Everette Brown on Sirius

NY Nole

In full disclosure, I'm a big FSU fan and familiar with his game but I gotta say this was a great interview. Highlights:

- He received a degree in December from FSU

- He comes from a 2-parent home (very close to his father)

- He compares himself to Dwight Freeney -- modeled his spin move after him

- Has had 25 college starts, made 70 plays in the backfield (23 sacks + tackles for loss)

- Is a HUGE student of the game, studies all defensive positions. Said during the summer 7-on-7 drills at FSU, would compete with the LB's and CB's and would pick their brain about what their assignments were, what they key on, etc.

- Said when he arrived at FSU, Defensive Coordinator Mickey Andrews told him he was already a great pass rusher, but he'd better be able to stop the run too.

- Official height is 6-1, 256. He ran 4.73 (plans to redo at Pro Day and thinks he can improve) also squats: 650 lbs, power cleans 400 lbs and did 26 bench press reps.

- Considers his best game was at Miami and worst game against Virginia Tech (because he missed 3 tackles that could have been sacks).

- His Pro day is scheduled for Monday.

Bottom line, I think this would be a great pick for us on draft day. Brown is fairly well versed and I can't stress enough how much he loves the game and is a student of the game -- something that differentiates good picks from "busts".

From what I've read, he's more suited for a 3-4 in the rush linebacker mold of someone like Demarcus Ware. But hey, if he can get to the quarterback, sign me up. That's priority No. 1 for me.

We have Everette Brown going to Oakland with the 7th pick. We also see him as a 4-3 guy, and a (dare I say it because Jauron said it) "situational" pass rusher.

saw an interview with him. seemed shifty to me. I wasn't left with a good impression - did not seem genuine. This is just a first impression - not really a strong, informed opinion. I'm stating it hoping that someone might add to it: Anybody get the same or different impression? Anybody know better than Average Joe Occasional Follower of Draft Prospects (me)?

I'm hoping we trade down and gather more Day 1 picks, because we need serious help at G, C, TE, DE, S, and LB.

In full disclosure, I'm a big FSU fan and familiar with his game but I gotta say this was a great interview. Highlights:

- He received a degree in December from FSU

- He comes from a 2-parent home (very close to his father)

- He compares himself to Dwight Freeney -- modeled his spin move after him

- Has had 25 college starts, made 70 plays in the backfield (23 sacks + tackles for loss)

- Is a HUGE student of the game, studies all defensive positions. Said during the summer 7-on-7 drills at FSU, would compete with the LB's and CB's and would pick their brain about what their assignments were, what they key on, etc.

- Said when he arrived at FSU, Defensive Coordinator Mickey Andrews told him he was already a great pass rusher, but he'd better be able to stop the run too.

- Official height is 6-1, 256. He ran 4.73 (plans to redo at Pro Day and thinks he can improve) also squats: 650 lbs, power cleans 400 lbs and did 26 bench press reps.

- Considers his best game was at Miami and worst game against Virginia Tech (because he missed 3 tackles that could have been sacks).

- His Pro day is scheduled for Monday.

Bottom line, I think this would be a great pick for us on draft day. Brown is fairly well versed and I can't stress enough how much he loves the game and is a student of the game -- something that differentiates good picks from "busts".

Rack 'em!!

saw an interview with him. seemed shifty to me. I wasn't left with a good impression - did not seem genuine. This is just a first impression - not really a strong, informed opinion. I'm stating it hoping that someone might add to it: Anybody get the same or different impression? Anybody know better than Average Joe Occasional Follower of Draft Prospects (me)?

I'm hoping we trade down and gather more Day 1 picks, because we need serious help at G, C, TE, DE, S, and LB.

Hardly. Evertte's been nothing but a stand up, hard nosed, give 100% player his entire time here at FSU. I can't guarantee he'll be the next superstar, but i can guarantee he'll bust his ass and do what it takes to learn whatever is asked of him for whatever team that takes him.

Hardly. Evertte's been nothing but a stand up, hard nosed, give 100% player his entire time here at FSU. I can't guarantee he'll be the next superstar, but i can guarantee he'll bust his ass and do what it takes to learn whatever is asked of him for whatever team that takes him.

Of the three whose fates will always be connected around here, I like Brown better than Orakpo or Maybin. By a wide margin.

I think I'd rather have Ayers than Orakpo and Maybin also.

Brown in my view is the most polished DE passrusher in the draft. He does remind me of Freeney as well, not as much explosion on the edge, but he has some amazing pass rushing moves, plus he has really thick legs sort of like Freeny's. Some people question his height, but I don't see it as an issue. I see him as a better 4-3 End then a 3-4 Edge rushing LB.

If Brown is available at #11, Buffalo should take him. He was used in the 4-3 at FSU and was scary against even some of the best O-Lines in college football. He's quick, has really solid pass rushing moves and can really disrupt an offensive backfield. If he's gone and Buffalo decides to go DE with the #11 pick, I'd rather take Ayers or Michael Johnson than Maybin. I just see Maybin as the next Erik Flowers. Though Ayers and Johnson are likely to be considered reaches, Buffalo needs DE help more than anything else in the draft, so unless we trade down, they should stand at #11 and take the best DE available, other than Maybin.

Ehhh, straight line timed speed doesn't mean that much to me. Freeney was lightning fast, but so were 100 guys who have been busts. Brown has been a terrificly productive player at the college level, and has enough size to succeed as a DE/OLB hybrid player. In his rookie year, he could be a solid rotational pass rusher and has the physical tools to become a really good all around player.

Is he a huge Mario WIlliams type DE? No, but there are a long line of guys who transition from college DEs to OLB