Trent in Buffalo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More like...

TRENT: Hey, you guys wanna go to dinner and catch a film? I hear there's a new Dakota Fanning movie.

T.O./LEE: Wouldn't it be better to practice some pass routes?

TRENT: You guys crazy? It's too freakin' cold, and I forgot my gloves anyway - let's go eat.

I don't get it.

Oh, wait. You're saying that Trent can't play inthe cold, right?

Oh.

More like...

TRENT: Hey, you guys wanna go to dinner and catch a film? I hear there's a new Dakota Fanning movie.

T.O./LEE: Wouldn't it be better to practice some pass routes?

TRENT: You guys crazy? It's too freakin' cold, and I forgot my gloves anyway - let's go eat.

the three of them should all go and get a couple of hookers together.that will bring them together real fast.

the three of them should all go and get a couple of hookers together.that will bring them together real fast.

Totally agree. There is nothing like a good old fashion Gang Bang to promote team unity.

ha ha, your not questioning all the experts on this site are you? :thumbsup:

Your talking about the same experts that are positive that Trent will be traded to Denver for a Cassell and Cutler deal? :lol:

Or maybe the same experts that thought paying Peters would turn into a good idea. :lol:

Maybe you were all right when we said we should have signed him last year. It only would have cost us 9M/yr last year and now its up to 13M/yr. :cry:

Your talking about the same experts that are positive that Trent will be traded to Denver for a Cassell and Cutler deal? :cry:

Or maybe the same experts that thought paying Peters would turn into a good idea. :lol:

Maybe you were all right when we said we should have signed him last year. It only would have cost us 9M/yr last year and now its up to 13M/yr. :huh:

Not a chance - Peters would have signed for $9M/yr., then pissed and moaned two years into the new deal and held out again for more $$$$.

Like I said in December, we've seen Peters play his last game in a Bills uniform. Best thing we could do now is trade him for some players & a bunch of draft picks, and laugh as we watch Peters' game slide downhill with a different team.

I just want to see him get some work in outside while we still have winter weather. There is no way to replicate that in OTAs or TC. He needs to thrive in the elements like Favre did, not just survive them.

Who are the other Qbs who thrive "like Favre" in the cold?

Not a chance - Peters would have signed for $9M/yr., then pissed and moaned two years into the new deal and held out again for more $$$$.

Like I said in December, we've seen Peters play his last game in a Bills uniform. Best thing we could do now is trade him for some players & a bunch of draft picks, and laugh as we watch Peters' game slide downhill with a different team.

Peters and Edwards for, Cutler 1 first and 2 second round picks.

Peters and Edwards for, Cutler 1 first and 2 second round picks.

Not enough - I'm looking for something like what Jimmy Johnson did with Herschel Walker...

( from Wikipedia - link )

Minnesota Vikings Received:

* RB Herschel Walker

* Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1990 (54) (Mike Jones)

* San Diego's 5th round pick - 1990 (116) (Reggie Thornton)

* Dallas's 10th round pick - 1990 (249) (Pat Newman)

* Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1991 (68) (Jake Reed)

Dallas Cowboys Received:

* LB Jesse Solomon

* LB David Howard

* CB Issiac Holt

* RB Darrin Nelson (traded to San Diego after he refused to report to Dallas)

* DE Alex Stewart

* Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1990 (21) - traded along with pick (81) for pick (17) from Pittsburgh to draft (Emmitt Smith)

* Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1990 (47) (Alexander Wright)

* Minnesota's 6th round pick in 1990 (158) (traded to New Orleans, who drafted James Williams)

* Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (11) (Pat Harlow)

* Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (38) (Darryll Lewis)

* Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (37) (Darren Woodson)

* Minnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (71) (traded to New England, who drafted Kevin Turner)

* Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1993 (conditional) - (13) (traded to Philadelphia Eagles, and then to the Houston Oilers, who drafted Brad Hopkins)

"Dallas ended up with a total of six of Minnesota's picks over the succeeding years, two of which were used to draft Emmitt Smith and Darren Woodson. Jimmy Johnson used the other draft picks to make trades with other teams around the NFL. One of the trades led to obtaining the first overall draft pick in 1991, which was used to draft Russell Maryland. In other words, the trade of Herschel Walker to the Vikings contributed largely to the Cowboys' success in the early 1990s."

Now I'm not saying Peters can pull that much, and Brandon probably doesn't have a clue how to even start, but trading Peters while he's still got high trade value could set the Bills up for years to come.

Not enough - I'm looking for something like what Jimmy Johnson did with Herschel Walker...

( from Wikipedia - link )

Minnesota Vikings Received:

* RB Herschel Walker

* Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1990 (54) (Mike Jones)

* San Diego's 5th round pick - 1990 (116) (Reggie Thornton)

* Dallas's 10th round pick - 1990 (249) (Pat Newman)

* Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1991 (68) (Jake Reed)

Dallas Cowboys Received:

* LB Jesse Solomon

* LB David Howard

* CB Issiac Holt

* RB Darrin Nelson (traded to San Diego after he refused to report to Dallas)

* DE Alex Stewart

* Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1990 (21) - traded along with pick (81) for pick (17) from Pittsburgh to draft (Emmitt Smith)

* Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1990 (47) (Alexander Wright)

* Minnesota's 6th round pick in 1990 (158) (traded to New Orleans, who drafted James Williams)

* Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (11) (Pat Harlow)

* Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (38) (Darryll Lewis)

* Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (37) (Darren Woodson)

* Minnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (71) (traded to New England, who drafted Kevin Turner)

* Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1993 (conditional) - (13) (traded to Philadelphia Eagles, and then to the Houston Oilers, who drafted Brad Hopkins)

"Dallas ended up with a total of six of Minnesota's picks over the succeeding years, two of which were used to draft Emmitt Smith and Darren Woodson. Jimmy Johnson used the other draft picks to make trades with other teams around the NFL. One of the trades led to obtaining the first overall draft pick in 1991, which was used to draft Russell Maryland. In other words, the trade of Herschel Walker to the Vikings contributed largely to the Cowboys' success in the early 1990s."

Now I'm not saying Peters can pull that much, and Brandon probably doesn't have a clue how to even start, but trading Peters while he's still got high trade value could set the Bills up for years to come.

For a guy that you think is no good, and a weasel who will surely hold out every year, you seem to think he's worth quite a bit.

"Hey, I've got a sandwich that tastes like s#it, on stale bread. I want $20 Million for it, no less!"

Right.

For a guy that you think is no good, and a weasel who will surely hold out every year, you seem to think he's worth quite a bit.

"Hey, I've got a sandwich that tastes like s#it, on stale bread. I want $20 Million for it, no less!"

Right.

You apparently overlooked the last sentence of my post...

And he is a weasel, very likely to pull the holdout crap again half-way through his next contract.

Like I said, if we're to trade Peters, best to do it now - to some GM as delusional as the Peters-lovers on TSW - while his trade value is still relatively high.

You apparently overlooked the last sentence of my post...

And he is a weasel, very likely to pull the holdout crap again half-way through his next contract.

Like I said, if we're to trade Peters, best to do it now - to some GM as delusional as the Peters-lovers on TSW - while his trade value is still relatively high.

I did read the last sentence. My point remains.