on this board would be whining. You and I both know that's true. But the fact is people whine on this board about everything they think will hurt the team. That's what fans do. The fact remains, however, that statistics alone don't mean much for a player. How many playoff games has Cutler led the Broncos to? How many have they won?

Anyone who watches football as you accuse me of not doing, knows that the position of quarterback is about a whole lot more than statistics. You failed to answer the question I posed, because you wouldn't like the answer. HOw many times has Cutler led the Broncos back to win a game in the Fourth Quarter? How many times has Edwards done that? BUffalo has at least an 8-8 record if TE doesn't get hurt last year. Just as good as Cutler. The coaching staff last year here wasn't the staff that Shananhan worked with, or with an offense that was nearly as established. As in this was the first year we ran that particular scheme as opposed to Broncos who have run that offense for at least seven years.

How does anyone expect the Bills to develop a QB when we want to toss everyone after one season? As for Cutler, who died and made him Joe Montana? The same stuff Bills fans howl about Edwards and Losman doing, Cutler does in spades. Ask any Broncos fan. How did the Broncos do with Wonderboy at QB last year? How did Cutler do against the Bills when the Broncos season was on the line? Huh? You want that?

PTR

Cutler had much better talent around him. He has a great #1, a legit #2, and a very good pass catching TE. Not to mention his numbers are extremely inflated since he throws the ball near 40 times a game.

Would anyone argue that the Broncos would have won more games if they went more with their talentless running game. What are "inflated numbers"? I see that a lot on this board. You make it sound like a deficit. I would have enjoyed a few seasons of "inflated" QB "numbers" on this team the past 5 years or so. Wouldn't you?

No one can argue that if the situations were reversed that people on this board would be whining. You and I both know that's true. But the fact is people whine on this board about everything they think will hurt the team. That's what fans do. The fact remains, however, that statistics alone don't mean much for a player. How many playoff games has Cutler led the Broncos to? How many have they won?

Anyone who watches football as you accuse me of not doing, knows that the position of quarterback is about a whole lot more than statistics. You failed to answer the question I posed, because you wouldn't like the answer. HOw many times has Cutler led the Broncos back to win a game in the Fourth Quarter? How many times has Edwards done that? BUffalo has at least an 8-8 record if TE doesn't get hurt last year. Just as good as Cutler. The coaching staff last year here wasn't the staff that Shananhan worked with, or with an offense that was nearly as established. As in this was the first year we ran that particular scheme as opposed to Broncos who have run that offense for at least seven years.

Trents fourth quarter comebacks are a lil inflated...Greer, Mitchell, and Lynch literally bailed the game out for us in 3 of those 4th quarter wins, but, you give Trent the credit...In the Rams and Raider games, Trents passer rating was 81 both games because he was not very good through the majority of the game...

Still, his 4th quarter ratings are higher than the rest of his game and still impressive...so thats why I say he has potential...BUT, playing FROM BEHIND in the fourth quarter is NOT the way you build a winning team...FYI...Jake Plummer was known as Mr. Comeback...too bad he stunk so much the rest of the game that they dumped him for Cutler...

So, I dont want a QB thats puts us behind because he cant get it going during the fourth quarter...and I say again, why on earth do you talk about Cutlers lack of a playoff win in a Cutler-Edwards comparison when Trent hasnt sniffed the playoffs either? Especially since everyone knows that the Broncos not making the playoffs last year had everything to do with the defense...

Cutler had much better talent around him. He has a great #1, a legit #2, and a very good pass catching TE. Not to mention his numbers are extremely inflated since he throws the ball near 40 times a game.

Um, they threw it that much because they Cutler was effective when throwing...if we had a QB who could throw like I am sure we would pass more too...

Instead, our staff is so iffy on our QB that we run the ball 3 straight downs to end a game with a long FG with lots of wind instead of using the final minute on the clock to throw the ball and try and get better field position...

So, to me, that shows a lack of confidence in our QB not to turn the ball over AGAIN in that game...where in Denver, they rode Cutlers arm because without him they win maybe 2 or 3 games last year.

Um, they threw it that much because they Cutler was effective when throwing...if we had a QB who could throw like I am sure we would pass more too...

Instead, our staff is so iffy on our QB that we run the ball 3 straight downs to end a game with a long FG with lots of wind instead of using the final minute on the clock to throw the ball and try and get better field position...

So, to me, that shows a lack of confidence in our QB not to turn the ball over AGAIN in that game...where in Denver, they rode Cutlers arm because without him they win maybe 2 or 3 games last year.

Alpha, I thought you said you were going to just chime in one more time about this,

about 5 times ago.