crowell staying in buffalo?

I hope this is why we haven't signed any FA LBs, yet. :thumbdown:

I'm almost certain this is exactly why we haven't signed anyone else yet. I'm thinking the coaching staff thought he would be the best fit for that spot, and just wanted to wait to be sure there was no other competition for his services out there. The others were likely brought in to have a backup plan in place in case someone else wanted Crow.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. I trust Tim Graham's reporting. He wouldn't say that the bridge has been burned if he didn't have confirmation from his sources.

Obama's stimulus plan has called for a lot of bridges to be rebuilt. It could easily have been burned, and now they are rebuilding it.

FWIW, I think he's probably not going to sign here. But I actually would like if they signed him and Freddy or Cato, and let them fight it out for playing time.

Did to HIM??

HE screwed us, and he got screwed back

What?

He had a knee injury. Why would he play a whole season tackling people with a bum knee? He wanted to take care of his health so he could play at 100% and so he could enter free agency healthy. He wasn't going to be out for the whole year and the Bills IR'd him anyway, purely out of spite.

Sure the timing was lousy, but such is life in the NFL. He was hurt and wanted to get healthy.

Obama's stimulus plan has called for a lot of bridges to be rebuilt. It could easily have been burned, and now they are rebuilding it.

FWIW, I think he's probably not going to sign here. But I actually would like if they signed him and Freddy or Cato, and let them fight it out for playing time.

We'll have a linebacker by Tuesday at the latest.

I don't want this to end talk of Cushing. Do you?

What?

He had a knee injury. Why would he play a whole season tackling people with a bum knee? He wanted to take care of his health so he could play at 100% and so he could enter free agency healthy. He wasn't going to be out for the whole year and the Bills IR'd him anyway, purely out of spite.

Sure the timing was lousy, but such is life in the NFL. He was hurt and wanted to get healthy.

He was apparently advised to get surgery much earlier in the off-season and refused. And had he had surgery, it would have been the lesser one and he still wouldn't have been 100% for the season, whenever he returned.

What?

Jauron doesn't seem like the type to do things 'purely out of spite', which leads me to think that either the injury was worse than we know or something else was happening 'behind the scenes'.

We'll have a linebacker by Tuesday at the latest.

I don't want this to end talk of Cushing. Do you?

I'm never against good LBers although I don't have any great feeling either way for whether or not Cushing will become a stud. And I actually do think we could go into the season with Mitchell, Poz and Crowell-or-June-or-Freddy K and not totally suck.

I am pretty torn this year as far as round one goes. Either of the big DTs may be good. I wouldn't be against a DE although I think that, contrary to popular belief, there are ways to generate a pass rush with a healthy Schobel, a solid interior and an offense that puts points on the board.

FWIW, I would love the projection of the trade down and get Pettigrew, Ayers and Unger. That would be fabulous.

This is big news. This is good news. We have a need and I want him back. I was so disappointed with what Buffalo did to him. He was absolutely poised for a big year.

Poised for a big year? I guess Tom Brady was poised for a big year last year too.

Nope. I trust Tim Graham's reporting. He wouldn't say that the bridge has been burned if he didn't have confirmation from his sources.

I wonder if the situation is mutual - Crowell can't get signed elsewhere and the Bills can't sign anyone else - hence a marriage made in Buffalo

I'm never against good LBers although I don't have any great feeling either way for whether or not Cushing will become a stud. And I actually do think we could go into the season with Mitchell, Poz and Crowell-or-June-or-Freddy K and not totally suck.

I like that starting LB core for the most part. Was Mitchell weakside last year? And Crowell is typically strongside? Not totally sure. Poz does need to step it up a bit...

I just don't get it. I always liked Crowell, I saw him as a defensive strength on our team, and then all of a sudden...

poof.....

To me, keeping him makes a lot of sense. He knows the "Tampa 2" and is big and physical enough to play in other defenses as well. So just in case Jauron is gone next year, and a new defensive system is implemented, he would be good enough to most likely play in that system as well.

I'd like to see them re-sign Crowell and also either June or Keiaho. That would give us some quality depth at LB.

Awesome idea I feel even if we sign a lb ellison will get pushed into action and he is at best a quality back up. Perry Fewell even said he's not a starter in this league in the Buffalo News.